2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Has anyone gone in to modify their free dining reservation yet? I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my current reservation, but forgot to add something when I was checking out

OK question for those that have been to both....Excuse my delirium as I stayed up all night last night for the Free Dining Drop and then only got 3 hrs after. I switched from ASMO to POP as FD was not offered at ASMO. I saved $300 and didn't have to change my dates. My question is...in checking tonight I can get AllStarsSports cheaper than POP. Do I switch? Has Sports been refurbished? We have never stayed there, but we have at POP and we loved it! But we usually try to stay somewhere different.

OK question for those that have been to both....Excuse my delirium as I stayed up all night last night for the Free Dining Drop and then only got 3 hrs after. I switched from ASMO to POP as FD was not offered at ASMO. I saved $300 and didn't have to change my dates. My question is...in checking tonight I can get AllStarsSports cheaper than POP. Do I switch? Has Sports been refurbished? We have never stayed there, but we have at POP and we loved it! But we usually try to stay somewhere different.
AS Sports will be cheaper if staying in the same room type. And no, AS Sports has NOT be refurbished. We love Pop Century, and since it's been refurbished, I'd stick with POP Century. We are staying 10 nights in September, and we could save almost $200 if we switched to AS Sports.

Has anyone gone in to modify their free dining reservation yet? I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my current reservation, but forgot to add something when I was checking out

I modified earlier today to add Magical Express, no problem, got a new email confirmation with the same reservation number and details, with ME added.

I got everything booked this morning with no problems. When I logged into my MDE account tonight I noticed that my daughter is listed three times. Does anyone know how to delete the extras?

haven't sat down to read the numerous pages since the early morning hours. i can say i didn't sleep much or wel, woke up and waited for the anticipated drop...the excitement of actually getting to modify the reservation on line vs the phone was amazing(this from someone that has in the past, waited on the phone for hours). everything done and booked by 4:23am cst. was able to keep the room/resort and have dd. for 2 rooms at Pop-Dec8-15! the excitement set in and i was unable to sleep so i was up for the day. was able to snag another reservation for my sister9hubby and 2 boys) her face when she saw the deposit made and HER Disney vacation -priceless! tears included. thanks for the conversations through the night-hope everyone was granted a bit of pixy dust and got what they needed.

See my question beneath...I'm cautious to as well!
I'm waiting a few days (maybe a week?) until the IT glitches are worked out, as I would like to pay the difference to upgrade to the regular dining plan.

Even so, my last trip there was a glitch in MDE...when we got to our resort, our account didn't reflect that we had upgraded from quick service to the regular dining plan. They fixed everything for us, but it was stressful! Be sure to double check everything!

I'm usually right on the spot when FD drops but this year I am slacking. I didn't even find out until I was at work, stuck proctoring end of year exams. Good times... I tried when I got home at 3-ish CST, and there wasn't a lot to be had, but I managed to get us in at Saratoga Springs.:woohoo: I may check back in the coming weeks to see what else pops up, but we've never stayed at SSR before so either way I will be happy.

I was able to get AKL with FD...
Very excited until I saw the price of airfare from Chicago on November 25th. Over a hundred dollars more per person.

Yes, I booked a Standard room at Pop right at 5am this morning. Then around 10am I clicked the change reservation button and modified it to a Preferred room. The website was just coming back up after being bogged down for most of the morning so it was a little slow, but it modified to what I wanted with no issues. :)

My TA was able to get FD for my family, of 6, and I on this upcoming trip (we are taking a child under 3 to make it 7 people but he technically doesn't count in Disney standards) this evening, she did it at around 4pm I think. We're staying in an AoA Family Suite, with the theme of the suite to be determined later, I guess at check-in or something. But even with us having to add on a day of park-hoppers, we only originally had planned on doing 3-day ones for our stay, and with upgrading the QSP to a DDP, it still saved us around $621

This year's dining package includes alcohol. If I use my daughter's credit (adult credit) to get myself some food, am I eligible to order alcohol for myself?

I modified earlier today to add Magical Express, no problem, got a new email confirmation with the same reservation number and details, with ME added.
I didn't even think to check if ME was on my reservation. Ill have to check that...

My pleasure everyone. BTW at 4:19 this morning my source texted me to call him. I did not see his text until 5:15 and called him and he gave me all the resort info I was waiting for. So I quickly come to this thread to let everyone know my new info and realized FD has dropped 20 minutes earlier so there was no need for me to post the info.

Oh well I'm really happy for everyone.
Your help is greatly appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter