2009 Discussion-We'll make time fly by!

DisneyWonders

Mouseketeer
Hi!

I thought, I should make this to make time go by a bit faster for those who are going in 2009. After this trip, we must wait until '09 before we can go again. So let's have fun, and start planning!

We're going next year, but we're also looking to go the 2nd week of December in 2009. :) My parents will be retired by then and they can't wait to come experience Disney at Christmas with us for the first time. Since they both teach we've always been forced to take summer Disney trips, so this is going to be an awesome experience for them. :)

My mom says I am nuts, but we are already planning for January 2009!
I read somewhere that I could book room only, 500 days out, and then upgrade to a package next summer when the 2009 rates come out. Is this right?:confused3

Yep, I think the quickest I can manage to get there is 2009 and probably Dec at that. I have to much going on and need to focus on finishing college as quick as possible. My chidren are being more understanding about it than I am though! :)

We leave in a few days and then won't be able to go back until probably late August 2009, possibly September. I'm glad I'm not the only one already thinking about it!

How far in advance can we book rooms? And, once rooms are booked can we call back and get price reductions if discount codes come out or something? If they announce free dining can we call and add it if the rooms are already booked?

Our family of six is planning our first Disney vacation in July 2009. I have only been to Disney World once, Grad Night 1988 and my dh has been several times. Our children have never been to WDW. They are currently, ds 7, ds 3, ds 3, and dd almost 2. My daughter's birthday is in July, so we will celebrate her 4th birthday in WDW! I'm rationalizing that combining a birthday with vacation is saving us money.rolleyes:

We are currently planning to stay in the Ft. Wilderness cabins. DH has always wanted to stay there and it looks like it would give us the most room. I am concerned about having only one bathroom, but no option (that we can afford) is perfect. At least all the kids are still small enough that no one will spend a long time getting ready. But taking 6 baths/showers every night one at a time will not be quick.

I'm so excited!

Rae

Another 2009 person here!!! I am sad about the long wait, since this time last year we were getting ready to go to disney world (july 2006 was out last trip). We have other things planned between now and our next trip though. I can't decide when we will go in 2009 though. I am thinking May. I will enjoy deciding where to stay, finding different ways to save the money, and reading up on these boards. Have fun planning everyone!!!

I am leaving for WDW in 46 days but since that trip is already all planned out, I can't help but start planning my next trip.
I don't know if I am going to survive waiting until Jan 09 to go again.

YAY! I am so glad I found this thread!!! :cool1: We are going in July '09. Our DDs will be 7 and 4. We may be staying at the Poly, although I'm still looking. I am so excited to be going. Since it's so far away, I'm taking my time, saving all the loose change I can find, and socking away the kids birthday money.

I'll spend some time tonight looking into where to stay.

I am already planning the details! We were last in WDW in May of 2006 and since DH thinks WDW is an every three year vacation we will not return until 2009.

I am a teacher so we have to go during the summer once all the kids camps are finished, which means August. I mentioned possible dates to DH over the weekend and he said that I have to schedule around pre-season NFL games (we are season ticket holders) and he can't miss any game, even ones that don't count!

Our sons will be 14. 12 and 10 by then. Maybe they will finally be into the princesses? But not for autographs, :love: Their dad's favorites are Pocohontas and Ariel :rotfl:

Hey as a mom of three boys I have never been able to have a meal with the princesses, so I have to seize my chance when I get it, even if it is not the standard reason behind a visit with the princesses!;)

I know I should be grateful but I am so selfish when it comes to Disney. I just want to go!!!! We just got back last month from May 3-10 at POP. Great trip. We have been going every 4 years. I told my husband, that has to change. My kids are 10 and 14. That would put my daughter at 18. Nope. So we are going in two years instead.

We should stay at POP. It was so reasonable, and it was clean and fun. But I like to try different places so I am not sure where we will stay this next time. We have done Deluxe and Value, maybe a moderate... Decisions. The only thing good about the waiting for a trip is the planning and all the time we spend on the DISboards!!

Pixie Dust to all who are planning !!!! :flower3:

Going on our first trip ever to Disney in August 2009. It'll be a big family experience. 11 people in all. Me, My dh, our 2 children (4 and 2 at time of trip). My Mom and Dad, My sister, her partner and their 3 kids (17, 8, 7 at time of trip). No one of us has ever been so my dad and I are really working hard to plan a great trip. We'll probably go back (hopefully every year or so), but this will probably be my mom and dad's only trip.

Can I join in even though I am a 2010 person? Need some friends who are in my same boat. I will be thrilled when it is 2009 because then I know I can say next year I will be at Disney and also I can book our trip in 2009.

Mrs Grumpy -

You are very brave to have a ticker for 2010! :scared1: That might be the farthest away one I have seen.

I guess I could have a count down until the date when I can book, that wouldn't be too scary.

How many times do you think we all will change our "plans" between now and the actual vacation? :laughing:

DH tells me I either need to quit planning already or at least stop talking about it!

We picked our dates for our next trip on the plane on the way home from WDW last September. I don't plan on changing them but you never know I guess.

We are are also planning our trip for 2009, sometime around September or Oct, this is to celebrate our 30 years together.

I know this is a topic for mostly WDW, but my hubby is a huge Harry Potter fan and so we are trying to plan our vacation around the Universal Studio's HP atttraction opening.

This will be our third trip.

First one was in Sept 2004 at Port Orleans Riverside for our 25 Anniversary
Second one was Nov/Dec 2006 - Thanksgiving and the week after - loved all the holiday decorations. (Same resort)

I would like to stay somewhere this time, but don't know for sure.

More later

Sassypatty

:cheer2:

I just used a on-line calculator to figure out what day I could book a room...

March 16 2008

:bored:

We were at CBR 6/11-6/18 and I can't wait to go back. We won't be able to go until June, July or August 2009 since we have other things planned for 2008. I don't want to wait any longer since DD will be 14 and DS will be 11 when we go again. Happy planning:rotfl: :rotfl:

Dina

Well, we are going for Mardi Gras 2008 with some friends. My mom wants to be able to go with all of the grandkids at once without the heat and crowds of the summer Lucky for us, Louisian has that great February holiday - Mardi Gras.

I don't mind going again so soon. I LOVE going there. I also have a friend that asked today if I could swing a summer 2009 trip as well. My answer...we'll seeeeeee!

End of June 2009 for our next adventure.
Not sure where we will stay or if for 7 or 10 days.
Still in the planning stages.

We have been to WDW in
2002 @ Dolphin East Wing EPCOT fireworks view
2003 @ CR Tower MK fireworks view
2006 @ WL Pool / Lake view
2007 @ Dolphin West Wing pool and STUDIO's view
2009 @ :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter