2008/2009 Swap Calendar updated to pg 23

I just noticed that AWM's current Surprise Swap that she's hostessing isn't listed on the calendar as active and the due date isn't showing in the January due dates listing.

I just noticed that AWM's current Surprise Swap that she's hostessing isn't listed on the calendar as active and the due date isn't showing in the January due dates listing.

Thanks! Probably because no one had posted it on it when I was searching so I lost where it was in the threads!! Thanks for pointing it out!!! We'll have BAMB add it to the calendar today!!!

BAMB -- yes, MK can move to January. Sign ups on Jan 1? Due Mar 2.

Can we move the color swap to March with the same dates as MK currently has?

I'll do 12x12 one page groups and

topper + 1 element groups

separate threads, but run concurrently

I'll work on the groups and get an info thread posted so people know what to expect.

Thanks for your work in getting this calendar together and keeping us all in line!

Since the calendar has filled out a bunch, I figured out when I would like to do the "Swapper's Choice" swap. This is the one, where the groups will be picked by the individual swappers (one group per swapper).

June 8 - Send me your group, if you want one
June 15 - Signups
Aug 28 - Due

I would like to sign up for one of these swaps, but still VERY confused...maybe I'm reading too much and my brain is tired. :cloud9:

I'm looking at things that other people have done and what if mine aren't that good to send out in the swap since I'm new to this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like journal boxes or those little extras that you add to a page with your pics right? What if some thing is made and you don't have coordinating paper for the background or does that get sent in the swap too?

A few swaps are whole pages, but mostly they tend to be elements (like tags, photo mats etc.) or mini page kits. They need to match/co-ordinate with each other, but its up to the recipient how they use them - soemtimes I've found I have a piece of matching paper, but mostly I don't and have to improvise;) There's a sticky with newbie questions which has photos and is very helpful.

I would like to sign up for one of these swaps, but still VERY confused...maybe I'm reading too much and my brain is tired. :cloud9:

I'm looking at things that other people have done and what if mine aren't that good to send out in the swap since I'm new to this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like journal boxes or those little extras that you add to a page with your pics right? What if some thing is made and you don't have coordinating paper for the background or does that get sent in the swap too?

I tend to find that I can always co-orduinate by finding solid paper to go with something that matches or compliments the colors in a swap item.

As long as you follow the guidelines and do your best that is all that we ask. Each of us were new at one time and we are all working to get better.

Rebecca

We were all new and worried about our stuff at one point. If you are interested, sign up for the MK swap I am hosting. It opens on Jan 1st. Just ask a bunch of questions until you have all of your answers. We won't feel bothered by your questions.

I just booked a spur of the moment trip to WDW, thanks to a good Ding, so I am going to bump up the flocking signups to be the same day as the paper piecing signups...January 5th.

I am leaving on the 8th, and I will have internet access, but it won't be all day, every day, so I want to get the bulk of the signups done while I am still at home.

Just a thought - if we have a card swap (whenever it is) could we have some Christmas groups? Just to help us get ahead;)

Rebecca, I just noticed post 31! Dont ask how I didnt see that.
I would love to learn from you so if you want, Im willing.
Especially since I might be doing the Pet Swap!:scared1:
(by the way, I already have my songs picked out!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter