2010 Census

Where it asks you for race, pick other and write American or Human.:banana:

I was all for writing in American, my DH wanted to write in Vulcan. But since DH is in the military and I don't want a visit to the house we didn't. Once he he retires though, they better watch out!! :lmao:

During the last census I never did fill out a form. Never got a call or anyone showing up at our home either. Guess they got the info. from somewhere else.

If you pay taxes they already have the information that is important anyhow. I am debating if I am sending it in or not. I do not like some of the personal information they are asking for.

If the purpose truely is to get a head count for dividing of money etc. Than all they need is a number not all that other information. Which they already have anyway.

I wrote American on the side of each. I just resent the phone number. If they call me I will tell them I am on the do not call list!:headache:

I filled mine out and sent it back in. There wasn't anything on there that they don't already know anyway! :)

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

:scared1:

We haven't read ours yet. We won't be home till close to May.

I will give them the barest of info. What are they gonna do. Throw me in the slammer.

The States are releasing bad guys from prison, due to budget deficits. Sad day when you get locked up for using or not using a pencil, when felons are being released left and right. I mean real, real BAD GUYS.
john

:scared1:

We haven't read ours yet. We won't be home till close to May.

I will give them the barest of info. What are they gonna do. Throw me in the slammer.

The States are releasing bad guys from prison, due to budget deficits. Sad day when you get locked up for using or not using a pencil, when felons are being released left and right. I mean real, real BAD GUYS.
john

The barest of info is all that's being asked. Name, age, birthdate, race & phone number. It took me all of 3 minutes to complete.

Now....if you have a land-line & it's unlisted - DO NOT PROVIDE IT!!! I would NOT give a cell # at all.

When I did a family tree on Ancestry.com, it was fun to see the actual page recording info from the census on grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. Since almost all of my father's family hailed from the great state of Maine, and Maine has terrific records available online - I was able to see census records dating back to the 1600's and then view some census records from England dating back to the 1400's. Very neat!

:scared1

I just realized that a few days ago I was talking with a Border Patrol Agent at the RV resort we were staying at. He was a sharp individual and we had a great conversation about fishing. He had nothing to do with the following.

I half noticed 4 Census takers were in the park. They (2) came up to me asking me (I assume) questions. To be perfectly honest, I could not understand what they were asking (real broken English). One person appeared upset with me.

I am sure they had the best intentions, but there was tension. I said "Me Galic, no understanding you Mon" and I proceeded to walk away.

I never gave it a thought till a couple of minutes ago.
john

:scared1

I just realized that a few days ago I was talking with a Border Patrol Agent at the RV resort we were staying at. He was a sharp individual and we had a great conversation about fishing. He had nothing to do with the following.

I half noticed 4 Census takers were in the park. They (2) came up to me asking me (I assume) questions. To be perfectly honest, I could not understand what they were asking (real broken English). One person appeared upset with me.

I am sure they had the best intentions, but there was tension. I said "Me Galic, no understanding you Mon" and I proceeded to walk away.

I never gave it a thought till a couple of minutes ago.
john

That's just weird, John.

I'm pretty sure they had everything BUT the best of intentions, John. i don't believe information is being gathered this way - from what I have heard it is strictly by the form. In some cases they are hand delivering the forms, but the actual information is written on the form and mailed in, not answered verbally to individuals.

:cutie:

The comments I made about the Census takers are accurate to my what I remember. Things did happen quickly

They definetly had vests on, similar to what highway workers wear for safety, that said Census with papers and clipboards in their hands. Part of their job, I assume is to visit RV Parks, where some RVr's live 100 % in their beautiful Class As'. That is their home. Again, I do not know the law about the Census and full time Rvrs.

I am kinda laid back and being a girls' high school basketball coach, my demeanor has to be above and beyond reproach. I am far from a Wise A$$.

One of the few words I could pickup was 'live' and the person who started losing it kept pointing toward the park and talking very fast. At that point I walked away.

Maybe the cooperation they receive is not 1st class, but I could not understand them and I really did nothing wrong.
john

On the other hand, they could be gathering information like home addresses for people who are on vacation ie. not at home right now. I would never answer personal questions like this, especially from someone who speaks english as a second language.

when i did a family tree on ancestry.com, it was fun to see the actual page recording info from the census on grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. Since almost all of my father's family hailed from the great state of maine, and maine has terrific records available online - i was able to see census records dating back to the 1600's and then view some census records from england dating back to the 1400's. Very neat!

cool!

, especially from someone who speaks english as a second language.

English is a third language for me.

Not to change the subject (well OK I am changing it) what do you know about Tricare dental insurance? Is it worth it? Any good? I am retiring soon and I will probably get it.

English is a third language for me.

Not to change the subject (well OK I am changing it) what do you know about Tricare dental insurance? Is it worth it? Any good? I am retiring soon and I will probably get it.

I participate with it. It looks like fairly good coverage for the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter