2016 DVC Member Cruise Announced!

Has anyone read how much the trip is if you pay cash instead of points? I know they say it's an option but can't find how much! Same for the adventures pre-trip in NYC.
We love longer trips and have always felt the shorter ones were not worth the price, but being new DVC members we are toying with the idea.
I wish I knew more about the on boat activities to help us decide! We are living in New Brunswick, Canada. So on the plus NYC is technically drive able or at least cheaper air fair than flying to Barcelona! On the down side, it's a very short trip and the one port is Halifax... Which is a lovely city, but we drive there any time we are bored on a Saturday morning since it is so close. We have joked that during the port day we could drive home to check on the cat :)

Cfudge, is the end of September the time to see whales around Halifax?

Whale watching trips are still running in September and some into October (May and October are the shoulder seasons for most of the whale watching tours) - June through August/September being the peak season. You can take a whale watching tour from the Halifax waterfront (roughly 15 minute walk from where the ship will dock) but keep in mind those tours take a while to chug out of the harbour to where the whales hang out and they have to allow for the time to chug back in...great views of the waterfront, the ship etc though. You may also have an option to drive to the Peggy's Cove area and then take a watching tour from there, it'll take about an hour for them to bus you out there but you're starting on the open ocean so probably quicker to the whales.

Was interested until we saw the prices, crazy. Did this route a few years ago for $599PP veranda room for five nights, those member perks must be amazing to justify the prices they are charging for 2016 DVC version with one night less.

We did this trip out of NYC a few years ago on Disney. At the time it also included St. Johns and we really enjoyed it. This only includes Halifax and they want a lot more in points. Yikes.

So, I would only consider paying cash, but for our family of 4 in an oceanview would cost approx. $6000, which would come out to $1500 per day .... for one port. Are they crazy? There is no way that I would shell out that kind of money for a 4 day cruise. I am booked on a 14 night cruise to Panama on another line and for the 4 of us and the price in an extended balcony is $4,500, or $321 per day and we are going to 6 ports. Again, DVC is pricing out the middle class. Just MHO.

Hello fellow Disney fans! Quick question.....is the single occupancy majorly increased? This cruise really appeals to me since, I'm in the Philadelphia region and could easily drive to NYC. My husband is willing to send me alone (which is heaven for me!) since the kids can't miss school that early in the year. What do single occupancy rates looks like? Is it even worth it? We did the August 2015 Member Cruise, and with the kids I really didn't find it worth the extra price. My kids don't like the kids clubs so we didn't get to do many of the special extras. I would love to do this on my own and totally be Disney Geek for 4 nights! What are your thoughts and price knowledge of single occupancy? Thanks!

TMK0730, did you ever find out what the price difference was for Single Occupant for the DVC Member Cruise?
Interested in doing it for the 2018 DVC Member Cruise, but would be paying cash vs using points. (Already have those maxed out for my sister's family first trip)

TMK0730, did you ever find out what the price difference was for Single Occupant for the DVC Member Cruise?
Interested in doing it for the 2018 DVC Member Cruise, but would be paying cash vs using points. (Already have those maxed out for my sister's family first trip)
If you are a single, you still pay for 2 adults n the room.
This is an old thread.

If you are a single, you still pay for 2 adults n the room.
This is an old thread.

Note: There should be a slight discount (less than $200.00) because there are no port fees for the second passenger. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter