2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed the old days when there were no rumors, just a few of us crunching numbers and making an educated guess. Some folks thought we had some kind of inside track because back then it was usually hitting the nail on the head. But we had no inside info, just a good understanding of how things worked.

Now a days, everything changes up and people leak info, like the South American pages, and Air Canada. Still, you have to pay attention at what info may or may not be exclusive to those countries or not....then in the end, they throw a curveball and change something at the last minute just to add a little chaos.

Those are our exact dates!

These are also our exact dates too! Although, I'm debating extending our stay by a couple of nights if we are able to get the free dining. Also I think I'll be tempted to book for November IF they do by chance end up starting the free dining on the 11/11 rather than 11/15. We would have to go 11/12- 11/19 if we were to go in November. We're just worried that the heat and humidity will be too much in September. We'll deal with it though for being able to snag free dining! We'll see what I end up booking if free dining is announced tomorrow...lol. Good luck!

It seems likes last year this time they released the free dining, and then in July they released a few other discounts for December.. I'd take any sort of discount, be it free food, or a room discount. Just trying to see how much of a difference it will be for 2 rooms at a mod, then a family suite at AOA. I KNOW it will be different, but maybe not to different with a discount. Hence me looking for what type at a mod I need to look at
Yep. Room discounts came out later. I'm not changing my resort.. So hoping that dates are similar to last year. Going regardless...it's part of a land/sea trip so dates can't be changed either...but just hate paying rack rate at WDW!!

They were so far and in between and there were SO many people that you would have to wait for multiple buses each time before you could get on. We ended up just driving to the parks and foregoing the buses, with the exception of MK at first. And then eventually MK, too, because I was so irritated.

That was us on our last trip to POP we just took our own car instead of using the bus system

We were there last fall (2015) from 9/25 to 10/2. Still very hot and humid (duh, South Florida). Highs around 90 each day. Also, a lot more crowded than it was the last time we went in the fall several years back. I was actually shocked how crowded it was. The only time the crowd level dropped was one day when it rained HARD all morning. As soon as the rain stopped, the crowds flooded back in.

Nothing like it used to be in the fall.

ohhhhh December... RO discounts better drop soon too.. i can't take this anymore!
It looks like the don't typically come out until late summer.. But that they run along side FD. So I've been paying attention to FD to hope that my dates are released. Should probably just save myself the stress lol
Last year taking the room only discount and adding DDP myself.. Saved me $1100 over the Free Dining option.

We were there last fall (2015) from 9/25 to 10/2. Still very hot and humid (duh, South Florida). Highs around 90 each day. Also, a lot more crowded than it was the last time we went in the fall several years back. I was actually shocked how crowded it was. The only time the crowd level dropped was one day when it rained HARD all morning. As soon as the rain stopped, the crowds flooded back in.

Nothing like it used to be in the fall.
Please don't insult South Floridians ;)

Orlando is CENTRAL Florida.

It looks like the don't typically come out until late summer.. But that they run along side FD. So I've been paying attention to FD to hope that my dates are released. Should probably just save myself the stress lol
Last year taking the room only discount and adding DDP myself.. Saved me $1100 over the Free Dining option.
I am taking 3 adults with me, and have charted out each day worth of food they will eat, and will probably take the money I would spend on purchasing the dining plan, and put them on prepaid visas. SO still paid for, but seems to me, they will have $100-150 left on the visas to shop, or bring back home with them. I still had two buffets in they menu plans as well.

OK, I know this has been posted and asked probably a kabillion times, but please humor me once more...

We're booked Poly 11/16-11/22. We are not changing resorts. I would just like to apply FD if it is available. So... am I better off attempting to modify my existing ressie or create a completely new one? I know it could be 6 in one, 1/2 dozen in another, but I wanted to ask the experts! :worship::thanks:
How many people in your party? Last year room only discount saved me @ $200 per night at Poly

I am taking 3 adults with me, and have charted out each day worth of food they will eat, and will probably take the money I would spend on purchasing the dining plan, and put them on prepaid visas. SO still paid for, but seems to me, they will have $100-150 left on the visas to shop, or bring back home with them. I still had two buffets in they menu plans as well.
Makes sense!

Hello everyone, long time lurker first time poster! My girlfriend and I are looking at a trip 9/4-9/10. We have only ever stayed in value resorts(woo POP!), but I thought we might try and stay at POR this trip. I haven't made my reservations yet, so I have a couple of questions.

1)should I book NOW and then call tomorrow AM and add on the FD or RO discount?
2)Does this math seem right for POR:
$211 GV rack rate @ POR X 6 nights = $1266
4 day PH tickets = $788
$2054 + FD
$158.25 RO discount @por X 6 night = $949.50
4 Day PH Tickets = $788
$1737.50 w/out dining (would have to eat $316.50 worth of food to make even)
Or Pop Century:
$111 SR rack rate @ Pop X 6 nights =$666
4 Day PH Tickets =$788
$1454 + FD
$88.80 RO discount @ Pop X 6 nights =$532.80
4 Day PH Tickets =$788
$1320.80 w/out dining (would have to eat $133.20 worth of food to make even)
We have never had the dining plan before, but this is our first time we will be flying into MCO and won't have a car, making our food costs higher than they have been in the past since we would drive outside the resort for food. Any help would be appreciated!

Been watching this thread since February. The big day is here and it's so exciting and I have to keep telling myself "I will not book a fd package, I will not book a fd package" because I already rented DVC points for a week fd isn't offered, but this is soooooo tempting! Who knew one could be a vacation planning addict!? Good luck tomorrow everyone! I may or may not just take a look at what's available myself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter