2008 ASMu Who is going

Thanks for posting all the great pictures. We are hoping to be in Jazz again in 2 weeks. How is the food court construction doing? Thanks for any update on that!

For about half of our stay, the construction prevented us from walking through the main building. You can walk thru the building now, but the closest restroom to the food court is blocked off and you have to use the pool restroom if you're in the food court--not fun in the rain. A part of the food court is under construction, though there are plenty of seats and all of the food stations are open. I have no idea when they will be finished.

For about half of our stay, the construction prevented us from walking through the main building. You can walk thru the building now, but the closest restroom to the food court is blocked off and you have to use the pool restroom if you're in the food court--not fun in the rain. A part of the food court is under construction, though there are plenty of seats and all of the food stations are open. I have no idea when they will be finished.

Thank you for the update! It sounds like they are taking forever to redo the food court but at least it sounds like it may be done soon. Sorry you had to deal with the construction on your visit. Thanks Again!

I am so excited to All-Star Music! Oh! Does the All-Star Music has tv in the lobby so the kids can watch and parents to check-in!

I am so excited to All-Star Music! Oh! Does the All-Star Music has tv in the lobby so the kids can watch and parents to check-in!

Yes, there is a TV in the lobby. When we were there last year they gave all my kids a balloon, stickers, a small coloring book and crayons when we checked in. My older boys also traded pins with CMs while I was checking us in.

Thank you for the update! It sounds like they are taking forever to redo the food court but at least it sounds like it may be done soon. Sorry you had to deal with the construction on your visit. Thanks Again!

It was all blocked off for 1/2 our visit - we just left on the 20th and everything was down. Created quite a bit of chaos at the dining area - only one soda side open - had to walk through the gift shop to get to the buses. It took on average 45 minutes to get food and drinks in the food court - maybe free dining - maybe everyone who didn't understand the dining plan- seriously stood behind people for 20 minutes at the registers.

So - what do you get for free dining? The Country Fair building - third floor three doors from the back of the property - swamp view. We booked back in April and requested a first floor close in for my disabled mother and grandmother. We did get adjoining rooms.

Going back next year though - took the bounceback (which there was no mention of in the room) and booked a family suite. So we will be guarunteed a front building. We didn't even refill the mugs that much because of the walk back and forth.

Well my "vacation" has officially begun as of 2:45 p.m. last Thursday. The kids and I are on cycle break and we leave next Friday, October 3. Now all I need to do is pack.....and wait patiently.

Two of our kids are sick, I'm waiting for the other two to also get sick (it always works that way) so we can all be better for our trip. ;)

Glad to hear the food court is done. :cheer2:

It was all blocked off for 1/2 our visit - we just left on the 20th and everything was down. Created quite a bit of chaos at the dining area - only one soda side open - had to walk through the gift shop to get to the buses. It took on average 45 minutes to get food and drinks in the food court - maybe free dining - maybe everyone who didn't understand the dining plan- seriously stood behind people for 20 minutes at the registers.

So - what do you get for free dining? The Country Fair building - third floor three doors from the back of the property - swamp view. We booked back in April and requested a first floor close in for my disabled mother and grandmother. We did get adjoining rooms.

Going back next year though - took the bounceback (which there was no mention of in the room) and booked a family suite. So we will be guarunteed a front building. We didn't even refill the mugs that much because of the walk back and forth.

Thanks for the update. Sorry you had a problem like that with the room. Did you ask if they had something closer? We were there in May and they were giving us a far location. I did ask if they had anything closer and in a few minutes they did in Jazz. It was also the 3rd floor and facing the back but at least a little closer. Thanks again!

I got back from my quick trip. I had a fun time, but my DP is def not a Disney Person. So we didn't book bounceback, new he wouldn't have any fun there next year. But I did love the trip. I almost booked BB just for me but didn't want to do that.

I hope to have pictures of the resort up soon.

I got back from my quick trip. I had a fun time, but my DP is def not a Disney Person. So we didn't book bounceback, new he wouldn't have any fun there next year. But I did love the trip. I almost booked BB just for me but didn't want to do that.

I hope to have pictures of the resort up soon.

I'm looking forward to your pictures! Which do you like better, Pop or AS Music? I liked AS Music better than Pop.

Perhaps you can alternate trips by going on your own every-other-time and by going with DP every-other-time.

I'm looking forward to your pictures! Which do you like better, Pop or AS Music? I liked AS Music better than Pop.

Perhaps you can alternate trips by going on your own every-other-time and by going with DP every-other-time.

Tricky question! I stayed at the AS Music (on Free Dining) last week and the Pop in January.

I liked the Jazz section much better than the 90's section. I had a suite at the Music, so of course I liked our actual room better there! ;)

The Cafe is much better at the Pop, as is the bus system.

Overall I think I liked the Pop a tiny bit better. I booked the Bounce Back Free Dining for the Pop for October 2009. :cool1: I don't know if I'll make it a full year! I already want to go back and I've only been home for 6 days!:lmao:

I've posted these pictures on a few threads, so forgive me if you've seen them already.

Here are some pics of our suite. There was a lengthy discussion on another thread because the layout of our suite it different from the normal suites offered at the Music (most notably, ours only had one bathroom). It was concluded that our suite was a 'test' suite they built and now they leave it open for free upgrades or something (room 2434 for those of you who want to try for it). Anyway, here are the pics:

When you walk in the front door:
157831Suite_1-med.gif

Sitting area with pull-out sofa behind the bench and table:
157831Suite_2-med.gif

Kitchen:
157831Suite_5.gif

Vanity:
157831Suite_4-med.gif

Bedroom:
157831Suite_3.gif

I took a floorplan of the normal suites and updated it so you can see the layout of our room:
157831Picture1-med.gif

BTW: As of 9/18 all the construction partitions were down. We left that day, so I can't tell you if they were put back up. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter