4x4 rolodex ~ Party of 3 ~ Mid October

November:
Gift Tag Swap ~ Disney_Rider ~ 11/2
Newbie General Disney swap - rlovew ~ 11/16
Sketch Swap - AWM ~ 11/30

December:
Outside the parks - DIT ~ 12/4

Inquires:
Angelmom: Inquired about a card swap any time..
JennyL: Inquired about hosting a boy/girl swap anytime… need dates
Mischief_managed: Inquired about hosting General Vacation Swap..
Po3: wants to host rolodex swap - need dates

I'm game for all of the above, just check out the calendar and let me know if you see good spots.

Thank you Nancy and Susan for helping to jump start the calendar. Let's hope 2009 is a smooth and productive year for all of us!

Hey Bamb,
I was interested in hostessing an ATC swap in March, & I was wondering how I go about that? I am not computer savvy at all & I wanted to know how I update everyone & keep everyone posted when it comes time. Basically just doing everything the hostessed do & keeping up with everything for everyone.

Do I have to get approval from you before I do it? Any help would be great. Thanks a lot.
Michi Belle

BAMB I would like to host the Disney Surprise swap with sign ups on Aug 16 and a due date of Oct 17.

Thanks
Shawn

Hey Bamb,
I was interested in hostessing an ATC swap in March, & I was wondering how I go about that? I am not computer savvy at all & I wanted to know how I update everyone & keep everyone posted when it comes time. Basically just doing everything the hostessed do & keeping up with everything for everyone.

Do I have to get approval from you before I do it? Any help would be great. Thanks a lot.
Michi Belle

Starting toward the end of March with a due date of end of May would seem to work into the calendar best.

It is not so much as getting approval but as putting it on the calander so all of us remember it when we are scheduling other things.

Rebecca

Thanks for Clarification Hope!!! After a while all dates were running together.... thank gosh I didn't have it that far off the original date you had planned!!!

We'll get it updated shortly!!!! :) BAMB is still @ the dentist w/ DH!

Starting toward the end of March with a due date of end of May would seem to work into the calendar best.

It is not so much as getting approval but as putting it on the calander so all of us remember it when we are scheduling other things.

Rebecca

Ok perfect...Then I post it at the end of March & due date at the end of May. I will post the the catagories early at the beginning pf March so people can see what they want to sign for. Will you help guide on how to do everything as far as posting & putting people in their catagories? Thanks a bunch.
Michi

OK, updated to here.

Hey Bamb,

Michi Belle

The first thing you need to decide upon, besides dates, is your groups. Are you doing a general, getting to know you, or Disney theme? Take a look at some other swaps to get an idea of how big you want your groups. 6 people is usually a good number, 12 if they are just making 1 card for each group. And choose how many groups you want to do total.

So for example
Group 1 - Princesses

1 BAMB - Mulan
2 PrincessNancy - Snow White
3 AWM - Aurora
4 Michi Belle - Belle
5 123SA - Cinderella
6 NemoMom07 - Jasmine

when it fills up then put Full in a bright color like red.

When it comes to sign ups you will post a thread saying "ATC sign ups - open"
it is first come first serve. Sometimes you might have to juggle some people.

So say Nancy and I both want Mulan but I posted first, it goes to me and Nancy gets to pick something else. Or if you do 2 groups I get a spot in group 1 and Nancy gets the spot in group 2.
I typically write this down on a note pad and edit a little along at a time.

When you fill all your groups you edit your title to ATC Swap - Closed but active.
Here is where you have 2 choices, you can start a new progress thread or you can keep the one thread. Either way is fine.
Once you have all your swappers. PM them your address with the Due Date and mailing instructions Like flat rate box or envelope, I think these can go envelopes for the most part. What kind of postage you are willing to take, Cash, Check, stamps.

Then you have check in dates, usually one every 2 weeks unless it's a quick turn around, then you want every week. If a poster, say Nancy, doesn't check in you PM her. If you don't hear from her within 2 days without a previous explanation like vacation, then you can angel her spots. Some people will volunteer during sign ups to be angels.

You want your mail date to be 1 week before your Due date.

You can edit everything in your first post. I can also edit for you if you need extra help.

Let me know if this is too much info, not enough, or if you still have questions. A lot of us have hostessed a bunch so we can all help you through it.

Oh and I would suggest typing up all your instructions, details, etc in Word then copy and paste it into your post.

I hope I didn't scare you off!!! LOL

Ok perfect...Then I post it at the end of March & due date at the end of May. I will post the the catagories early at the beginning pf March so people can see what they want to sign for. Will you help guide on how to do everything as far as posting & putting people in their catagories? Thanks a bunch.
Michi

when you get a chance can you give me specific dates and times please.

OK, updated to here.

The first thing you need to decide upon, besides dates, is your groups. Are you doing a general, getting to know you, or Disney theme? Take a look at some other swaps to get an idea of how big you want your groups. 6 people is usually a good number, 12 if they are just making 1 card for each group. And choose how many groups you want to do total.

So for example
Group 1 - Princesses

1 BAMB - Mulan
2 PrincessNancy - Snow White
3 AWM - Aurora
4 Michi Belle - Belle
5 123SA - Cinderella
6 NemoMom07 - Jasmine

when it fills up then put Full in a bright color like red.

When it comes to sign ups you will post a thread saying "ATC sign ups - open"
it is first come first serve. Sometimes you might have to juggle some people.

So say Nancy and I both want Mulan but I posted first, it goes to me and Nancy gets to pick something else. Or if you do 2 groups I get a spot in group 1 and Nancy gets the spot in group 2.
I typically write this down on a note pad and edit a little along at a time.

When you fill all your groups you edit your title to ATC Swap - Closed but active.
Here is where you have 2 choices, you can start a new progress thread or you can keep the one thread. Either way is fine.
Once you have all your swappers. PM them your address with the Due Date and mailing instructions Like flat rate box or envelope, I think these can go envelopes for the most part. What kind of postage you are willing to take, Cash, Check, stamps.

Then you have check in dates, usually one every 2 weeks unless it's a quick turn around, then you want every week. If a poster, say Nancy, doesn't check in you PM her. If you don't hear from her within 2 days without a previous explanation like vacation, then you can angel her spots. Some people will volunteer during sign ups to be angels.

You want your mail date to be 1 week before your Due date.

You can edit everything in your first post. I can also edit for you if you need extra help.

Let me know if this is too much info, not enough, or if you still have questions. A lot of us have hostessed a bunch so we can all help you through it.

Oh and I would suggest typing up all your instructions, details, etc in Word then copy and paste it into your post.

I hope I didn't scare you off!!! LOL

Yes, great explanation. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I don't have a 2009 calendar yet (well mine only goes until Feb.) What day of the week is March 15th? I can have sign ups that day, then close it on the 20th. Do you have a new calendar? I will post the catagories on March 10th I guess, lol. Being that I don't have a calendar yet. Due date can be May 15th. Mail it by May 10th. Does that sound good to you?
I will work on my groups. I may do a couple of groups Disney, & a couple not. I think I'd like to throw in Holidays as well. Thanks again.
Michi

Yes, great explanation. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I don't have a 2009 calendar yet (well mine only goes until Feb.) What day of the week is March 15th? I can have sign ups that day, then close it on the 20th. Do you have a new calendar? I will post the catagories on March 10th I guess, lol. Being that I don't have a calendar yet. Due date can be May 15th. Mail it by May 10th. Does that sound good to you?
I will work on my groups. I may do a couple of groups Disney, & a couple not. I think I'd like to throw in Holidays as well. Thanks again.
Michi

March 15th is a Sunday. May works for me.

If you want to do smaller more specific groups we can have several swaps throughout the year. We could do a Dinsey, a Holiday, etc.....

Michi

March 15th is a Sunday, May 15th is a Friday- mail by date should be May 9th (sat) or Mail 11th (Mon). You may want to start small- choose no more than 2-3 topics (like we did with the altered binder clip swap) and we could always. This will give you less to deal with in both sign-ups and sorting. We can always add another ATC swap later in the year. I would suggest maybe Disney characters- let everyone choose their favorites and then 1 or 2 areas - maybe holidays and something you like best - animals, seasons, ect. as your third topic.

Rebecca

March 15th is a Sunday, May 15th is a Friday- mail by date should be May 9th (sat) or Mail 11th (Mon). You may want to start small- choose no more than 2-3 topics (like we did with the altered binder clip swap) and we could always. This will give you less to deal with in both sign-ups and sorting. We can always add another ATC swap later in the year. I would suggest maybe Disney characters- let everyone choose their favorites and then 1 or 2 areas - maybe holidays and something you like best - animals, seasons, ect. as your third topic.

Rebecca

Rebecca can you be Michi's mentor for this swap? You can bounce ideas off each other and help her with the guts of sign ups.

Michi would that be ok with you?

March 15th is a Sunday. May works for me.

If you want to do smaller more specific groups we can have several swaps throughout the year. We could do a Dinsey, a Holiday, etc.....

Ok, that's perfect then. I would love to do the atc swaps through out the year. The 1st one can be Disney, I'm sure the girls would like that. I think 6 to a group would be fine since they are small cards. It shouldn't be too much work.
I like the idea of everyone sending a wallet size pic of themselves for the 1st swap. So then when we start collecting the cards, we can put their cards in their section if we all have one of those nice carousels.

It would be fine with me to mentor her through the first one.

Rebecca

Thanks guys, your so helpful. I would be completley fine with that. I appreciate it. I have some ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter