• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2013 Hilton Head lovers thread

Thanks for your TR!:thumbsup2

Sounds like you had such a nice vaca!:)

"Thinking" about HHI for 3 week May next year! We'll see...:cool1:

MinnieGi, that ws very interesting, thanks. I had to laugh to myself at the thought of it seeming "eerey" with so few people, relative to what you're used to seeing! Trail ride at Lawton's, that sounds like fun. And if DH doesn't want to do it, maybe I could schedule it some day while he's golfing.

Thx Simba's Mom. :) The trail ride looks very nice as it goes through the Sea Pines Preserve. I'm sure it would offer beautiful views. It is on our list for a future visit.

Glad I gave you a little chuckle too. ;)

Can anyone tell me about happy hour at San Miguel's in Shelter Cove? I have heard mixed reviews on the food, and since we are from the San Diego area, I doubt it would compare to the Mexican food we can get at home. I'm hoping the happy hour margaritas are decent. Any help would be appreciated.

Also must tell you about our new find - Bullies BBQ! OMG, fantastic!!! Now its a small dine in place that is certainly not fancy, but we did it take out and ate it on our deck. Sooo good, we did it twice during our week!

Couldn't agree more! Awesome food. Bullies is all my DS26 talks about for our return visit in August.

We are here now, ate at San Miguel's yesterday food is great .. The guacamole with fresh pitas ..best I have ever had!! Fun atmosphere, live music and great service

Has anyone gone tubing at Hilton Head? There are a few water sport companies that do this, just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if it was worth the $$?

HH, here we come... YEEEA!!! This will be only our 2nd trip to HH. We loved our first stay but I've never been able to get availability since (3 yrs ago!). Maybe this is a helpful hint to any of you who like to take last-minute, spur-of-the-moment trips... We were planning to go to Panama City Beach for our Memorial Day vacation; but, as we have a deposit due on a cruise soon (to be taken in Sep), I really didn't wanna spend the $$$. So I called MS at the last minute (just a couple days ago) just to see if I cld snag a room, and Eureeka! I scored a 1-bed villa (YEEEA)!
So we arrive Mon (on Memorial Day - stay for 4 nights. I hope we get a rm w updated furniture - and close to the pool! I do know our room is wheelchair-accessible (we don't need that but it was only rm avail). I saw one comment that there's a building of villas that is all handicapped, or for "medical needs". If so, does anybody know if it's close to main bldg and pool?

HH, here we come... YEEEA!!! This will be only our 2nd trip to HH. We loved our first stay but I've never been able to get availability since (3 yrs ago!). Maybe this is a helpful hint to any of you who like to take last-minute, spur-of-the-moment trips... We were planning to go to Panama City Beach for our Memorial Day vacation; but, as we have a deposit due on a cruise soon (to be taken in Sep), I really didn't wanna spend the $$$. So I called MS at the last minute (just a couple days ago) just to see if I cld snag a room, and Eureeka! I scored a 1-bed villa (YEEEA)! So we arrive Mon (on Memorial Day - stay for 4 nights. I hope we get a rm w updated furniture - and close to the pool! I do know our room is wheelchair-accessible (we don't need that but it was only rm avail). I saw one comment that there's a building of villas that is all handicapped, or for "medical needs". If so, does anybody know if it's close to main bldg and pool?

We are heading out this morning! We will have five kids with us. Our four and a friend. If you see a gang of blond children including one very tall girl with a purple streak in her hair, you have found us!

Hi, Ellester! We'll we'll be arriving tomorrow, maybe by lunch or mid-afternoon, because the Memorial Day sales at the outlet center will be "off-the-chain", so I def wanna hit them! Oh, FYI, the Tommy Bahama outlet will have 75% off tomorrow!

But I do hope we run into you! Do you guys like to hang out at the main pool, or the Beach Club? We may head over to hang out at the Holiday Inn Oceanside's pool for a couple hours one day, because they have an AAAWSOME band that plays by their poolside bar! They play everything from The Beach Boys and Jimmy Buffet to The Stones!

Oh... How familiar are you (or anyone else) with the HH beaches? I'm a sea shell fanatic and I love to head down to the beach early to hunt - for shells and sea glass. What are my odds of finding some treasures???

HH, here we come... YEEEA!!! This will be only our 2nd trip to HH. We loved our first stay but I've never been able to get availability since (3 yrs ago!). Maybe this is a helpful hint to any of you who like to take last-minute, spur-of-the-moment trips... We were planning to go to Panama City Beach for our Memorial Day vacation; but, as we have a deposit due on a cruise soon (to be taken in Sep), I really didn't wanna spend the $$$. So I called MS at the last minute (just a couple days ago) just to see if I cld snag a room, and Eureeka! I scored a 1-bed villa (YEEEA)!
So we arrive Mon (on Memorial Day - stay for 4 nights. I hope we get a rm w updated furniture - and close to the pool! I do know our room is wheelchair-accessible (we don't need that but it was only rm avail). I saw one comment that there's a building of villas that is all handicapped, or for "medical needs". If so, does anybody know if it's close to main bldg and pool?

Have fun!! For a handicapped accessible room I'm sure you will probably be in the Main Oak Lodge Building which has an elevator. It is the building you check into. However it is not near the pool area. But certainly at HHI, nothing is very far at all!!! Besides from the Main Lodge you can have some lovely marsh views. Once we stayed there and faced the water saw and enjoyed seeing dolphins, sea turtles, birds and even a manatee from our balcony!!

Oh, wow! I do hope our room faces the marsh so we can see wildlife like you did! And I hope we run into you! So have you had luck finding seashells or sea glass on HH?

Also, we're not familiar with the island restaurants... My husband is looking forward to a good fish sandwich or Mahi Mahi, and in sure for lunch he'll be on the hunt for a great bowl of clam chowder. Any recommendations???

I hope we see you there!

Check out the website for The Sea Shack--especially for lunch. Great seafood in a "hole in the wall" type atmosphere. We hit this place at least once for lunch and make it our big meal for the day. Very good.

Check out the website for The Sea Shack--especially for lunch. Great seafood in a "hole in the wall" type atmosphere. We hit this place at least once for lunch and make it our big meal for the day. Very good.

If you want a real fun experience, go when there's a line sometime. You stand in the same line whether dining in or doing take-out, so it doesn't matter. We did one night, and standing in line, everyone got talking and having a real good time. Now the line was only about 20 minutes long, so maybe that was why it was fun. Also, we didn't have any children with us-maybe it wouldn't be their idea of fun. However, we enjoyed the experience of everyone chatting and being friendly.

Enjoying the villa while a rainstorm passes by! We are planning on the outlets tomorrow. My husband has to take my son back home for a little league playoff game tomorrow night so we are having a girls afternoon shopping since there's not much my husband enjoys less than shopping! (Especially with 3 teen girls!) They are coming back that night, we live about 4 1/2 hours away. He is their starting first baseman so he really needs to be there. :( I thought the playoffs would have been next week, I actually did think about it when I made these reservations at the 7 month window! We requested a marsh view but are in building 20 so we have a view of hammocks and a horseshoe pitch. I really don't mind though. We've had all different views over our visits and I've enjoyed them all. We are convenient to the pool and the parking lot.

We have enjoyed the line at the Sea Shack in the past as well! The last time we ate there, one of my daughters ordered a cheeseburger and when she bit into it, she realized they didn't take the plastic off the american cheese slice on the burger! Ewww! They did make her a new one, but I felt they could have been a bit more apologetic. But the seafood has always been excellent! I think we are going to Scott's tonight. We have never tried it. We may be at any pool at any time! We hit the beach/pool house this morning. It was absolutely gorgeous! We are going the the pool party tonight, although not doing the barbecue.

Hi, Ellester! We were caught in that same rainstorm while we ate lunch at Olive Garden. Ate there because I wanted to hit the Memorial Day sale at the outlets (75% off at Tommy Bahama, additional 40% off markdowns at Whitehouse Black Market).

If you use Bare Minerals makeup, don't miss their outlet - great buys! Tomorrow is the last day that they'll have the "starter kits" (which sell at our local Ulta store for $39.99) for 2/$35!

I'd love to hitch a ride with y'all for more shopping, but I'm dying to hit the beach failed early (I love to hunt for seashells) - then the pool back here! I hope we see you! We had dinner tonight at La Fontana in Shelter cove. Our table was a perfect view of the sunset!

I was gonna add a couple pics to this reply but I can't figure out how! (Do you know how?)

Hi, Ellester! We were caught in that same rainstorm while we ate lunch at Olive Garden. Ate there because I wanted to hit the Memorial Day sale at the outlets (75% off at Tommy Bahama, additional 40% off markdowns at Whitehouse Black Market). If you use Bare Minerals makeup, don't miss their outlet - great buys! Tomorrow is the last day that they'll have the "starter kits" (which sell at our local Ulta store for $39.99) for 2/$35! I'd love to hitch a ride with y'all for more shopping, but I'm dying to hit the beach failed early (I love to hunt for seashells) - then the pool back here! I hope we see you! We had dinner tonight at La Fontana in Shelter cove. Our table was a perfect view of the sunset! I was gonna add a couple pics to this reply but I can't figure out how! (Do you know how?)
Good luck shell hunting! I don't think HHI is the best for that, but I am sure there are a few treasures out there for those with a good eye! Our plan is a little bike riding this morning and then Tanger after lunch. I will be sure to hit Bare Minerals, that is a great deal! Here is a pic of our crew from our last WDW trip. I use Photobucket to post. You may need more posts? There is a post on the technical FAQ board about posting pics that might help. Please do say Hi if you see us!
Photo0795FourBySix.jpg

And a more recent one of the kids. My DH and I still look the same!

What a beautiful family! Have lots of fun today (I'm sure you will). My plans have changed drastically. I woke at 5am feeling very sick (not contagious - it's intestinal problems). So I've been in bed all day - weak and sore and waiting to hear from my doctor. If you don't mind, pls say a quick prayer for me. Have a wonderful time! Oh, and we are in the main bldg with a beautiful view overlooking the marshes on the first floor.

We actually had better luck finding shark teeth. If you go on the nature tour they will show you how to find them. It sealed the deal that my 12 yo daughter will never again put her toes in the ocean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter