2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana Lyn said:
Maybe that's a ploy to get you to pay the $50 shipping charge! :lmao: My TRU had the princesses, a Spongebob and 2 Little Tikes-- a $199 one and a $300 + one.

I was in Walmart today. GASP!! The HORROR!!! :scared1: They had a cute Sesame Street one but it was $299 and I think that's way more than they are really worth.

0002675315377_500X500.jpg
See, now that one is cute, but it would probably take up the rest of my backyard. However, I'm sure that the girls would LOVE it!!! I'll have to take a trip to TRU or Sams.

This is similar to the one we have:

JPD4554D_OL_full.jpg

I just went to the Little Tikes site. A lot of the classic toys are coming back into production. This could be very bad for my spending habits. :worried: I have the classic castle in my yard but have always loved several of the other items and never had the luck to find them at garage sales.

DH was sick (flu like symptoms) all day yesterday. He is feeling better today but we are still just hanging around the house. Watching movies and DH has requested home made chicken and dumplings. So, I will be off to the store to pick up groceries.

Amy and Diana-Very cute signature pictures. Next week we will be getting a family photo taken and maybe I will have to update the Gallery photo to something newer.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :grouphug:

gometros said:
Sorry to bounce this discussion to another topic, but I h ave a few quick questions about MNSHHP, now that I read Deb's site. We always like to take a late lunch reservation to take advantage of lunch prices at the parks and I made a PS for LTT the day of MNSHHP. Deb's site happens to mention LTT as a good place to eat before the party, but if we eat there lunchtime is that too soon or is dinner different? Also, does the party work like the E-Ride nights? In other words, if we're already in the park, do we go to CIty Hall and turn in our tickets for bracelets or something like that?
I think that the biggest difference is that the characters that are all dressed up for the party are not their for lunch, only dinner (I think). Our plan is go to go LTT early (around 4:30pm) for dinner. Anyway, when we did that last time, the actually came around to us at dinner and asked if we had tickets to the party. We showed our tickets and they gave us our wristbands right in LTT. I hope that helps.

gometros said:
Sorry to bounce this discussion to another topic, but I h ave a few quick questions about MNSHHP, now that I read Deb's site. We always like to take a late lunch reservation to take advantage of lunch prices at the parks and I made a PS for LTT the day of MNSHHP. Deb's site happens to mention LTT as a good place to eat before the party, but if we eat there lunchtime is that too soon or is dinner different? Also, does the party work like the E-Ride nights? In other words, if we're already in the park, do we go to CIty Hall and turn in our tickets for bracelets or something like that?

I don't know what LTT lunch schedule is, but I think dinner starts at 4.

When we've been in the past, as we entered the park late in the day if we had tickets to the Halloween or Christmas Party, they have given us wristbands as we entered. They had stations around the park where you could pick them up also.

gometros said:

We have ADR's for LTT @ 4:30 pm. We figured we would eat a big breakfast on the ship and have a Linner @ LTT. I believe you are right about turning in your tickets and I believe you get a braclet to wear indicating you are staying for MNSSHP.

alikat99 said:
I think that the biggest difference is that the characters that are all dressed up for the party are not their for lunch, only dinner (I think). Our plan is go to go LTT early (around 4:30pm) for dinner. Anyway, when we did that last time, the actually came around to us at dinner and asked if we had tickets to the party. We showed our tickets and they gave us our wristbands right in LTT. I hope that helps.

The CM's are dressed up very similar to the HM CM theme. Their makeup is awesome at LTT!

Thanks, guys, that helps a lot. I think we will switch to an early dinner seating.

rsschneck said:
DH was sick (flu like symptoms) all day yesterday. He is feeling better today but we are still just hanging around the house. Watching movies and DH has requested home made chicken and dumplings. So, I will be off to the store to pick up groceries.

Amy and Diana-Very cute signature pictures. Next week we will be getting a family photo taken and maybe I will have to update the Gallery photo to something newer.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :grouphug:

I hope he feels back to himself soon. pixiedust:

Chicken & dumplings -- that sounds good to me. We actually had a very early dinner. Gary made a ham when he came home with Cameron from his early Sunday morning baseball training. Walker helped him make the sides and the kitchen is already cleaned up. :thumbsup2 I remember on Sunday's as a kid we would always go out to dinner early in the day.

Good thing -- as Gary is at work now. His pager was going off repeatedly with one problem after another. Must be the rain today which is sending everyone into the malls/retail stores to use their credit cards. Looks like their processing system is getting a workout. :rolleyes1

Ironically this is the oncall he took from the man who so graciously took Gary's when we went to WDW last month.

gometros said:
Thanks, guys, that helps a lot. I think we will switch to an early dinner seating.

Forget that, I just realized that the dinner is family style and all meat (yeah, I know there's mac and cheese). I guess we'll have to stick with lunch and miss the character experience.

I just found out something about our May cruise that has me very excited....Ducky Williams will be cruising with us! :cheer2:

If I get the chance I will definately ask him if he'll be cruising with us in October. Wouldn't that be awesome!

WDWLVR said:
I just found out something about our May cruise that has me very excited....Ducky Williams will be cruising with us! :cheer2:

If I get the chance I will definately ask him if he'll be cruising with us in October. Wouldn't that be awesome!
Yippee!!! That's awesome, Mary!! And, we noticed that since it wasn't a "special" cruise (even though ours was Valentine's and yours is the 1st double dip), that there were less people in the presentation, so we ended up winning 2 of his sketches. I think that the true Disney fanatics really know who Ducky is, but a lot of people don't.

Amy - that's right you saw him in February. Did you guys get a litho on that cruise?

WDWLVR said:
Amy - that's right you saw him in February. Did you guys get a litho on that cruise?
Nope, no litho! But, hopefully you will get once, since you're on the 1st Double Dip cruise. We were just excited to get 2 sketches, and I got to talk to him for about 10-15 minutes while he was waiting for someone. Plus, we got a picture with him and his whole group in pirate attire. We were pretty much the only ones that dressed up, but we had fun.

Pirates.jpg

Mary that is so cool about Ducky being on your cruise. Could you please try and check to see if he will be on the 11 day? I think someone mentioned he was going on either the 10 or the 11 day (was that you Amy?).

I loved his presentations and of course the sketch that John won!

#1Mouse said:
Mary that is so cool about Ducky being on your cruise. Could you please try and check to see if he will be on the 11 day? I think someone mentioned he was going on either the 10 or the 11 day (was that you Amy?).

I loved his presentations and of course the sketch that John won!
I think that he said that he was on the 10-night. I'm sure that Mary can check for you, but I thought it was the 10, not the 11.

alikat99 said:
Nope, no litho! But, hopefully you will get once, since you're on the 1st Double Dip cruise. We were just excited to get 2 sketches, and I got to talk to him for about 10-15 minutes while he was waiting for someone. Plus, we got a picture with him and his whole group in pirate attire. We were pretty much the only ones that dressed up, but we had fun.

Pirates.jpg

Looks like a fun group!

Hi Everyone! Well I missed a lot but had a lot of fun!
Stayed at the dolphin, met our friends and their dd6 at the Pin station and off we went. For those of you with children I'll be giving a list of childrens events.

Madhatter's tea party: we got there around 10am Madhatter and Alice were both there.
Then we headed off to character connection and then up to Tinkerbelle's garden. Just about when we were about to leave, Peter pan and Wendy came out, they told stories and played hide and seek and then took photos.
We stopped at the Toy shop in the UK at 2pm and saw Mary Poppins and Pooh characters.
Then off to the home depot play area, we saw Goofy and then they had tomatoes you can plant and they had someone making ballon animals.
(This line is long. )
Then Chip and Dale came out, these "guys" were great, not just standing there but playing with the kids, Dale was sliding on the slide, and Chip was doing slide traffic control.
We then headed for dinner but there were tons of characters out,
Gepetto and cast in Italy, Timon and Rafiki by the refreshment outpost, and Snow White was supposed to be coming out in Germany.
Then off to Princess Dinner in Norway, it was great to try this dinner but its nothing to rush back to. Although our service was excellent.

Well I hope this was not too long
-Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter