2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

@Disney Ron or @black562 (or anyone for that matter). When you find out your information, could you let us know about the minimum # of days on your Park hopper you must have...We were only going to get 2 day park hoppers.

Thanks for all of the info.
Yes! I am also not sure if the min is based on park days or min. number of nights at resort AND park days..

I currently have a standard room only reservation at POP 9/6 to 9/12.

Can I modify the reservation when FD drops or do I have to make a new one?

Yes you should be able to modify, although I have been advised if you experience challenges modifying online to book a new reservation and cancel one of the two at a later date. Phone call wait time can be over an hour to change reservations.

The only other thing I can say at the moment is that values and moderates will get free quick service and deluxe will get the free regular DDP. I'm waiting for resort confirmation.

I will say that I'm 100% sure tomorrow is the drop day so get to bed early this evening. The dates I gave earlier this morning are for the general public release.

Hopefully I'll have more info later today.

Do you have any idea on what time the offer will drop?

You'll have to make a new one as the fd booking is a package.

NO, No, NO! You can change a room only to a package online. You don't have to make a completely new reservation.

I currently have a standard room only reservation at POP 9/6 to 9/12.

Can I modify the reservation when FD drops or do I have to make a new one?

However, whether you can modify is up to the IT gods. Do you have a "change reservation" link that works right now? If so, it SHOULD work tomorrow morning, but if it doesn't, then you'll have to make a new one.

Can anyone on here confirm that they have been able to use their tickets early? This happened to us last year and we were told we MIGHT be able to get someone to activate our park tickets the day before our package started but that they wouldn't guarantee it - said we'd have to go to the concierge. We were at Yacht club so just ended up doing a pool day and not dealing with it but would possibly have to do this again THIS year and really need the extra park day during our room only this time......

I'm curious about this too, also could you do it 2 days early? Our original plan was to arrive on 8/18, I'm fine doing RO for the first night or two, or even staying offsite but I don't want to have to buy separate tickets, that adds up QUICK!

Just wanted to respond to these.. we checked in on thanksgiving 2017 for 2 night room only then on Sat our free dining package started with our 10 day hoppers.. We had dinner ressies in Epcot for Thanksgiving night also my hubs bday and we just went to the Epcot guest services and activated our tickets.

Newbie here...my sister and I have both booked 2-bedroom units from Aug 13-20, 2018, split-stay between Beach Club Villas and Villas at Grand Floridian. Currently we have non-discounted rooms and the Canadian ticket promo. We have a few questions...
  • Neither one of us can see a Modify button on our reservations - why is that?
  • If free dining becomes available for Canadians during our stay, are we forced to call since we don't have the Modify button?
  • Should we consider booking a brand new reservation if the free dining becomes available for our dates? And then we would cancel the original one? Which I'm assuming would mean our deposit could be moved to the new reservation?
  • If we cancel, do we lose our Advanced Dining Reservations? Or can they be moved to the new reservation?
Thanks in advance!

I booked the trip for her on my account, as she is in my Friends and Family list, and I am not currently on the reservation. If I don't end up going on the trip, I'm curious if she is able to do the same for me (i.e., call from her room while she is at Disney, and book the bounce back offer in my name, as we are on each other's accounts). I'm assuming the answer is no, but...
She can't book the ressie in your name, you have to be there to be able to book.
But if she going back with you next year, she can book the room and show you in the room.

Last edited:
Hi my name is Matt and I have been following this thread the best I can for a couple days now. My family of 4 will have our first Disney trip this August 25th - Sept 5th. I have already booked online and have reservations for POP with 10 day hopper plus option tickets. Could one of you experienced folks help me understand what my best option would be to secure free dining for this trip? In addition would I be getting FD for all 11 nights or does it go by number of park tickets? Thanks so much!
be sure and add the dining plan to your reservation now so all you have to do is change it to new offer.

Newbie here...my sister and I have both booked 2-bedroom units from Aug 13-20, 2018, split-stay between Beach Club Villas and Villas at Grand Floridian. Currently we have non-discounted rooms and the Canadian ticket promo. We have a few questions...
  • If free dining becomes available for Canadians during our stay, are we forced to call since we don't have the Modify button?
  • Should we consider booking a brand new reservation if the free dining becomes available for our dates? And then we would cancel the original one? Which I'm assuming would mean our deposit could be moved to the new reservation?
  • If we cancel, do we lose our Advanced Dining Reservations? Or can they be moved to the new reservation?
Thanks in advance!

It actually says Change Reservations, not modify. If you do not have that button check another browser and maybe incognito mode to see if it appears. If not then yes you can call OR you can just do a new reservation, you will have to pay a new deposit till you can get the other one refunded, if you have paid anything else on it, you can call and have that transfered to the new reservation. It does NOT effect your ADR.

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately since you have the Canadian promo tickets you won’t be eligible for FD :(. FD has to be booked as a package that includes tickets

be sure and add the dining plan to your reservation now so all you have to do is change it to new offer.
Is it really necessary to add the plan now or is it just as easy to add it when it drops?

Also, how hard is it to add a few more days to your already booked resv? Thanks!

Yes you should be able to modify, although I have been advised if you experience challenges modifying online to book a new reservation and cancel one of the two at a later date. Phone call wait time can be over an hour to change reservations.
Hi, seeing some conflicting info about what to do if you already have a reservation. I have a current reservation, with park hopper tickets for the dates that are suspected. I do see the change reservation button on my reservation. Would I be able to just add the free dining to this current reservation?

Also, if the hotel I have picked is excluded, is that something that can be done tomorrow while adding the free dining?

Or will I need to make a whole new reservation?

THank you for any help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter