2020 ticket sales??

Thanks so much for the reply. I might get a wild hair and go this weekend. One never knows. I'm scared about Splash Mountain. I want to ride it at least 5 times before it's no longer Splash Mountain.

DVC members could buy tickets yesterday. When I looked at the dates, all parks and all dates for 2020 were available. If you purchased an annual pass you would need to pick your park days too. All my park days had to be consecutive up to 7 days.

But are annual passes available for DVC members ? I can't seem to find them online anywhere...

Need to buy tickets to select our park days for our May 2021 trip, need to buy annual passes ....

But are annual passes available for DVC members ? I can't seem to find them online anywhere...

Need to buy tickets to select our park days for our May 2021 trip, need to buy annual passes ....
’ve read that people are buying tickets and turning them into annual passes at the gate but I can’t find any link to purchase an annual pass in the Disney website. I haven’t read about anyone who actually upgraded their tickets, just that they planned to.

We were short one AP because I didn't purchase them all at the same time. Who knew this would happen?
I ended up buying a ticket for the length of stay so I could book our park reservations. I plan to upgrade that ticket once it is used next spring.
You will only have a problem if you need more than 10 days because that is the max. and I know it is less than the AP even with the discount.

We were short one AP because I didn't purchase them all at the same time. Who knew this would happen?
I ended up buying a ticket for the length of stay so I could book our park reservations. I plan to upgrade that ticket once it is used next spring.
You will only have a problem if you need more than 10 days because that is the max. and I know it is less than the AP even with the discount.

I have thought about that too, but we are staying for 14 days ...

I have thought about that too, but we are staying for 14 days ...
So you're caught between a rock and a hard place.
Just curious, what did you decide to do? I don't know if I would wait or just take the 10 and hope they let me upgrade over the phone when the APs become available.
I've seen some people post they think they will allow that. Uncharted territory so it's a gamble either way. I know someone in a similar situation and they bought the ticket now so they at least know they have the park days they want. Good luck.

So you're caught between a rock and a hard place.
Just curious, what did you decide to do? I don't know if I would wait or just take the 10 and hope they let me upgrade over the phone when the APs become available.
I've seen some people post they think they will allow that. Uncharted territory so it's a gamble either way. I know someone in a similar situation and they bought the ticket now so they at least know they have the park days they want. Good luck.
Still in Limbo ... lol. So I guess that means I'm still holding out for APs ... ugh.

I bet I will crack at some point and buy 10 days.

I cancelled my AP's but am looking to prepurchase new ones. I suspect that it may be a while before they are on sale again due to limited park capacity. I'm also anticipating a price increase when they do return

I cancelled my AP's but am looking to prepurchase new ones. I suspect that it may be a while before they are on sale again due to limited park capacity. I'm also anticipating a price increase when they do return
I would be furious with Disney if they raised the prices on APs given the situation with limited access.

still waiting as well on any 2020 Length of Stay options :( aka Greater than 7 day passes. Ah well. Perhaps sometime this fall.

somehow I knew I would find this on the boards..

4 of us have annual passes... but for the 5& 6 guest, i was only able to purchase the 7 day pass, but I need 8. i was hoping the chat CM was wrong but it sounds like he's not. He did tell me I would need to purchase a whole other 1 day ticket. wow..thats the difference of roughly 20 dollars vs 120 dollars...

somehow I knew I would find this on the boards..

4 of us have annual passes... but for the 5& 6 guest, i was only able to purchase the 7 day pass, but I need 8. i was hoping the chat CM was wrong but it sounds like he's not. He did tell me I would need to purchase a whole other 1 day ticket. wow..thats the difference of roughly 20 dollars vs 120 dollars...
That's what my TA said too. She suggested going to Guest Services once we arrive at the park and see if they'll let us add a day.

I would be furious with Disney if they raised the prices on APs given the situation with limited access.
I would be beyond furious. Not only because AP's (even/especially those paying for no blackout dates) can't go whenever they want. Prices have more than doubled in the past 6 years, and went up 3 additional times for a total of over $200 more between October 2018 and the end of 2019, right? I've been back since they reopened, and the no park hopping part was by far the worst part of the experience. I didn't mind that like 75% of food/drink/ice cream stands were closed, or that there weren't any shows/parades/fireworks, or having to wear a mask, or that parks were closing at 7pm but by 2pm I was ready to leave because there was nothing to do. Not being able to leave one park for another took way more away from the value & experience than I'd thought it would. If they're going to raise AP's from $1200+ to even higher, with all of those restrictions still in place, I can't imagine anyone would pay that. Disney charges what the market will allow them to charge - they don't raise prices because they need the money and they don't give us additional discounts to be nice. I'm letting mine play out right now but every CM I've talked to has strongly encouraged me to renew, and there's just no way. It's not the same product.

I'm watching for Disney to release more than just FL resident ticket discounts, because right now I'm attending a private event at Disney in November (it of course requires park tickets and a park reservation) and my AP will be expired by then. The event hasn't been cancelled (yet) but especially after having visited using my current pass, I'm not paying full price to go in November. :confused3

...Prices have more than doubled in the past 6 years, and went up 3 additional times for a total of over $200 more between October 2018 and the end of 2019, right? ...

I totally understand the feelings. I also understand that the "right?" In the post is meant to be rhetorical, But the "data guy" in my head just can't let this go by without some comment.

It is not "right".

In 2013, (we can count that as either 6 or 7 years at this point), a Platinum AP cost $729. In 2019, after all the increases (that part of the statement is correct), the same AP cost $1219. So an increase of $490. Sizable, but not double. The 2019 version of the AP also includes all PhotoPass downloads for a full year - something the 2013 version did not have (not that that service justifies any increase).

You have to go back to 2008 to find a Platinum AP that is less than half the price ($599) of the current AP. So it's doubled in 11/12 years, which is bad enough, but not in 6.

The data analyst has been mollified now. Sorry for the intrusion. Carry on.

Steve

I totally understand the feelings. I also understand that the "right?" In the post is meant to be rhetorical, But the "data guy" in my head just can't let this go by without some comment.

It is not "right".

In 2013, (we can count that as either 6 or 7 years at this point), a Platinum AP cost $729. In 2019, after all the increases (that part of the statement is correct), the same AP cost $1219. So an increase of $490. Sizable, but not double. The 2019 version of the AP also includes all PhotoPass downloads for a full year - something the 2013 version did not have (not that that service justifies any increase).

You have to go back to 2008 to find a Platinum AP that is less than half the price ($599) of the current AP. So it's doubled in 11/12 years, which is bad enough, but not in 6.

The data analyst has been mollified now. Sorry for the intrusion. Carry on.

Steve
I paid $560 for my first AP, in 2014. Must’ve been the AAA price? I remember this because my parents had a conniption when I bought it, lol. You can argue that we don’t get the full value with photopass since we have to wear masks & there aren’t meet & greets now, though I will say when they added it I thought it was dumb but I love having it now (or I did pre-pandemic!).

Could well be a discounted price. Could also be a different type of AP - reg vs premium? The numbers I have are for direct from Disney, and I was going off the Platinum AP since that's the one that's currently $1200.

Agree on the PhotoPass comment. I don't think I ever thought it was dumb, but I do remember doing some rough analysis on it and deciding that the incremental cost to Disney for a couple years' storage of photos was in the $1-2 range per AP. Very low cost that they compare to the $169 they charge for Memory Maker. I too didn't think we'd use it much, but with larger family trips and young grandkids, we use it all the time (or did, anyway).

Steve

I have an 8 day stay starting August 27th, and bought a 7 day ticket package but wanted an AP. I guess that I’ll call Disney a day or two before leaving to see if they were selling AP’s yet. If not, I’ll check at guest relations both the first day and the last day to see if AP’s were available. The only disappointment that I’ll have if I get the AP during my trip would be no free photopass, but with 2 more trips during the year that my AP would be active, I won’t complain too much.

I have an 8 day stay starting August 27th, and bought a 7 day ticket package but wanted an AP. I guess that I’ll call Disney a day or two before leaving to see if they were selling AP’s yet. If not, I’ll check at guest relations both the first day and the last day to see if AP’s were available. The only disappointment that I’ll have if I get the AP during my trip would be no free photopass, but with 2 more trips during the year that my AP would be active, I won’t complain too much.

You'll still get all your Photopass photos. If you are able to convert your ticket to an AP during your trip, even after you've used some days on that ticket, the AP will begin on the first day the upgraded ticket was used. Once the AP is active, any Photopass pictures taken in the previous year will appear and will be available for download.

The Photopass portion of the AP is not like Memory Maker - it does not start on or after the date of purchase/ticket use. With an AP, you always have 365 days to download a picture, even if that picture was taken prior to activating the AP.

Steve

Thanks for the clarification. I attended Moonlight Magic in January and March 3 (my only Disney trips in the last year), so I should be able to download those, also.

Thanks for the clarification. I attended Moonlight Magic in January and March 3 (my only Disney trips in the last year), so I should be able to download those, also.

Yes. Those photos *should* show up. That's the way it's supposed to work. As with pretty much anything at Disney, YMMV.

But I've had photos that were taken in December when I didn't have an AP (and had disappeared from my account after the standard 45 days) show back up the next October when I activated an AP.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter