• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First stay at GF in August and wondering if ya'll can answer some questions. If we are a family traveling together, anyone have experience with having all your rooms together (4-5) in the same outer building (outer building - garden view - non CL)? Do you know the ratio of connecting doors to the rooms in the outer buildings? What would you suggest we put down for room requests - just that we would like to be together or should we push our luck and request a certain building/floor? Wondering if the pools/deck areas in August would be as crowded as the Pool at the Lava Poly last year? Sooo psyched to stay here! Thanks for any info you can send my way!

First stay at GF in August and wondering if ya'll can answer some questions. If we are a family traveling together, anyone have experience with having all your rooms together (4-5) in the same outer building (outer building - garden view - non CL)? Do you know the ratio of connecting doors to the rooms in the outer buildings? What would you suggest we put down for room requests - just that we would like to be together or should we push our luck and request a certain building/floor? Wondering if the pools/deck areas in August would be as crowded as the Pool at the Lava Poly last year? Sooo psyched to stay here! Thanks for any info you can send my way!

Hi:wave2:...I am not even close to one of the experts here but I have traveled to the GF with multiple families.

We had 4 rooms in total and we all were on the same floor with connecting rooms in the same building. We all called separately to add the request to our rooms and one really helpful cast member put our reservations together as a group.

They never guaranteed anything, I called a little over a week or two before to check on the requests. When we arrived it was not set up perfect, but we asked for a few changes and they were more then happy to help as long as we weren't in a hurry for the rooms and if we were flexible with the building. Needless to say with a little pixie dust pixiedust:we all wound up together and still to this day it was one of my favorite trips. Good luck, have a great trip!

Good Morning All! I haven't been on this thread for a long while as we decided to try a different resort for our recent trip. We chose POFQ and booked two rooms so that we could have two bathrooms and extra room. Well,.....on day 2 we were already wishing we were back at the Grand! While POFQ is a lovely resort, its just not the Grand. We missed the whole atmosphere and beautiful landscape. We missed sitting at a table outside Gaspie's and eating/chatting while viewing the marina and MK over the lagoon. We missed the Beach pool, the monorail, and people watching while sitting on the balcony. We missed the carpeted hallways that muffle walkway noises, nightly turndown service, and less crowded buses. We missed hearing the band play in the lobby and the boat to MK. Sigh...…

So needless to say, we decided as a family we just cannot stray from the Grand for our next trip. We won't be returning for a few years but the biggest decision for the next trip will be which room type to book at the GF :love:
We stayed at the Poly one year because GF was booked. It was nice, but...... not the Grand. We also couldnt’ wait to come back!

I don't have any experience traveling with a large group, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy your first GF stay :wizard:.

I know I'm in the GF thread so I can imagine the answers I'm going to get, but I'm asking anyway. :P I'm looking at a weekend trip, and my options are GF, Poly, Wilderness Lodge, and AKL. I'm leaning towards GF or Poly because they're on the monorail line. I've always wanted to stay at Poly but GF is actually cheaper for the dates I'm looking at! So, sell me on why I should stay at GF over Poly. No kids but I'm a sucker for a good pool (normally I stay at Yacht/Beach if at all possible) and adult beverages. :disrocks:

I know I'm in the GF thread so I can imagine the answers I'm going to get, but I'm asking anyway. :P I'm looking at a weekend trip, and my options are GF, Poly, Wilderness Lodge, and AKL. I'm leaning towards GF or Poly because they're on the monorail line. I've always wanted to stay at Poly but GF is actually cheaper for the dates I'm looking at! So, sell me on why I should stay at GF over Poly. No kids but I'm a sucker for a good pool (normally I stay at Yacht/Beach if at all possible) and adult beverages. :disrocks:

Stay away from this place it’s a total dump.......:rotfl2:......:rotfl:......:laughing:

I’ll start with pools between the two Poly vs Grand, they really are about the same you have one pool with a slide as feature pools that are both neat and a bit quieter pool at both as well, neither would compare to SAB which you obviously know that and they are nice.

Monorail is 1 stop to MK from Poly it’s 2, on the boats you’re 1st stop is Grand and 2nd Poly.

Buses 1st stop Poly 2nd Grand

Both are nice what theme would you prefer elegant or tropical?

Stay away from this place it’s a total dump.......:rotfl2:......:rotfl:......:laughing:

I’ll start with pools between the two Poly vs Grand, they really are about the same you have one pool with a slide as feature pools that are both neat and a bit quieter pool at both as well, neither would compare to SAB which you obviously know that and they are nice.

Monorail is 1 stop to MK from Poly it’s 2, on the boats you’re 1st stop is Grand and 2nd Poly.

Buses 1st stop Poly 2nd Grand

Both are nice what theme would you prefer elegant or tropical?
It's hard to say! If it was Christmas time I think I'd go for GF, hands down. But in the summer I'm leaning towards the tropical theme. I do like getting to MK faster - I usually go to Epcot non-stop since it's right there, so it'd be a nice perk to actually get to MK quickly vs the hullabaloo it normally is!

If you’re going to Epcot a lot it’s much easier and faster to walk to the TTC and take the Epcot monorail direct from the Poly than take the resort one all the way around and transfer. I love both resorts, so not much help otherwise, other than to add I don’t feel that the difference of 1 monorail stop makes any discernible difference in getting to the MK. IMO the Poly is almost preferable, less chance of it being stuffed full (but that matters less when you don’t have a double stroller). How much cheaper is the GF? Since they are both nearly equal, maybe go with the less expensive option and let that decide?

The Poly is my favorite, but the GF runs a close second. My choice would depend on how much cheaper the GF is. If it's a substantial savings, I'd probably opt for the GF; if the difference is negligible, I'd have to go with the Poly. Both resorts are great, just depends on which atmosphere (and price) you like more. Good luck :).

If you’re going to Epcot a lot it’s much easier and faster to walk to the TTC and take the Epcot monorail direct from the Poly than take the resort one all the way around and transfer. I love both resorts, so not much help otherwise, other than to add I don’t feel that the difference of 1 monorail stop makes any discernible difference in getting to the MK. IMO the Poly is almost preferable, less chance of it being stuffed full (but that matters less when you don’t have a double stroller). How much cheaper is the GF? Since they are both nearly equal, maybe go with the less expensive option and let that decide?

I agree :thumbsup2

Staying at the Grand for the first time in October! Trying to plan our days now. Wanting to do Epcot for morning EMH, but worried about being able to get there early enough from GF. Thoughts? How early should we plan to be at monorail to arrive in time for opening?

Someone needs to post pictures!

I'll be there in a couple weeks and will post pics!

I haven't been able to really think about the trip much cause my girls are keeping me SO busy!! I do have my ME tags, MagicBands, ADR's, and FP's made, so at least I was on top of all that....

So we're trying something new, as that's our goal since we've been to Disney a lot over the last 15 years. We're not staying CL this time, but I have a garden view room booked and we're doing the DDP cause my girls loved it last summer! I'll admit it really was fun to me too. I didn't make any room requests and am curious to see what we get! Hoping it doesn't backfire on me and we get the worst room there, lol.

The Poly is my favorite, but the GF runs a close second. My choice would depend on how much cheaper the GF is. If it's a substantial savings, I'd probably opt for the GF; if the difference is negligible, I'd have to go with the Poly. Both resorts are great, just depends on which atmosphere (and price) you like more. Good luck :).
GF is $50 cheaper per night ($431 vs $382). I do love Epcot so that's something to take into consideration, thanks!

What I love about gf's courtyard pool is the ability to consume your beverages while sitting IN THE POOL. YES they let you do this. There a bar plus some waiters. The beach pool is nice if you like a slide or a view of the lagoon.

I stay at both poly and gf every year now at least once. I love em both.My next stay is GF because it was lower in price and the poly trip I just booked for Labor Day was because then it was lower .

I love taking the boat for relaxing rides. I enjoy walking between the 2 resorts and eating and drinking at both. Can't go wrong with either IMO.

What I love about gf's courtyard pool is the ability to consume your beverages while sitting IN THE POOL. YES they let you do this. There a bar plus some waiters. The beach pool is nice if you like a slide or a view of the lagoon.

I stay at both poly and gf every year now at least once. I love em both.My next stay is GF because it was lower in price and the poly trip I just booked for Labor Day was because then it was lower .

I love taking the boat for relaxing rides. I enjoy walking between the 2 resorts and eating and drinking at both. Can't go wrong with either IMO.

You make such a valid and absolutely important point :laughing::drinking1

And on a side note... the bartenders are wonderful at GF... thought it should also be noted :rolleyes1:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter