(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny I was going through my pix and didn't have any in Dec. I popped in the pool for a quickie one day and never used a chair so I wasn't sure when they did it. My sept pix have the old style.

Welcome!

LOL I only have one picture where you can actually see them to the side of me. I guess I took more video than pictures at the pool. When are you going in July? Where are you staying?! Maybe we’ll see each other again!

IMG_3639.JPG

LOL I only have one picture where you can actually see them to the side of me. I guess I took more video than pictures at the pool. When are you going in July? Where are you staying?! Maybe we’ll see each other again!
Ahhh going home treats! We heading to mk then ME at 3:30.

I am trying for memorial or 4th but not sure with kids schedules.

Keep each other posted ! Was awesome meeting you and family last month.

Yes it looked like umbrellas were scattered all throughout, they were down vs up because it was a cooler day.

Yep comfy.

The area by the hot tub is more for dumping your stuff vs sitting there. They are comfy ones but only benches vs chaises etc.
Sounds good. I guess most people don’t really hang by hot tub using a lounge anyway. I don’t. We just go in hot tub then back to pool lounge.

Does the ground floor rooms have an open or enclosed patio? If enclosed can you see over them while sitting in a chair, first visit to this beautiful resort.

We will arrive on Wed. I think someone wanted a photo of 4423 in RPC? I will get that and let me know if anyone wants any other info/photos.

I will try to post room and lounge food photos. We are going to California Grill for brunch on Sunday and The Edison for dinner Saturday will try to get photos there. I always feel awkward taking the food photos but I am working on not worrying about it

We will arrive on Wed. I think someone wanted a photo of 4423 in RPC? I will get that and let me know if anyone wants any other info/photos.

I will try to post room and lounge food photos. We are going to California Grill for brunch on Sunday and The Edison for dinner Saturday will try to get photos there. I always feel awkward taking the food photos but I am working on not worrying about it

Thank you. We will experience The Grand Floridian RPC for the first time in May. I look so forward to seeing your pictures of the food offerings. Have a great trip and thanks again for thinking of the rest of us who are home counting down the days till we are there. :)

Just got back from my 1st stay at the GF, it was a really good stay. I was booked in a garden view room and was upgraded to a lagoon view room. Big Pine Key 1st floor facing the Poly.

The only minor problem that I had was the new housekeeping policy. I totally understand the need for security and the new policy. It just did not work very well a couple of days for me. I was not feeling well and needed a nap in the afternoon. From about 1-3PM, housekeeping knocked on the door x5 and I got a phone call as well.

I explained the 1st time that I was ill and would like housekeeping to come later. Then came more and more knocks. By the 5th knock and the phone call, I was about out of politeness.

I ended up going down to the front desk later that night and explained what happened. Apparently there is a door sign that says "room occupied", the manager said I could have also called housekeeping and they would work around my schedule.

I had one more incident with housekeeping and multiple knocking even thought I told them each time I was in the room and would be for a while.

I am sure the new process is still in the working on the kinks stage.

Otherwise, the staff was great. I met Richard, he was wonderful.

I quite enjoyed myself, especially Mizners and the music.

Im in DVC so does that housekeeping policy extend there as well since we don't get daily housekeeping? I will be sure to ask for that Room Occupied Sign since we take daily afternoon breaks..

We were upgraded to RPC a couple of years ago and stayed in room 4423. I LOVED it. Very spacious room with a small foyer area where the desk resides. That really frees up space in the room. Also, there is a wet bar and tons of storage. Very quiet, and right across from the lounge.

That would be me! Sorry I did not reply earlier. Started a new job this week. Hope you are having a magical time at Disney.

We were upgraded to RPC a couple of years ago and stayed in room 4423. I LOVED it. Very spacious room with a small foyer area where the desk resides. That really frees up space in the room. Also, there is a wet bar and tons of storage. Very quiet, and right across from the lounge.

We LOVED room 4423!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter