2013 Hilton Head lovers thread

That kitchenette seems bigger than in other studios. Am I crazy?

You know, now that you mention it, I THINK the counter space in the HHI studio kitchenettes is slightly larger. The kitchenettes there are positioned a little differently than at WDW (at least in the ones I've been in. The kitchenette area is perpendicular to the bed, instead of parallel to it. along the wall as you enter the studio (probably not the best description, but I just don't know how else to describe it). The one advantage is that as you enter the studio from the outside, the kitchenette counter is right there is you want to lay any packages down.

I've only been in the animal kingdom studio and now here.. But yes this kitchenette is defi a little bigger than the animal kingdom one . I just got here yesterday and only staying to Saturday and I wish I was staying longer! It's soo nice here!! The pictures really don't do this place justice

are you able to park at the beach house for free if we decide to take our own transportation instead of the shuttle?

What are rainy day options at HHI? We are going this weekend and it is supposed to rain the whole time.....should we even go?

Looks GREAT!:banana:

For those at HHI, ENJOY!

Happy Easter to those who celebrate! Great place to spend the holiday!

Hoping to get there in 2015!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

What are rainy day options at HHI? We are going this weekend and it is supposed to rain the whole time.....should we even go?

Umm, I remember one February, it rained all week, and was windy and cold besides. One morning I yelled at DH because he was just sitting watching ESPN-"But we're at Hilton Head, we really should DO something!" His reply? "I'm on vacation-that means I get to do what I want instead of working. I'm doing it!" End of argument. I also remember the Captain of the Dolphin Watch telling me that he's gone out in the rain when parents call and beg him to PLEASE go out-even if they don't see anything. If a dolphin watch in the rain doesn't sound fun, there are board games you can get at the front desk, as well as a checkers table and billiards table in Big Murgie's Den. And almost all the indoor resort activities still go on.

We plan on renting bikes for the week. Do the ones that you rent from the resort come with a bike lock or do we need to bring our own?

Umm, I remember one February, it rained all week, and was windy and cold besides. One morning I yelled at DH because he was just sitting watching ESPN-"But we're at Hilton Head, we really should DO something!" His reply? "I'm on vacation-that means I get to do what I want instead of working. I'm doing it!" End of argument. I also remember the Captain of the Dolphin Watch telling me that he's gone out in the rain when parents call and beg him to PLEASE go out-even if they don't see anything. If a dolphin watch in the rain doesn't sound fun, there are board games you can get at the front desk, as well as a checkers table and billiards table in Big Murgie's Den. And almost all the indoor resort activities still go on.

Yes. If you (OP) haven't been there before, the resort activities are fairly extensive and many are indoors--crafts, bingo, storytelling etc. They do movies some evenings outdoors--I think they move those inside if it rains. There is also a movie theater on the island (last I checked) and you can rent Disney movies in the gift shop. I think you can still have a great time even if rained out, although sunny days would obviously be better!

What are rainy day options at HHI? We are going this weekend and it is supposed to rain the whole time.....should we even go?[/QUOTE.

We are also coming in this weekend and while it doesn't look great, we also know the weather can change easily. Once we were headed down and the forecast predicted a week of rain when in reality it only occurred on three of our week long stay and just parts of the day got rained on.

In addition to the resort activities that will still be running there is outlet shopping and boutique shopping, movie theater, and children's museum.

Crossing fingers the sun does come out!!!

I'm here this week. It rained Tuesday. We went to the outlets, then went out for a late lunch.
Then just kind of hung around, rented a movie from Redbox(outside Krogers-all the way to the right, kind of hidden in a nook-you won't see it unless you come in that way).
They also have movies to borrow at the store here.

Today it's supposed to rain again. We're going to the movies.

I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but I found out today that a Whole Foods market is being built in Shelter Cove Town Center (a short bike ride away from the resort). It will be in the same center as the Kroger where the mall used to me.

It opens sometime in July. I am really looking forward to this as the food options there will be a nice addition to the area.

I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but I found out today that a Whole Foods market is being built in Shelter Cove Town Center (a short bike ride away from the resort). It will be in the same center as the Kroger where the mall used to me. It opens sometime in July. I am really looking forward to this as the food options there will be a nice addition to the area.
The Kroger is where the mall was, and Belk's still is.
The Whole Foods will be in the strip mall where Giuseppe's is.

Here is a map of the Shelter Cove Town Centre showing the Kroger, Whole Foods and some other places. The Disney Resort is to the left of the map. http://www.sheltercovetownecentre.com/asp/index.asp
Yes, that's it.
Giuseppe's is next to TJ Maxx on one end and Whole Foods will be going in the end of that little strip mall where Piggly Wiggly was.
Right now it's all open, just a bunch of steel beam framework, do you know when it will open?

Yes, that's it. Giuseppe's is next to TJ Maxx on one end and Whole Foods will be going in the end of that little strip mall where Piggly Wiggly was. Right now it's all open, just a bunch of steel beam framework, do you know when it will open?

End of July

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter