2011 Horror Nights

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a RIP ticket? And we went to Great America's Fright Night last year and thought the haunted houses were kind of lame.Surely Universal is scarier- right?

rip is a tour.
you reserve your place and pay for it in advance.
you also have to have a HHN ticket to enter the park in order to take the tour.

i live near GA.
i haven't been back in a couple of years for their fright fest.
nothing really changes each year with their halloween event.

fright fest is not even compariable to HHN.

many many years back the stay and scream ticket came out.

guests in the park during the daytime wanted to stay on for the hhn event for that evening.

the add on tickets were the 'stay and scream' tickets for hhn.

it allowed the day guests to be able to continue with the fun of hhn for the evening by buying the tickets while still in the park.

you can also buy the tickets in advance but i don't know what went wrong with the call you had with the TM.

anyone can call up and say they have the day ticket and want to buy the discounted S & S hhn ticket.
if you bought from universal, that could be proven by a search in gs.

because you bought your ticket from an outside source, you would need to show the day ticket in order to buy the discounted hhn ticket.

Thank you for your help. Our plan is to do 2 days at Universal Oct 19 (wed) and Oct 20 (thurs). Wednesday, we'll get to the park at opening and do WWOHP and IOA. Thursday, we'll get to the park around 2:00 or 3:00 and do US and HHN's. I'd like to add on the Scream and Stay ticket, for Thursday's HHN's, on Wednesday. My only concern is that HHN's might be sold out by then. We also plan on purchasing HHN Express passes, but I can do that ahead of time. I just don't want to get stuck with the express passes, then not be able to purchase the actual HHN ticket because they have filled to capacity. Do you think I have anything to worry about?

Thank you for your help. Our plan is to do 2 days at Universal Oct 19 (wed) and Oct 20 (thurs). Wednesday, we'll get to the park at opening and do WWOHP and IOA. Thursday, we'll get to the park around 2:00 or 3:00 and do US and HHN's. I'd like to add on the Scream and Stay ticket, for Thursday's HHN's, on Wednesday. My only concern is that HHN's might be sold out by then. We also plan on purchasing HHN Express passes, but I can do that ahead of time. I just don't want to get stuck with the express passes, then not be able to purchase the actual HHN ticket because they have filled to capacity. Do you think I have anything to worry about?

Someone else can probably speak on the sell out danger for the night you want to go...

but I will say based off what I've seen mentioned here, If you are wanting to do US and HHN, I'd want to plan on getting there before 2 or 3. Since the park closes at 5pm and you'll want to be in the Stay and Scream holding pen before then, You won't have much time to experience much of the "regular" US. Since only a limited number of rides are open during HHN, you probably won't have enough time to do everything you may want to do in only the 2-3hrs of park time before they close up to reset everything for HHN.

As long as you already have your theme park tickets, you can purchase the HHN tickets at the S & S upgrade rate. They do not have to purchased and used the same day. So that's an option if you are worried about HHN selling out which it shouldn't. You probably won't get more than three rides done at that time of day but there are a few rides open during HHN.

Just got our tickets for Sat the 24th of Sept:cool1: along with Us/IOA. My DS can not wait!!,now for his DGF?? I dont know:scared1:

There's a very good rumor going around that the scarezone from last year, Saws and Steam, is getting a house this year. Its rumored to be the "extraction" facility where they drain people for their blood/water. Sounds kinda cool, IMO

Any rates out for the RIP tour for AP holders? Trying to pick my dates! Thanks. :)

Any rates out for the RIP tour for AP holders? Trying to pick my dates! Thanks. :)

Do we even know if they'll have RIP tours this year? I don't see anything about it on their web site, but maybe it's always a later announcement?

Do we even know if they'll have RIP tours this year? I don't see anything about it on their web site, but maybe it's always a later announcement?
The rates usually come out later than the others...probably late August.

When the info is available, it will be listed on the ticket hhn site.

the uht info should also be released at the same time.

i would look for it sometime this month.

it's hhn........of course they will have the tour...:thumbsup2

When the info is available, it will be listed on the ticket hhn site.

the uht info should also be released at the same time.

i would look for it sometime this month.

it's hhn........of course they will have the tour...:thumbsup2

I am not going to be in the front of the group this time! :snooty:

Unless you make me :rolleyes1

The rates usually come out later than the others...probably late August.

Good to know. Thank you Metro and macraven. This will be our first HHN, and we're looking forward to it! Well, I should say my DH is looking forward to it, as it sounds way too intense for me. :scared1: I think a group tour should be a good option for him to see everything and not have to tour alone.

I am not going to be in the front of the group this time! :snooty:

Unless you make me :rolleyes1

Being the "lead spot" in a group isn't bad. Well, not all the time. Sometimes the "lead" will trigger a scare and everyone behind them will get it and you'll be laughing at them!

That is until another scareactor gets you unexpectedly. :upsidedow

Universal has released info a new very limited tour, plus has given information about this year's Unmasking the Horror tours, plus all info about RIP tours.

I used to go every year with someone who we'll call "closetfreak". Now closetfreak was a scareactor at Howl O Scream. When it came to going with her, you made sure she was in front of you. I found out that having her behind you was dangerous, and in some cases made you break the law.

Three of us went into Pyschoscarepy-Home for the Holidays in 2007. I was in the lead and there was a guy in a bear rug peeking out. I pointed to closetfreak. Now her boyfriend was slowing her down because he was a haunt freak and liked looking at everything. If anyone remembers that scene, it was a living room. You went past the bear rug on the wall, and around a recliner. I was around the recliner waiting in line. The bear rug guy got her, she ran dragging boyfriend with her. She hit the recliner, tripped a few feet and because she had boyfriend...fell with him on top of her. In the process she reached out a hand and the only thing it grabbed was my shorts.
Of course you know where this is going. The little girl on the couch holding the head was swaying back and forth repeating "muststayincharacter muststayincharacter" trying hard not to laugh at the fact that I'm now in front of her standing bareassed.
Know your followers people :thumbsup2

i booked the rip tour and the uth today.

woo hoo.........

it came on the hhn site around 4ish i think.

Great!

Will book my Rush of Fear and UTH tickets by tomorrow Wednesday (latest)!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

Ugh, I have to wait till my first September check to get my ROF! Oh well, i'm sure they won't sell out.

when i booked today for the tour, i asked about those passes and the express.

i was told not to worry as they do not sell out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter