2015 Trips

Sorry my mistake, I read Trip at Glance and got disappointed. In fact once you read the day by day itinerary some of the changes they made are interesting. Spending more time in Vatican, Lunch in orivieto, allowing people to have dinner in Florence are nice changes.

Since it sounds like it will be mid-June before ABD add-ons are released, does anyone know if Insiders can book those a day earlier before the release to the general public?

Does the price go up on these (similar to regular ABDs) based on how many people have booked? I'm worried these prices will go up quickly since there are only a couple of Baltic cruises next summer - so potentially short supply and high demand...... :confused3

Question for Dis' ers, Kevin (if you are lurking! )

Seems I've managed to con DH into Italy;) Dates will be open soon, but I'm trying to get a handle on likely dates...because we are already into May, I see no May Italy trips, but maybe because some must have departed already. So does this mean that Mays release date will include Fall/winter 2014 and Spring/summer 2015, or is it fall winter 2015 and spring 2016 that's going on sale next week? DH and I are thinking May 2016, so do we would book THIS OR NEXT May?

Also, (maybe Kevin would know this) does the Italy itinerary usually run in the early spring (April and or May?) Would there be an adult only offered during this time? I guess I can look at the 2015 itins next week and get an idea of what they "usually" offer, but any advice appreciated!

Seems I've managed to con DH into Italy;) Dates will be open soon, but I'm trying to get a handle on likely dates...because we are already into May, I see no May Italy trips, but maybe because some must have departed already. So does this mean that Mays release date will include Fall/winter 2014 and Spring/summer 2015, or is it fall winter 2015 and spring 2016 that's going on sale next week? DH and I are thinking May 2016, so do we would book THIS OR NEXT May?

Also, (maybe Kevin would know this) does the Italy itinerary usually run in the early spring (April and or May?) Would there be an adult only offered during this time? I guess I can look at the 2015 itins next week and get an idea of what they "usually" offer, but any advice appreciated!
If you look at the brochure, the Italy trips announced in May of 2013 were for trips from April 2014 through December of 2014. When I look at the previous year's brochure (trips announced in 2012) the dates are for April 2013 through December 2013. The same holds for trips in 2012 & 2011. Now, a few of the trips announced last May (Backstage Magic, Winter Wyoming and Costa Rica) crossed over into early 2015, but Italy did not. So, if things go the way they have been, what's announced for Italy next week should be for April 2015 through December 2015. So if you're looking at May 2016, you'd be booking that *next* May.

The Italy trip historically *is* offered in April and May. I looked back 4 years, and there were trips offered mid-to-late April and May. Now, there *was* an April trip this year that got canceled (assuming due to lack of bookings). Which points up that just because they were scheduled doesn't necessarily mean they went. I'm just going by the brochure. (Oh, and in 2013 & 2014, the Adults only trips were in May and September. In 2012, there was also one in October, and 2011 had one in July, also.)

Sayhello

When 2015 dates are released on Tuesday and Wednesday, they will be for all departures in 2015 (and a few in 2016).

You can still currently book the 12/21/14 Italy Adventure. It's the last Italy departure in 2014. (Christmas in Italy is AMAZING.) I fully expect this upcoming release to only have Italy departures in 2015 and not carry over into 2016.

There are trips that bridge the following year (2016) but Italy isn't usually one of them.

We have also taken a group to Italy in May....so they do have departures that early in the year.

Historically, Adults Only departures are in the fall, as most kids are back in school. There can be other departures as well.

Hope that helps.

Thank you both! That's very helpful! I'll keep an eye on the departures for 2015 and see how they would line up for 2016...we would consider fall 2015, but it's hard to book now as our daughters will both be in college and we don't yet know the when parent weekend will be held for one of them until next spring (by then they will likely be sold out) We've got plans for Spring 2015, and Winter 2017 we plan to go to Antarctica, so Fall 2016 is out, so I'm trying to "squeeze" Italy in before we need to do the college pick up in mid to late May 2016 ;) I thought having them off at school would make it easier to travel, but it's not working out that way;)

I was hoping for a sneak peak at the new itineraries tonight (as I recall, the last couple of years, the website was updated on Sunday night)....but alas, nothing new is posted.

I'm traveling for the next few days, so I'll need to squeeze in some time to check out the website and potentially, book a new trip!

I'm also traveling, which is why I'm glad I don't need to book this year, I'll be at a hotel without free wifi,and needing to use my cell, not the easiest for researching trips, with all the graphics!

Good luck to this of you booking trips this spring, can't wait to hear everyone's plans! Especially interested in the Amazon, when we did the Andes and Galapagos, the guides all said its phenomenal! I bet they are going to the river where the ph of the water prevents significant mosquitos, which makes it safer. Can't remember, but thought it was a color name, like red or yellow maybe? I'd love it if the Amazon was combined with Machu Pichu as we have not done that trip yet.
Happy shopping!

The Italy trip historically *is* offered in April and May. I looked back 4 years, and there were trips offered mid-to-late April and May. Now, there *was* an April trip this year that got canceled (assuming due to lack of bookings). Which points up that just because they were scheduled doesn't necessarily mean they went. I'm just going by the brochure. (Oh, and in 2013 & 2014, the Adults only trips were in May and September. In 2012, there was also one in October, and 2011 had one in July, also.)

Sayhello

.....just for the record that canceled trip was 36+ full or at least that is the number quoted to me by ABD when I called to inquire on children numbers and ages.....Oh well I guess we will never know the truth and for us it worked out well.......:)

.....just for the record that canceled trip was 36+ full or at least that is the number quoted to me by ABD when I called to inquire on children numbers and ages.....Oh well I guess we will never know the truth and for us it worked out well.......:)
Really? Oh, wow! That really doesn't make sense. Sorry! But I am glad it all worked out for you.

Sayhello

Really? Oh, wow! That really doesn't make sense. Sorry! But I am glad it all worked out for you.

Sayhello

Yes, we were also on that trip, and were told the same thing. I think it was cancelled because they had scheduled to be in Rome (at the Vatican) on Easter Sunday, and at some point they figured out that wasn't going to work. In any event, it worked out for the best for us as well, because I ended up having to have surgery in mid-March, so going in April probably would not have worked. Fortunately we rebooked for June, ABD paid all of the change fees, and we should be able to go then without a problem. All's well that ends well, I guess (though I was really mad when they cancelled it!)

I'm kind of new to this ABD thing, but I have a couple questions. When can folks who have never done an ABD call in and book for 2015? I've heard the 20th, but also have seen the 21st. And do these fill up quickly? I'm an 8 Disney cruise veteran and know things go fast the first day those come available. I'm looking at a Southern California in summer of 2015, and since spots are so limited on these trips, should I be worried that any may sell out? Any help from you ABD veterans is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Yes, we were also on that trip, and were told the same thing. I think it was cancelled because they had scheduled to be in Rome (at the Vatican) on Easter Sunday, and at some point they figured out that wasn't going to work. In any event, it worked out for the best for us as well, because I ended up having to have surgery in mid-March, so going in April probably would not have worked. Fortunately we rebooked for June, ABD paid all of the change fees, and we should be able to go then without a problem. All's well that ends well, I guess (though I was really mad when they cancelled it!)
I can understand being mad! But, as you say, it was for the best! At least ABD is really great about it when they do cancel. Fortunately, they don't do it that often!

Sayhello

I'm kind of new to this ABD thing, but I have a couple questions. When can folks who have never done an ABD call in and book for 2015? I've heard the 20th, but also have seen the 21st. And do these fill up quickly? I'm an 8 Disney cruise veteran and know things go fast the first day those come available. I'm looking at a Southern California in summer of 2015, and since spots are so limited on these trips, should I be worried that any may sell out? Any help from you ABD veterans is appreciated. Thanks!!!
People who have never taken an ABD will be able to book starting on the 21st. Adventure Insiders (folks who have taken at least one ABD) will be able to sign up on the 20th.

I would not worry about trips (except for possibly a brand new itinerary) selling out the first day. Opening day last year, the price of the Scotland trip (brand new) shot up within a few days. But that was a new phenomenon. The price may go up, but I doubt they'd sell out. I don't know that I've ever heard of that happening on the first day. The Southern California trip has been around for years, so I think you'll be fine on the 21st. I mean, there's no guarantee, but I'd be willing to bet you'll be fine.

Sayhello

Oh, cool!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana: According to that article, the DVC New York and San Francisco/Napa trips will be available to the general public!!! I am so doing that New York trip! (And the San Francisco/Napa one at some point, too!) I'm not familiar with this site, but I sure hope it's true!!!

For Adventures by Disney it’s all about filling those bucket lists. At the same time, the family adventure tour operator also wants to offer new guests the chance to experience its products on shorter, more affordable programs.

That’s why for 2015 Adventures by Disney is introducing a new “bucket list” trip that combines Ecuador, the Amazon and the Galapagos, as well as new Long Weekend itineraries showcasing New York City and San Francisco & Napa.
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sayhello

Depending on pricing, I could go for that San Francisco/Napa or the NYC trip. I may ask for pricing after I see how my Backstage Magic trip goes. Those trips sound really nice especially NYC.

Oh, cool!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana: According to that article, the DVC New York and San Francisco/Napa trips will be available to the general public!!! I am so doing that New York trip! (And the San Francisco/Napa one at some point, too!) I'm not familiar with this site, but I sure hope it's true!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sayhello

The new trips are on the website now. There are no dates & rates on the Amazon trip, but the others are there.

The new trips are on the website now. There are no dates & rates on the Amazon trip, but the others are there.

I didn't see the NY and Napa trips..did I miss them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter