2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted I realize I have been away for a while but the F&W Festival is a shell of what it used to be.:sad1:
I've been saying for ages now that it's the least interesting festival for food now, ironically. I think it's a victim of its own success. I still go and enjoy it, don't get me wrong, and I'm excited to try out the items. But it has become very samey, playing it safe variations on meat and potatoes a lot of the time. I think because it's the most popular and they don't want to "scare" people too much. I also dearly miss the seminars, they were really the highlight of the festival to me. I used to book F&W trips just to see Chef Carla Hall from The Chew.

Granted I realize I have been away for a while but the F&W Festival is a shell of what it used to be.:sad1:
Definitely agree with this. I had to review the menus twice at first, thought they accidentally posted the ones from last year! There are some new things, mostly drinks, but many booths are the same as last year.

I also don't understand why they don't bring back the special lunches, those don't need the construction to be completed since most of them were at the various countries around WS or in World Showplace. I can't imagine those didn't make decent money. I feel like we're still doing a Taste of Food and Wine from 2021 instead of the real thing.

I also don't understand why they don't bring back the special lunches, those don't need the construction to be completed since most of them were at the various countries around WS or in World Showplace. I can't imagine those didn't make decent money. I feel like we're still doing a Taste of Food and Wine from 2021 instead of the real thing.
I really miss the breakfast in France, was always a highlight for us.

So comparing to last year, it looks like 4 booths have been eliminated, however there are 4 new booths being added later this fall. I'm shocked they got rid of Mac n Eats, that booth had such long lines last year! I just hope "later this fall" includes September!
What are the four? Appleseed Orchard, Mac & Eats, Earth Eats, and ??? I agree that I'm somewhat underwhelmed by number of new items. The focaccia with meatball and burrata sure sounds good in Italy but that booth disappoints every year. I always like Mexico and Japan -- both those booths seem to switch it up with items and drinks every year and the menus look good to me.

This used to be my favorite festival and it's probably my least favorite now. It needs something more than "just" the booths because they've made them such a standard part of the EPCOT experience at this point.

I NEED the cheeseburger coasters. That set is unbelievably adorable. I hope they ordered enough.

What I would give for tequila lunch or wine vs. beer lunch. The good old days.......

Making my way through the menus and the Muppet booth with the wings is making me take back what I just said about them always playing it too safe. Scotch Bonnet Pepper Wings...lol they are trying to kill these people. I can't wait to try them. :rotfl2:

Let's also remember we have four new booths coming that we don't know the menus for yet - that's what I'm excited for!
I really really hope they will be open for Labor Day weekend when I go but something tells me they are holding them back for whenever Journey of Water opens.

What are the four? Appleseed Orchard, Mac & Eats, Earth Eats, and ??? I agree that I'm somewhat underwhelmed by number of new items. The focaccia with meatball and burrata sure sounds good in Italy but that booth disappoints every year. I always like Mexico and Japan -- both those booths seem to switch it up with items and drinks every year and the menus look good to me.

This used to be my favorite festival and it's probably my least favorite now. It needs something more than "just" the booths because they've made them such a standard part of the EPCOT experience at this point.

I NEED the cheeseburger coasters. That set is unbelievably adorable. I hope they ordered enough.

What I would give for tequila lunch or wine vs. beer lunch. The good old days.......
Those coasters are ADORABLE! And I want too!

Also the Swanky Saucy Swine was removed. Yeah, it looks like while there are new items (I counted 54), the majority of them are new drinks, so many of the booths are the same as last year.
Yeah, we still love going to F&W, but after going to FARTs this year I think that is definitely my favorite festival now. Although I haven't been to the Festival of the Holidays yet, but will this year and can't wait to see it!
Ok, I totally thought that was a toy when I first saw it, I had a toy set just like it when I was a kid. I also really want to get them!
Right? Just give us some events, I'm ok with not all of them coming back yet, but just some would make such a difference!

I really really hope they will be open for Labor Day weekend when I go but something tells me they are holding them back for whenever Journey of Water opens.

I'm getting there the day before Labor Day so I'm right there with ya!

Also, is it a fool's dream to think we got a shot that they open Journey of Water early??

Also the Swanky Saucy Swine was removed. Yeah, it looks like while there are new items (I counted 54), the majority of them are new drinks, so many of the booths are the same as last year.
I just got done counting and got the same. And of the 54, 60% (32) are beverages. Then of the 22 food items, 16 are savory and 6 are sweet. I am excited about the hot beef sandwich (great timing if they planned it to parallel the show The Bear on Hulu), chilaquiles (though an odd festival choice to me), the 2 Mexico items, 2 Japan items, and a steak taco at Flavors from Fire. And, of course, I have my returning faves- cheese soup, pork slider, samosa, kebobs.

I just got done counting and got the same. And of the 54, 60% (32) are beverages. Then of the 22 food items, 16 are savory and 6 are sweet. I am excited about the hot beef sandwich (great timing if they planned it to parallel the show The Bear on Hulu), chilaquiles (though an odd festival choice to me), the 2 Mexico items, 2 Japan items, and a steak taco at Flavors from Fire. And, of course, I have my returning faves- cheese soup, pork slider, samosa, kebobs.
Oh yeah, there are definitely some new items on my must try list, and although we don't have full menus of the 4 new booths, the items listed under Emile's Fromage Montage for the Wine & Wedge booth look really good too so I am crossing my fingers that those booths are open in time for my trip!

Oh yeah, there are definitely some new items on my must try list, and although we don't have full menus of the 4 new booths, the items listed under Emile's Fromage Montage for the Wine & Wedge booth look really good too so I am crossing my fingers that those booths are open in time for my trip!
Yes - those do look promising. You're reminding me ... remember back when, in that area kinda behind Refreshment Port and the temp Starbucks, they used to have the booth with charcuterie and wine flights and also a chocolate booth with that nitro dessert? And it was all under twinkle lights? Ugh. I miss that. Atmosphere (esp. at night) and food were A+. They really should just let this thread plan the festivals going forward. We'd crush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter