2009 Spring/Spring Advantage Official "Accepted" Thread!

I just found out today that I was accepted for Spring Advantage in vacation planning! The letter came about a week and a half after my phone interview. Vacation planning was my first choice, but hopefully I will have the chance during Spring Advantage to experience additional roles! :)

Congrats!

I got accepted, Merchandise :) Spring 09, arriving on Jan 12. Even tho it is not related to my Information Systems major I am pretty excited.

I was wondering, I never got asked in what park I would like to work. Is there any way that I can e-mail them requesting the park I would like to work in? Or that wont make a difference whatsoever? I would love to work in Magic Knigdom or Epcot Center. I would hate to work in Animal Kingdom or in a resort :X.

Thank you :).

I got accepted, Merchandise :) Spring 09, arriving on Jan 12. Even tho it is not related to my Information Systems major I am pretty excited.

I was wondering, I never got asked in what park I would like to work. Is there any way that I can e-mail them requesting the park I would like to work in? Or that wont make a difference whatsoever? I would love to work in Magic Knigdom or Epcot Center. I would hate to work in Animal Kingdom or in a resort :X.

Think back to your interview. . . did they ask you what your favorite park was? if they did, your likely answer is your likely work location!

You can try emailing your recruiter, asking to work somewhere. Of course, there are no guarantees. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Merchandise is a fun role (I did it in 2005). I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I just found out today that I was accepted for Spring Advantage in vacation planning! The letter came about a week and a half after my phone interview. Vacation planning was my first choice, but hopefully I will have the chance during Spring Advantage to experience additional roles! :)

vacation planner means you're in the booths at the TTC or the front of the park selling tickets to people, so you'll be trained in cash handling which means you should be eligible to pickup merchandise hours on the extra hours hotline

vacation planner means you're in the booths at the TTC or the front of the park selling tickets to people, so you'll be trained in cash handling which means you should be eligible to pickup merchandise hours on the extra hours hotline

Thanks for the information - I'm glad to hear that I can potentially do both if I pick up extra hours :)

There are plenty of roles that can be picked up on the Extra Hours Hotline that you'll find out about when you learn about the HUB.

so what kind of roles don't have special training that people can randomly pick up shifts for?

so what kind of roles don't have special training that people can randomly pick up shifts for?

parade control is one of them. . .there are other random ones. . .

How would that be possible with all the different costumes and training?

well, if special training isn't required, you can just pick them up via the hub, as far as costumes go, there is a HUGE building where you get costumes from and you just go pick up the right costume from costuming

Full Service Food and Bev! Spring!

Does anyone know what a normal schedule would be like because some restaurants are only breakfast and dinner.

:dance3:WOOOO!!!! FUHH-INALLY! merchandise for me! i was hoping for full service food and beverage, but merchandise was tied for second with attractions for me!! soo excited that when i saw my envelope i ran around outside with my dog before even checking which role i got! :dancer:

well, if special training isn't required, you can just pick them up via the hub, as far as costumes go, there is a HUGE building where you get costumes from and you just go pick up the right costume from costuming

As long as we don't have to pay to rent out the costumes then I would love to do that!

Does anyone know what a normal schedule would be like because some restaurants are only breakfast and dinner.

Wahoo! Congrats :banana: I would like to know more about this role too because i've got it as well :woohoo:

:dance3:WOOOO!!!! FUHH-INALLY! merchandise for me! i was hoping for full service food and beverage, but merchandise was tied for second with attractions for me!! soo excited that when i saw my envelope i ran around outside with my dog before even checking which role i got! :dancer:

Congrats! :cheer2:

It all depends on which restaurant you get placed into. When I worked at Spoodles as part of my last program, I sometimes worked the breakfast and sometimes dinner.

Oh there's lots. And you can also pick up shifts in different parks in the same role, if they don't need training (for example- if you work attractions at MK, picking up an attractions shift at DHS).

How would that be possible with all the different costumes and training?

You just go to the costuming for that area. For the parks, costuming is easy to get to. You just need to be sure to get there during their hours.

parade control is one of them. . .there are other random ones. . .

Not anymore, unfortunately. PAC now requires training. :sad:

Congrats! I'm sure hours vary by which restaurant you work at (as some are only B/D and some serve all 3).

Congrats!

As long as we don't have to pay to rent out the costumes then I would love to do that!

Nope, you don't need to pay for the costumes (only if you damage them).

I got accepted for Main Entrence Operations for Spring Advantage!! I arrive on Jan 21!

I was a Vacation Planner on my CP, and I can let you know that Vacation Planners are NOT trained for the Merchandise cash register system (MATRA) - our system is completely different. Because of this, we aren't able to pick up Merch shifts or food shifts that involve using the computer system.

Send me a message if you have any questions about Vacation Planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter