2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

We are arriving Aug 17th but not sure if we should do the Universal portion of our trip at the beginning or the end? We're canadian so our promo might be okay to start on the 17th... regardless I have a question for the group.

We're planning 5 day park hoppers, family of 5- 4 disney adults and 1 child. Dates Aug 21st-Aug 30th. We love FDing-- not because we're big eaters but my kids are fussy. it's such a treat to go somewhere nice (like Boma) so we can all eat what we like and try to still get our intake of veggies which I find hard with QS meals.

Based on everyone's experience-- would it be more cost effective to book a moderate like CBR and upgrade the dining or spring for a deluxe like Beach Club? When I am costing it out, I found that perhaps it's an extra $100/nite for deluxe compared to CBR + dining upgrade. To me, that is worth it because I am not thrilled with the look of CBR yet.

We have only stayed at moderates... we're not too fussy.. but the idea of something like the Beach club, being close to 2 parks and maybe having a little more room to roam in a studio really sounds appealing. i would even consider dropping a night to save some extra money if that means a deluxe.

What would you do? wrelp!

Hi, seeing some conflicting info about what to do if you already have a reservation. I have a current reservation, with park hopper tickets for the dates that are suspected. I do see the change reservation button on my reservation. Would I be able to just add the free dining to this current reservation?

Also, if the hotel I have picked is excluded, is that something that can be done tomorrow while adding the free dining?

Or will I need to make a whole new reservation?

THank you for any help.
You would need to click change and change the resort to one that's included, when you click on the resort it should give you the option of choosing room, package and package type (like free dining) and then room type.
Just be sure to read the special offer to be sure to get the right type ticket and the minimum amount of days to stay and days on tix..

.my sister and I have both booked 2-bedroom units from Aug 13-20, 2018, split-stay between Beach Club Villas and Villas at Grand Floridian. Currently we have non-discounted rooms and the Canadian ticket promo.

Are these stand alone tickets that you can save for a later date or are they part of a package you have with your rooms? If they're part of a package and you modify, you'll lose that ticket discount and pay full price. If they're stand alone, you'll still have to purchase more tickets to get FD, but you can save one set of tickets to be used at a future date.

Is it really necessary to add the plan now or is it just as easy to add it when it drops?

Also, how hard is it to add a few more days to your already booked resv? Thanks!

At this point, I would wait until tomorrow. Making any changes today puts you at risk of having that "change reservation" link messing up and not being able to use it tomorrow. Shouldn't be that difficult to add days either.

You would need to click change and change the resort to one that's included, when you click on the resort it should give you the option of choosing room, package and package type (like free dining) and then room type.
Just be sure to read the special offer to be sure to get the right type ticket and the minimum amount of days to stay and days on tix..
Thank you!
Makes me feel better knowing it should be able to do online.
Appreciate the insight!

Hi all! I've been trying to follow along (this thread is moving fast!). Is anyone trying for the Poly, or is that not an option for FD (that we know of this year!)? Thanks and good luck!! :)

When should I do the upgrade from the FD to the next level up?

You'll be able to do that when you snag the promo. The website will ask if you want to upgrade. OR you can do it anytime up to 72 hrs before check-in.

Based on everyone's experience-- would it be more cost effective to book a moderate like CBR and upgrade the dining or spring for a deluxe like Beach Club? When I am costing it out, I found that perhaps it's an extra $100/nite for deluxe compared to CBR + dining upgrade. To me, that is worth it because I am not thrilled with the look of CBR yet.

Do the DELUXE!!

Should I go ahead and add QSDP to make things go smoother?

I wouldn't do anything that might mess up the change reservation link. It's easy to do it all tomorrow morning.

One more thing sorry!! If its a four day requirement do we know yet whether or not it will be 4 days only or 4 days with park hopper?

Park hopper requirement is not going away; you will need the PH added to the tickets.

We are arriving Aug 17th but not sure if we should do the Universal portion of our trip at the beginning or the end? We're canadian so our promo might be okay to start on the 17th... regardless I have a question for the group.

We're planning 5 day park hoppers, family of 5- 4 disney adults and 1 child. Dates Aug 21st-Aug 30th. We love FDing-- not because we're big eaters but my kids are fussy. it's such a treat to go somewhere nice (like Boma) so we can all eat what we like and try to still get our intake of veggies which I find hard with QS meals.

We have only stayed at moderates... we're not too fussy.. but the idea of something like the Beach club, being close to 2 parks and maybe having a little more room to roam in a studio really sounds appealing. i would even consider dropping a night to save some extra money if that means a deluxe.

What would you do? wrelp!

I think I would ditch the moderates and either do 2 rooms at Pop or try to get a standard at a deluxe.

This is a dumb question, but are bounce back offers generally for the same dates you're presently there, or some random dates? Are they usually the same offer you have, like if you're there with free dining, will the BB include free dining?
In the past, the FD BB has been available for anyone staying in September & October (it may have started for those staying in August). November 1 the new BB starts and it is for room discounts. The dates are very random. Last year to get FD BB, the dates were for anyone coming back in 5/29-6/5, 6/29-7/11, 8/1-9/8, 12/7-12/22.

Have there been any other rumors about RO discounts? Just plugging in numbers it looks like it would cost us to do FD (with extra days on tickets). We seem to be cutting it close on minimum stays, too.

Have there been any other rumors about RO discounts? Just plugging in numbers it looks like it would cost us to do FD (with extra days on tickets). We seem to be cutting it close on minimum stays, too.
The problem with waiting until summer to see what the RO discounts are is that last year, by the time the RO discounts came out, all the rooms were booked & there was nothing left available. Everything seems to get booked up by then, unless you are willing to take something like All Stars suites at $250.

Hi, seeing some conflicting info about what to do if you already have a reservation. I have a current reservation, with park hopper tickets for the dates that are suspected. I do see the change reservation button on my reservation. Would I be able to just add the free dining to this current reservation?

Also, if the hotel I have picked is excluded, is that something that can be done tomorrow while adding the free dining?

Or will I need to make a whole new reservation?

THank you for any help.

You can click the button now, nothing will change or happen but do make sure that your modify/change link is working. If the site works as it should when FD drops and you meet the requirements you should be able to add the dining package.

Where did you get your info, because every other website that has been speculating has said 2 day minimum with park hopper?
I haven't seen anything saying 2 day for this year, that was last year and all the years before but everything I have seen this year, it has been the 4 day minimum with park hopper. That is what a lot of the disappointing buzz has been about. Definitely just rumor but this has been the talk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter