2009 Spring/Spring Advantage Official "Accepted" Thread!

I haven't applied yet. I don't think applications for Fall 2009 Program are being accepted yet. I am going to apply the day they come out though. haha For WDW too. :)

oh gotcha, well then.

reasons for being rejected include not passing the "interview test" for DLR, not checking off enough roles on the role checklist(both), no positions available for what you did check, how you respond in your interview questions i guess. or if you apply to late in the season, there may not be positions available.

also, i'm not sure if you can apply for both programs, as of now at least, you have to chose.

Hey Everyone!!!
I'm new here so Hey!! haha
I'm not planning on going to the spring 09 DCP but the Fall one. I know this is probably not the right place but does anyone know of any reasons for being rejected from the program. I'm nervous because I want to go so bad haha.

Well congrats to everyone going in January!!

There are a few reasons- the roles picked were filled already, something in the background. But you should be fine.:)

Maybe I'll see you down there- I'm going to be applying for Fall 09 myself.

Hey guys! I was accepted as Bell Service Dispatch for Spring and I arrive Jan 5. Can't wait to see everyone there.

I'm in!!!!!! After over 9 weeks of waiting....I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED!!!!! YAY!!!! I'm in the Spring Advantage working Attractions...my first choice!!!!

Woo-hoo I finally heard back from Disney about switching my date. I was supposed to be there January 12 but something came up and they were able to move me to the February 2 date!!

Heyy everyone! I was accepted as a Vacation Planner for Spring 09 at DLR. . I arrive Jan 5 ! It seems like everyone is going to WDW !!

I got in too!!!!
:cool1: :yay: :banana: :yay: :cool1:

It took a loonnngg time for Disney to contact me too. Fedex lost my paperwork so I had to refax it in... but that was three to four weeks after I had sent it in...so I had to start the waiting all over :sad2:

BUT after all that I got in... I am sooo excited!!

I got accepted, Merchandise :) Spring 09, arriving on Jan 12. Even tho it is not related to my Information Systems major I am pretty excited.

I was wondering, I never got asked in what park I would like to work. Is there any way that I can e-mail them requesting the park I would like to work in? Or that wont make a difference whatsoever? I would love to work in Magic Knigdom or Epcot Center. I would hate to work in Animal Kingdom or in a resort :X.

Thank you :).

The good thing about Merchandise is that since Disney has so many stores, you may be able to basically work everywhere using the Extra Hours hotline.

When I did my CP last year I was assigned to a Resort (the All Stars). Even though I wanted to work at the parks at first, after working in all four parks and multiple resorts (by extra-hours or deployment) I learned that getting assigned to a resort wasn't that bad after all.

Both have their pros and cons, so it just depends on the place you get assigned. I believe you can email your recruiter about it, but most of the time they won't tell you until you get there. Indicating a preference could help you though.

Good luck!

PD: Merchandise @ Animal Kingdom ---> :sad2:

Aw I requested AK! Is that a bad thing :(

Not a bad thing at all! As I said, all places have their good things as well as their not so good things. If you get assigned to DAK, as Joanna said, you'll get the best schedules compared to other CPs (like having to work at Magic Kingdom until 3am vs having to work at DAK til 8pm).

I'm just saying that after working merch at all other parks, for various reasons I preferred MK, studios or Epcot over DAK.

That doesn't mean you won't like it there. I met a lot of people that were pretty happy working there! If you love the park, I'm sure you'll be able to easily play the part.

When I did my CP last year I was assigned to a Resort (the All Stars). Even though I wanted to work at the parks at first, after working in all four parks and multiple resorts (by extra-hours or deployment) I learned that getting assigned to a resort wasn't that bad after all.

When I did my first program, I was assigned to QSR at the BoardWalk and it was an enjoyable experience. The one good thing about working resorts is that you develop a close-knit family with your fellow CM's both CP's and FT. Though resort hours can be crazy too just like the parks.

haven't seen this mentioned previously, but i may have missed it. in the housing/dorms chatham or vista, how many levels are there?
is it 4 or 5 flights of stairs to move in stuff?
do either have elevators? if so, are they first come, first served or are times assigned to use the elevators. i am nervous about getting stuck with my stuff waiting in the parking lot on a line to get an elevator for a couple hours, (or more!) plus, my dad is going to help me move in and he can't do stairs.

haven't seen this mentioned previously, but i may have missed it. in the housing/dorms chatham or vista, how many levels are there?
do either have elevators? if so, are they first come, first served or are times assigned to use the elevators. i am nervous about getting stuck with my stuff waiting in the parking lot on a line to get an elevator for a couple hours, (or more!) plus, my dad is going to help me move in and he can't do stairs.

There are 3 levels in the buildings. And no elevators, unfortunately.

maybe you can get there super early and request a first level?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter