2008 Drum Corps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an evening!

I can only say that watching Phantoms encore performance was an experience of a lifetime!

Not a dry eye in the house as they played Elsa's Procession!

Good Night!

And the world just seemed right at that moment!

CONGRATS PHANTOM!!!!!

Blue Stars...The only thing better would have been to hear they pulled out the buckles and chrome tops for awards.

Madison...welcome back to where you belong. The climb continues.

Wish I could have been there for what had to have been one of the most incredible results announcements EVER!

How do they top this in 2009!?

Blue Stars...The only thing better would have been to hear they pulled out the buckles and chrome tops for awards.

And they did! The American Flag and the side arm both had on vintage Blue Star uniforms! Who thought hot pants would ever look so good in 2008?

Speaking of American Flags.....

Madison.....Blue Knights........Hmmmmm.....forget something at home?:confused3

Ladies and gentlemen........the Finals scores for the 2008 season.........

1. Phantom Regiment...................98.125
2. Blue Devils.............................98.100
3. Cavaliers................................97.325
4. Carolina Crown........................96.800
5. Cadets...................................94.750
6. Bluecoats...............................93.175
7. Santa Clara Vanguard...............93.025
8. Blue Stars..............................90.425
9. Blue Knights...........................88.250
10. Boston Crusaders...................87.275
11. Glassmen.............................87.200
12. Madison Scouts......................85.225

Looking at the recaps I'm amazed Phantom was actually able to pull out on top considering their low marching, color guard and GE scores, but I'm glad they did. This is the only time I recall BD taking the visual caption and not taking the majority of the brass or percussion captions. (Musically BD came in 4th overall, while Phantom and Carolina Crown took the top 2 spots. Wow.) :woohoo:
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
OK...so my kids now think I am totally crazy...I'm reading the posted scores and screaming at the top of my lungs. THAT IS FAN-DANG-TASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow, I can't believe they did it...I mean I think we all agree that they deserved it, but actually pulling it out is amazing! GO PHANTOM!!!
I only wish I could have seen Elsa's...as an oboe player that is 1 of my FAVORITE pieces of music ever. Oooh, I get chills just thinking about Wagner!

I was so happy to see Blue Stars in Finals. When did you march? They won Division 3 the year I marched corps.

I marched 2004, the year after they won:cool1:

I read in the paper that they had a helmet and red plume on the drum major podium. It's good to hear they did the vintage retreat thing. They did that last year at the home show.

Wow, I didn't follow it at all this year, moving and house selling and all got in the way. Pleased to see Cadets down where they were. Last years show pissed me off. Shut up and march.

I really would love to see the Encore, we played Elsa's Procession in High School band. A beautiful piece of music. Utube? Bueller? Anyone?

Thank you thank you thank you.

What happened to the Crudsaders and Nashua Spartans? Crusaders took 1st last year in their division and Spartans seemed to have a good show too.

Maybe the stadium will be done for next year, gas will be cheaper and I will be able to see more of it.

Still gives me chills in my old age.

Crusaders were good, just an off year, and a pretty boring show.

Spartans....Now there is some drama!

This is what I have been told.

The director kind of lost it, threw a major fit, and the entire staff left and went to the Citations. Citations ended up comming in 6th in Open Class.

We just rolled in a few hours ago from Indy and I still don't have my voice back after all the screaming and yelling from last night!!

I had excellent seats (thanks to a friend who is a "friend of DCI) right on the 48 yard line in row 56. Next to us all 3 nights was a mom and dad of one of the "Slaves" in the guard of Phantom. If you heard "GO LAUREN" at the encore performance, that was us!!!

We stayed at the Embassy Suites downtown and it was a very good experience. We enjoyed a good meals (weber's was excellent) and enjoyed the downtown area. We attended the Friends of DCI breakfast on Saturday and not only got treated to the TROOPERS! WAAAAY cool, but we also got a FREE MUG!.

Our group also attended I & E on Wednesday and got to meet and chat with the DMs of SCV at Starbucks! My 15 yr old niece was so excited to have them speak to her. What a cool experience for her!

It was the BEST finals I have attended (been going every year since 2000, so I am a newbie). Phantom is totally amazing and I gave kuddos and congrats to a member this morning at breakfast.

I am so thrilled with the outcome and I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Now DCI withdrawal sets in............................

pinnie

Everyone I've talked to has said it was the best finals in years!

Now if we can just get Cadets on board! :lmao:

We all need to meet next year.....at the Disney booth!

OMG, Drama in Drum Corps? Say it isn't so!!!!

Ohhh, a Disney Both and meet up, sounds like a plan. My big vacvation will be in september to november time frame, so August in Indy sounds very doable.

Pinny, your week sounded totally awesome.

Everyone I've talked to has said it was the best finals in years!

Now if we can just get Cadets on board! :lmao:

We all need to meet next year.....at the Disney booth!

A meet at the Disney booth works for me!!!! We are already planning on heading down to Indy on either Monday or Tuesday and will stay until Sunday, taking in all 3 nights. Other tentative plans include Murfreesboro, Toledo, and maybe either San Antonio or Denver. (Being a teacher with the summer "off" really is ideal for my DCI addiction).

The only thing I could reltate to in The Cadets show this year was Sarah Jones' reference to a granddaughter. I am going to be a grandmom sometime in September to a little girl. But trust me, I am NOT SARAH!

pinnie

Sara only became a Grandmother when the "cancer" thing became a downer for the crowd. I cant imagine as a 19 year old marching with the Cadets, how do I relate to a grown woman who is about to become a Grandmother?

If they wanted to narrate a show, it should have been about a kid who auditioned for the Cadets, and how the summer went.

Then again, perhaps they could have just marched and played! :rolleyes1

Lets see, the winning corps told the story of Sparticus, multiple murders, a love interest, and NO AMPLIFIED VOICE! The only spoken word was "I am Sparticus". And it worked for everyone!

We are already planning on heading down to Indy on either Monday or Tuesday and will stay until Sunday
pinnie

I squeezed in two days at Cedar Point, adding the Toledo show, and had a blast! If you like amusement parks, it's something to think about!

Sara only became a Grandmother when the "cancer" thing became a downer for the crowd. I cant imagine as a 19 year old marching with the Cadets, how do I relate to a grown woman who is about to become a Grandmother?

If they wanted to narrate a show, it should have been about a kid who auditioned for the Cadets, and how the summer went.

Then again, perhaps they could have just marched and played! :rolleyes1

Lets see, the winning corps told the story of Sparticus, multiple murders, a love interest, and NO AMPLIFIED VOICE! The only spoken word was "I am Sparticus". And it worked for everyone!

I was at the first Toledo show when they introduced the "cancer" thing and hated it! Also, was it in Orlando that they had the little granddaughter run out at the end of the show. I remember seeing it somewhere! Did you notice there was no mention of the baby's daddy? When Sarah looked into the baby's eyes, she saw herself, her husband (Glad they are now back together...talk about a soap opera!) and her daughter...there was no mention of the daddy. Was it an immaculate conception?

If they wanted to narrate a show, it should have been about a kid who auditioned for the Cadets, and how the summer went

Wasn't that their show LAST year?:lmao:

pinnie

If they wanted to narrate a show, it should have been about a kid who auditioned for the Cadets, and how the summer went

Wasn't that their show LAST year?:lmao:

pinnie

That's exactly what I was thinking too.

Maybe the grandmother aspect of the show was symbolism hinting at Hoppy's career with the corps. :confused3

Sorry.....that was a little mean. :lmao:

I think the Cadets should make fun of themselves. Their next show...

This I believe...shut up and play

and they do exactly that but make fun of themselves in the name. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter