2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

You can keep your reservation and when it hits if WL is excluded you can set up a new reservation pay the deposit and then cancel your other reservation.

this was a reply for abbimorgsmom

Hi there, I am hoping for some guidance. We booked a reservation for the Wilderness Lodge Sept 6-12th with park hoppers in anticipation of hoping for the standard free dining. In reading all these posts, it seems that the Wilderness Lodge might be excluded. Which would totally be a bummer. In anticipation of the release drop of free dining, and wanting the free dining, is it feasible to make a separate reservation at a resort that is not expected to be excluded? And if we do that, would we loose current dining reservations? Thank you for any help. I'm in panic mode.
I wouldn't make another reservation right now if that's what you mean. When fd drops, modify your reservation. If your change button doesn't work, make a new reservation at that point. You will not lose your dining reservations if you cancel your resort reservation.

Joining in!! :earsgirl::earsboy: We have 8 nights planned for September 2-10 for our very first trip to WDW (being from UT we're veterans to Disneyland but never WDW) Really hoping to get the free dining. For anyone who has gotten it in the past, what did your night look like? Did you sleep at all? What time do you start checking?
We did FD in 2011, 2012, 2015, amd 2107. Last year was the first year that I watched and stayed up all night. No I did not sleep, however I could have since it 5:30 before they released it. The other years I knew nothing of this board and I think it’s getting harder to get it too. So I’ll definitely be up!

I’m assuming you can, but does anyone know for sure if you can book a value/quick service and then upgrade to DDP at a later date? We love all the TS restaurants but since this will be a short trip I’m still undecided about making ADRs.

Things are very quiet. There are no rumors to update and my inside source has always said 4/23 as the drop. Now other outlets are saying 4/23 as well but there is no further info in their posts either. Lips have gotten tight on the inside.
Thanks for the update!

I have done that in previous years. Pay the difference in the plan cost
You did it after the fact? If FD drops Monday I will book it with just the QS for now but once reservations open up for December I may change my mind and want DDP. I can modify and pay the upgrade in a few months if I want?

Things are very quiet. There are no rumors to update and my inside source has always said 4/23 as the drop. Now other outlets are saying 4/23 as well but there is no further info in their posts either. Lips have gotten tight on the inside.

Gosh darn it, every time I see you posting, I think maybe just maybe you will say that you're hearing more November dates will be added.

I’m assuming you can, but does anyone know for sure if you can book a value/quick service and then upgrade to DDP at a later date? We love all the TS restaurants but since this will be a short trip I’m still undecided about making ADRs.

This is what we always do. FD with QS and upgrade later. You can upgrade up until technically 3 days before arrival (but we usually do a week, just in case). It gives us some more time to save up and pay later. In fact, we do this even when paying for the dining plan- add it last minute.

The last couple of years it has been the last Monday in April. This is where it gets interesting. The last Monday in those years has been the 4th week. This year there are 5 Mondays so has it been based on the week of the 23rd (ish) or the last Monday. I love it! :) Again, we all monitor it so no worries there. Only worry always is what gets excluded. Have a great night folks!

Gosh darn it, every time I see you posting, I think maybe just maybe you will say that you're hearing more November dates will be added.
SO, Jersey Week is 11/3 and then Veteran's Day lead to what I feel would be the first possible date of 11/12. Now, from what I hear, there is lower than usual occupancy levels in the first couple weeks of November at CBR and CSR. I think it would be very unlikely to see them stretch it out past 11/17. So the question remains, is there a significant need to fill rooms during that week? It seems the cheerleaders arrive earlier each year at CSR the week of Thanksgiving and that may be enough with the fill in. My gut tells me there's more dates we haven't seen yet. That could be RO 11/12 to 11/17.

May I ask a dumb question?? :) I'm renting DVC points at the BRV at the WL - free dining isn't offered for DVC owners, is it? (It would be awesome if it was, but I'm guessing the answer is "ha ha - no...")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter