2008 Drum Corps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as there are nice hash marks on the field, we'll be OK.

Really looking forward to the cine-cast Thursday, especially the race among the top four! Crossing my fingers that I'll be entertained, since I was very disappointed in Foxboro - the last time I attended finals. GOOOO PHANTOM!!!!!!

Really looking forward to the cine-cast Thursday, especially the race among the top four! Crossing my fingers that I'll be entertained, since I was very disappointed in Foxboro - the last time I attended finals. GOOOO PHANTOM!!!!!!

I was too, but I have practice with Mass Brass Thursday... Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for the video to enjoy it on my Bose system...Enjoy it!

Ok all I know DCI where in Allentown PA last night and I wish I could have gone. I am wondering if any of these will be on TV:confused3 and if so do you know what station. My oldest daughter plays the bells for a local Baton and Drum corp and does extremely and I mean extremely:cool1: well at it. I have told her she really needs to watch the DCI one time. Hopefully someone can help me out here.. :goodvibes thanks..

Ok all I know DCI where in Allentown PA last night and I wish I could have gone. I am wondering if any of these will be on TV:confused3 and if so do you know what station. My oldest daughter plays the bells for a local Baton and Drum corp and does extremely and I mean extremely:cool1: well at it. I have told her she really needs to watch the DCI one time. Hopefully someone can help me out here.. :goodvibes thanks..

DCI finals used to be telecast "live" years ago on PBS, then they went to a delayed format. A few years ago ESPN used to carry the show on a delayed basis. Unfortunately, there will be NO telecasts this year.

However, if you go to the DCI.org website, they will have finals DVDs for sale in a few weeks.

pinnie

I disliked the Foxboro venue. Paying $25 per day and walking a country mile was insane. Crown had an amazing show that year.

pinnie

DCI finals used to be telecast "live" years ago on PBS, then they went to a delayed format. A few years ago ESPN used to carry the show on a delayed basis. Unfortunately, there will be NO telecasts this year.

However, if you go to the DCI.org website, they will have finals DVDs for sale in a few weeks.

pinnie

Thanks for the info.. I was hoping not to pay for a video, but hey her birthday is coming up in November maybe I will get her one then. I just think DCI is an amazing event to watch. It was always my dream to join one when I reached 21 and could not twirl anymore, but not many had baton twirlers and I got married to my oldest dad (which did not last long)..But hey now that my two girls are involved in baton and drum corp that is just as awesome and the one I grew up in. Thanks again..

Thanks for the info.. I was hoping not to pay for a video, but hey her birthday is coming up in November maybe I will get her one then. I just think DCI is an amazing event to watch. It was always my dream to join one when I reached 21 and could not twirl anymore, but not many had baton twirlers and I got married to my oldest dad (which did not last long)..But hey now that my two girls are involved in baton and drum corp that is just as awesome and the one I grew up in. Thanks again..

:rotfl: I was a baton twirler before finding drum corps. Youngest fire baton twirler in California at age 5..... gawd that was a long time ago. Who knew twirlers would be incorperated in drum corps?
You didn't mention if you are available Thurs Aug 7th....:confused3 Perhaps you have a theater near you showing DCI qtr finals. That would be a great way to intro your kids to this amazing activity.
or then again...... Friday the 8th, DCI is offering pay per view of semi finals via computer? (we are thinking of doing both this year) and I got told by OrlandoMike "I have to go next year" :rotfl:

just me

:surfweb:

Hey guys, I just got into Bloomington, staying at 1-800- Fleabag! UGH!

But they have a computer and a washing machine!:worship:

Cant wait for tomorrow, and all I can say about Pantom is WOW!

I literally had goosebumps and tears at the same time!

If you can get to a theater just to see this one show it will be worth it!

Most amazing thing I have seen in a long time!

I'll post more as time allows.

Mike

Good to see ya! Sorry to hear about the Fleabag Royal, but at least it has a couple of nice features. ;)

Glad you are having a good time overall. :goodvibes

Chuck checks in Tomorrow, I've already called him.....

His only concern.....

How far is the gay bar? :rotfl2:

I have to totally agree about Phantom. I saw them in Allentown at DCI East and could not believe I was watching a drum corps. They were phenominal. Surprisingly my next fav was Carolina. But phantom, wow, go see them if you can.

Confirmed our tickets for point orlando :goodvibes can't wait to see everyone, only hope its a loud audience.
And yup, next year will be live, can I go to the gar bars with ya Mike? I'll behave I promise :laughing:

I'll be catching the cine-cast here in Revere, MA tonight. Got my ticket Sunday, and can't wait, especially Phantom, Carolina and Blooooooooo.
Anyone else going to Revere Showcase Cinemas??

I guess, according to a few vids I've seen, the Cadets have taken out a lot of the narration and have made a ton of changes over the past couple weeks. I'm not too fond of the drum changes, but the drill and guard work (the latter being extremely difficult) seem to have improved a ton. Now if they can just clean it up for Saturday. :rolleyes:

I wish I could go to the Quarter Finals at one of the theaters tonight, but I have guard rehearsal. :guilty: I'm kinda upset.

I guess, according to a few vids I've seen, the Cadets have taken out a lot of the narration and have made a ton of changes over the past couple weeks. I'm not too fond of the drum changes, but the drill and guard work (the latter being extremely difficult) seem to have improved a ton. Now if they can just clean it up for Saturday. :rolleyes:

I wish I could go to the Quarter Finals at one of the theaters tonight, but I have guard rehearsal. :guilty: I'm kinda upset.

You're in Columbus? Jeesh dude, get in your car on Friday or Saturday! :banana:

I was going to see Big, Loud, Live tonight, but I have a sick DS. Does anyone know if they will show it on tv?
Also, I'm trying to figure out if I can find a vidoe of an old DCI performace, but I have no clue how to go about it, and I thought you guys could help. The hardest part is that I don't know what year it was done, or which core did it. Maybe if I explain it someone can help. My mom kept our band director's kids when I was in high school. The summer before my senior year (1993) we spent hours watching one DCI performance trying to figure out how they made the Phantom disappear. The core did a Phatom of the Opera theme. At the end the Phantom sat in a chair, was covered by a large black cloth by two girls in the colorgaurd. When they lifted the cloth off the Phantom was gone, and only a rose remained. The only things I know for sure is that it had to have been done before 1993 and that it was not a male only core. Any help would be great. Also, I believe in the same season another core did one where a guy dressed as a wizard made a girl from the color gaurd levatate. I would love to be able to get those on tape or DVD to be able to show my son. TIA for any and all help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter