2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Wow, No Chase sponsorship! That sucks. This was going to be our first F&W with a Chase Disney Visa and we were looking forward to the perks. Shoot.

how many days are most of you spending at food and wine if you don't mind me asking. I'm going for 9 days and plan on spending at least 4 days there.

I started doing 4 days, the next year I did 5, then 6. Sadly, this year I will only be there Monday - Friday. I have an AP so can park hop, I'm at Epcot every single day of my trip and all my meals except breakfast come from there. I might hop over for a hour or two early in the day then go somewhere else then hop back over, etc.

Anyone booked events using a gift card before? Have any issues? (hoping to book PFTS non-wine view lounge with a gift card)

Does any think there is any chance of the Premium Package coming back??

As discussed, no. I did it both years it was offered and honestly it was not worth $199 per person in my opinion. It was only good Mon-Thurs until 8:00 pm and we had no problem finding tables and seats during the same Mon-Thurs until 8:00 hours without it last year. It was nice to be pampered and I loved treating my mom to it, but we just took the model and did it on our own - sent one person to find a table, and 3 "runners" to nearby booths to round up tastes. The Craft Beers/Odyssey Pavilion was our air conditioned respite "home base". I'm a sucker and would probably shell out the $199 per person again and again but honestly we did just fine without it.

Did anyone else notice that the Disney Food Blog is reporting that the early booking on Tuesday starts at 9:00? I thought it was just referring to DVC, which makes sense for calling member services, but they specifically mention all of the affiliated groups and say they can book at 9. I don't think I trust that and that I should call at 7. What do y'all think?

Also, just noticed that on the DFB it states that Chase is NOT a sponsor this year, so no early booking access:

How to Book Epcot Food & Wine Festival Events
To book all special events and demonstrations, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378) starting July 20 at 7:00AM ET. Culinary Demonstrations and Beverage Seminars and general admission for some special events may be bookable online at www.epcotfoodfestival.com as well as by phone.

Tables in Wonderland members, Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members, and Golden Oak Residents are eligible for a $2 discount (per person, per event) for beverage and seminars and culinary demos taking place Mon-Thurs during the festival. Members of these groups can also book all special events early on July 18th beginning at 9:00AM ET. Discounts are by phone only at 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378). Stay tuned to DisneyFoodBlog.com and the Disney Food Blog Newsletter for details.

Because Chase is no longer a Festival Sponsor, Chase Disney Visa Cardholders have no access to early booking this year.
I'm in a meeting at 9. I am going to try 7 and cross my fingers

Did anyone else notice that the Disney Food Blog is reporting that the early booking on Tuesday starts at 9:00? I thought it was just referring to DVC, which makes sense for calling member services, but they specifically mention all of the affiliated groups and say they can book at 9. I don't think I trust that and that I should call at 7. What do y'all think?

Also, just noticed that on the DFB it states that Chase is NOT a sponsor this year, so no early booking access:

How to Book Epcot Food & Wine Festival Events
To book all special events and demonstrations, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378) starting July 20 at 7:00AM ET. Culinary Demonstrations and Beverage Seminars and general admission for some special events may be bookable online at www.epcotfoodfestival.com as well as by phone.

Tables in Wonderland members, Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members, and Golden Oak Residents are eligible for a $2 discount (per person, per event) for beverage and seminars and culinary demos taking place Mon-Thurs during the festival. Members of these groups can also book all special events early on July 18th beginning at 9:00AM ET. Discounts are by phone only at 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378). Stay tuned to DisneyFoodBlog.com and the Disney Food Blog Newsletter for details.

Because Chase is no longer a Festival Sponsor, Chase Disney Visa Cardholders have no access to early booking this year.
Not sure about others but according to WDWinfo.com its confirmed for DVC through member services at 9:00am.

For the things that are bookable online does it show up to book at the same time the phones open or would it be better to plan to call in?

So I've never done PFTS because it was never available when I was there. DFB is stating that the one in September and one other one are basically special because they have Disney chefs. Does this just mean different food from the other parties or it will have more food because it'll have the chefs plus the normal fare? I'm trying to decide if I want to push to do one of the "special" ones or just go with the one that fits our schedule best. Any ideas?

So I've never done PFTS because it was never available when I was there. DFB is stating that the one in September and one other one are basically special because they have Disney chefs. Does this just mean different food from the other parties or it will have more food because it'll have the chefs plus the normal fare? I'm trying to decide if I want to push to do one of the "special" ones or just go with the one that fits our schedule best. Any ideas?
Idk but just wanted to point out in case you didn't notice this review on DFB, they went to the Disney Springs focused one last year http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/tag/bb-wolfs/

Wow, No Chase sponsorship! That sucks. This was going to be our first F&W with a Chase Disney Visa and we were looking forward to the perks. Shoot.
Same here! Mainly the idea of a lounge with free drinks, really, but still. We've got family on the one day, including my 77 year old grandfather, so I thought it would be handy.

They used to have a mix of Celebrity Chefs & Disney Chefs at all the PFTS. I think these "Special" PFTS that focus on Disney Springs and or Disney Resort Chefs may be lacking in Celebrity Chef offerings. Not saying that is a bad thing since Disney has some great Chefs but if you want the celebrity Chefs the "Special" PFTS may not have any.

Same here! Mainly the idea of a lounge with free drinks, really, but still. We've got family on the one day, including my 77 year old grandfather, so I thought it would be handy.
It quite possibly would have been more of a pain than a help, when we saw the line-up for that lounge a couple years ago my friend and I both decided "forget it!". People were lined up and waiting out in the sun in order to get in to the free drinks and AC which defeated the purpose imho. I was not standing out in the sun for half an hour for a free coke.

It quite possibly would have been more of a pain than a help, when we saw the line-up for that lounge a couple years ago my friend and I both decided "forget it!". People were lined up and waiting out in the sun in order to get in to the free drinks and AC which defeated the purpose imho. I was not standing out in the sun for half an hour for a free coke.
Ugh, yeah no. Thanks for making me feel better :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter