2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping that everyone being off for thanksgiving will deter them from taking more time off work the next week :scared: fingers crossed... But then again I teach Kindergarten and am taking the time off. So maybe only super Disney loves will be there.:lovestruc
I hope so!! Good luck to you in getting what you want, this is stressful.

Joining in! Our last trip to WDW was in Oct 2014 and we stayed @ CSR. This time we are going Nov 12-18th and plan to stay at CBR (originally planned for POR but then changed with the hopes of free dining...). We are planning on doing a split stay if the dates don't include the 12th!
Us too. Originally booked POR then changed to CBR. Now that FD is an option waiting to see if we are doing a split stay for Nov. 12-19.

Over on the UK site, the offer for free dining is up - will that offer be the same as what the US gets? Because it's slightly (alot) different than what we've been discussing.....
No, that is their 2017 offer and the US offer is expected/rumored to be different from the UK and more like last years US offer with the primary difference being the dates.

So how confident is anyone with the start date on August 23rd? We have reservations at POR Aug 24-Aug 31. I've heard dates starting the 25th which would make a major headache!

So how confident is anyone with the start date on August 23rd? We have reservations at POR Aug 24-Aug 31. I've heard dates starting the 25th which would make a major headache!

I have those same dates planned, I have heard the 23rd, hopefully that is correct...

I couldn't quote this but had a question regarding the release date for RO Discount as posted below. Is the 23rd of April a typo or did it already release and the rooms have already sold out? I went to the Disney website and didn't see an offer....

Here's my thoughts on how the Room Discounts may lay out. This is an exercise of my mind and the level of detail I enjoy digging into. Remember there may be some resorts that flip into different percentages and those date ranges may Be off a bit. But lets just see how close this shakes out shall we? :teacher:

A room discount offer should be available April 23, for stays between August 25 and November 5.

Up to 30% - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Standard/Pool View), Boardwalk Inn, Grand Floridian, Polynesian Village Resort, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs.

Up to 20% - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savannah/Club Level), Beach Club, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo and Kidani), Beach Club Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, All Star Music, All Star Sports, Pop Century, Art of Animation Family Suites, Port Orleans French Quarter (8/26-10/1 only).

Up to 25% - Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Cabins at Ft. Wilderness, Port Orleans Riverside (25% from 8/26-10/1, and 20% from 10/1-11/5.)

Up to 15% - All Star Movies, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness

Excludes: Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian Villas, and Grand Floridian Villas.

I couldn't quote this but had a question regarding the release date for RO Discount as posted below. Is the 23rd of April a typo or did it already release and the rooms have already sold out? I went to the Disney website and didn't see an offer....

Here's my thoughts on how the Room Discounts may lay out. This is an exercise of my mind and the level of detail I enjoy digging into. Remember there may be some resorts that flip into different percentages and those date ranges may Be off a bit. But lets just see how close this shakes out shall we? :teacher:

A room discount offer should be available April 23, for stays between August 25 and November 5.

Up to 30% - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Standard/Pool View), Boardwalk Inn, Grand Floridian, Polynesian Village Resort, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs.

Up to 20% - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savannah/Club Level), Beach Club, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo and Kidani), Beach Club Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, All Star Music, All Star Sports, Pop Century, Art of Animation Family Suites, Port Orleans French Quarter (8/26-10/1 only).

Up to 25% - Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Cabins at Ft. Wilderness, Port Orleans Riverside (25% from 8/26-10/1, and 20% from 10/1-11/5.)

Up to 15% - All Star Movies, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness

Excludes: Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian Villas, and Grand Floridian Villas.

Opps...yes, that would be a typo. Sorry about that.

Princess
Ro
Yay! Finally caught up! So I know CBR vs POR has been discussed a lot but could ya'll help me pick? I keep going back and forth! It will be me, my husband, my oldest daughter (7), and my twin girls (2). We will be celebrating my twins 2nd birthday while there on Sept 30-Oct 4! It's a shorter trip than normal for us but really looking for the most fun resort! We spend most of our time at MK and usually stay out late (at Mk, HS or downtown disney) so fast buses and short walks are best. We also really enjoy the 'nostalgic, Disney magic kiddie' themes that value resorts have so which of the two (POR or CBR) has more of a family feel? Which resort would you choose?
Royal room at POR! Definitely!

Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I feel confident that we would eat that much worth of food over the course of the week to come out ahead. My other question is though, do I book my room + ticket w/park hopper package tonight and then call tomorrow and add the FD discount? Or just make a new reservation? Thanks again, and good luck to everyone on getting their bookings!

So are y'all gonna just start clicking the modify links at midnight or wait and see if it posts under special offers?

Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I feel confident that we would eat that much worth of food over the course of the week to come out ahead. My other question is though, do I book my room + ticket w/park hopper package tonight and then call tomorrow and add the FD discount? Or just make a new reservation? Thanks again, and good luck to everyone on getting their bookings!
At this point wait until it drops then make the reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter