2023 Point Charts Released

Which should mean that the same GV in another time of the year went down, so for someone who bought for that time period, they think they are getting a great deal now.

Win some, lose some.

That is one aspect of the POS I use when I compare to when I bought and with each change that happens.

For example, I think it says my 175 at RIV will get me at least 6 nights a year in a SV studio. I then see when I need to travel yo maximize my use.

As you mention, it can require a change in travel times so I hope to see if any 2023 changes impact a big change in room size or dates for my situation.

Which should mean that the same GV in another time of the year went down, so for someone who bought for that time period, they think they are getting a great deal now.

Win some, lose some.
Actually... the point chart for OKW in 2008/2009 had GVs bookable for 36 points per night Sun-Thu in Adventure Season (Jan 1-31, Sep 1-30, Dec 1-14).
In 2023, the cheapest time period is Sep 1-30, and the Sun-Thu points per night is 46 points, requiring 50 more points for 5 days, or 10 points more per night. You can no longer book a GV at any point in the year for 36 points per night at OKW. So, no, no one who books GVs is getting a good deal anymore, because it didn't go down for anyone: just up, and the cheapest period is now one month, instead of 2 1/2.

And December 1-14 in 2023 costs 53 points/night for Sun-Thu, for a total of 256 points, instead of the 180 it used to cost.

Actually... the point chart for OKW in 2008/2009 had GVs bookable for 36 points per night Sun-Thu in Adventure Season (Jan 1-31, Sep 1-30, Dec 1-14).
In 2023, the cheapest time period is Sep 1-30, and the Sun-Thu points per night is 46 points, requiring 50 more points for 5 days, or 10 points more per night. You can no longer book a GV at any point in the year for 36 points per night at OKW. So, no, no one who books GVs is getting a good deal anymore, because it didn't go down for anyone: just up, and the cheapest period is now one month, instead of 2 1/2.

And December 1-14 in 2023 costs 53 points/night for Sun-Thu, for a total of 256 points, instead of the 180 it used to cost.
Were those 36 point nights weeknights? How much were the corresponding weekend nights?

That would have been back when there was a big difference in weeknights vs weekends. The cheapest weekend was 88 pts/night.

Looks like my 7 night trip this Oct 2022 at 316 pts will go up 11 more points for 2023 at 327 pts.

Looks like all the times I plan to stay a few nights in my RIV 1 bedrooms are pretty much the same, My early Feb dates are down a point but early Dec is up 1 points.

I do like that all of September is now the same as it gives more flexibility for F &W trips.

When we purchased BLT in 2010, a week in October for a 1 bedroom theme park view was 287 points. With the changes the last couple of years, it is not 347!

With the change to the early May chart (287), looks like we may travel then or in January (same point requirement)

John

When we purchased BLT in 2010, a week in October for a 1 bedroom theme park view was 287 points. With the changes the last couple of years, it is not 347!

With the change to the early May chart (287), looks like we may travel then or in January (same point requirement)

John
So the reallocation is working, and DVC management is accomplishing what they are required to do i.e. balance demand through the year.

The only reason they convert resort rooms at ANY resort is because of occupancy number. VGF occupancy numbers must be down for them to convert rooms. (And at $800-1000 a night for that resort I am not surprised.)

I looked at BWV standard room "rates" from F&W seasons 2020 to 2023. This is for a full week:
2020: 78 points
2021: 90 points
2022: 97 points
2023: 104 points

That's a 25% increase in 3 years for F&W season. Ouch. As someone that owns 75 points for F&W I went from a 7-night stay to a 5-night stay annually if I can get a standard room.
Pool/Garden/Boardwalk view went from a107 points to 130 points in the same timeframe, so not as big an increase but pretty big nonetheless and at best I can do 4 nights in a standard view room.

Disappointing for sure.

That explains why I have been feeling the squeeze lately (the points don't seem to stretch as far as they used to). I always thought the std view studio was a real bargain at 10 points (S-Th).
We first bought our BWV points almost 20 years ago so we could attend the F&W fest (and the nice weather as compared to the summer). I suppose we could try a different time frame since we are now retired.

I’ve only booked Poly once, so I have no direct experience, but my impression is the same as yours, that Poly isn’t that hard to book. It’s definitely not like CCV!
Yeah. I’m a poly owner and I just booked the week leading into July 4th in a standard view studio with no problem even though it’s inside 7 months. The other weird thing about the poly is that the lake view rooms seem to book up faster then the standard view rooms. I can’t quite figure out why that is.

So no times went down for the OKW GV? If not then that most likely means they're allocating across units again I'm relatively certain although I'd have to review the unit declarations.

I wish they would read the POS.

So no times went down for the OKW GV? If not then that most likely means they're allocating across units again I'm relatively certain although I'd have to review the unit declarations.

When was the weekend to weekday reallocation? Those 36 point nights were weeknights. If it was before the weekend to weekday reallocation, you’d have to look at the 7-night total and compare that to nowadays.

That would have been back when there was a big difference in weeknights vs weekends. The cheapest weekend was 88 pts/night.
Here it is. So no, that 2008-2009 comparison doesn’t show they reallocated across units. Doesn’t prove they didn’t but is not a good comparison year.

When was the weekend to weekday reallocation? Those 36 point nights were weeknights. If it was before the weekend to weekday reallocation, you’d have to look at the 7-night total and compare that to nowadays.

Here it is. So no, that 2008-2009 comparison doesn’t show they reallocated across units. Doesn’t prove they didn’t but is not a good comparison year.

Wasn't that in 2011? Or maybe 2010?

The GV's went down for the same dates that other rooms went down. The moving around of seasons was across the board.

Just to clarify to newcomers to the joy of points reallocation. DVC has reallocated points across units in the past, the most egregious example is the THV.
But after we pointed out to management that it is probably illegal they have stopped doing so (and rolled back a reallocation that did that, among other nasty things).
It might be a coincidence.
Or it might be that they realised they screwed big time and they hope no one complains for the past.
Or it might be they are now unsure if it's illegal or not, so better play it safe.

Lowest point season after the reallocation was 46 points in Adventure, about what September is now. Still went from having 2.5 months with GVs at 46 points weekdays to only 30 days, however.
Chances are it’s within the rules of the POS - I haven’t done the math but they probably spread out GV points more evenly across weekday/weekend and across seasons, but doesn’t mean it’s not disappointing to those who expected to be able to book low point weekday GVs for 2.5 months a year, especially when the points had remained relatively the same for a decade+.

I will pay more for TPV! It will be interesting to see how many actual rooms there end up being. I bet they go fast!

Now I know how many points I’ll need to add!
Currently there are 28 rooms in that building sold as TPV. They’re the rooms at the end of the hall, facing CR. 7 on each floor, except the 5th, which doesn’t extend that far.

The Here with the Ears video of a GF Theme Park View room is from a room in Big Pine Key so you can get a video walk through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter