$207 Base for VGF2. Great incentives!

I guess I just don't get why they went with it vs. the mini fridge. I know some think it is the same, but it is clearly different than what went into the reno of VGF1 studios.
Yeah I agree.. and I feel like most decent hotel rooms have a mini fridge, not a bev cooler… so shouldn’t these studios at least have that? This is supposed to be home away from home- but I think about when my kids were very little and having a fridge for milk/dairy items was important. Maybe they will switch them over time if they get the feedback? Probably wishful thinking…

Yeah I agree.. and I feel like most decent hotel rooms have a mini fridge, not a bev cooler… so shouldn’t these studios at least have that? This is supposed to be home away from home- but I think about when my kids were very little and having a fridge for milk/dairy items was important. Maybe they will switch them over time if they get the feedback? Probably wishful thinking…
Maybe if you call the front desk and ask for a refrigerator due to some special need you might be able to get one brought up.

I definitely will give feedback once I try to stay there. I am thinking of trying it in July because its one night and the cost will be the same as the deluxe studio I am booked in...

I wanted to let people know that DVC did indeed put back my 30 borrowed SSR points in my Dec UY because I purchased my June UY points to cover the July trip which was using them. My guide yesterday was not sure if they would because they were different memberships, but they did!!

And, it looks like they are allowed to move banked points from one membership to the other when you own both! Once I had the borrowed points returned, I had 3 RIV resale points left that were banked and expiring November 30th, so figure I'd lose them.

Well, she moved them to my Aug UY membership which is where my direct RIV points are and reallocated these banked points into that trip! Woohoo for me!!! Its been a great two days!!!

Added 150 points yesterday and we're very excited about it- already have a 1BR booked for January (sorry prior owners; not interested in the new studios; we are coming for your 1BRs 🤣).

Although I wish I'd seen this thread and the little heads up about the title insurance before talking to my guide! It's not a lot of $, but it's more than zero. Going to see if we can waive that now.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the beverage coolers use less electricity and are more environmentally friendly than the mini fridges. Disney gets internal grades on how green they are and this move might be an effort to meet an internal goal to reduce power consumption or some other green initiative. I think it is a poor choice to put these in DVC rooms, and I hope they reverse this decision based on owner feedback.

Can someone explain this title insurance thing? Also, how much is it usually adding to the final sale price?

Can someone explain this title insurance thing? Also, how much is it usually adding to the final sale price?

It is adding less that $200 to my closing costs and I decided not to worry about it.

I think the reason that people say you don’t need it for direct sales because you are buying from the developer and there should be no title issues yet.

How many points are you adding, I believe title insurance is based on cost.

It is adding less that $200 to my closing costs and I decided not to worry about it.

I think the reason that people say you don’t need it for direct sales because you are buying from the developer and there should be no title issues yet.

I think dvc nailed the resort studios and they look nicer than the concepts. The bathroom is way better than I was expecting althoughvstanding shower would have been nice vs tub combo.

I will concede there is space for a nuke and given the bar area pretty silly there is no microwave.

I think I prefer the decor though to deluxe. I have a lake deluxe booked for sept. Tempted to change to resort studios.

I remember in college that they use to have a refrigerator/microwave combo available for each room, might be a good fit here.

I will concede there is space for a nuke and given the bar area pretty silly there is no microwave.
We see these popping up in moderate hotel chains everywhere:

Obviously the actual finish matches the rest of the cabinetry in the specific application by using matching cabinet door and drawer faces, hardware and handles/pulls (matching color, wood grain, architectural detail, etc.), but that is at least a representation of what other hotels are doing to incorporate some conveniences with a minimal footprint, while not sacrificing significant floor space. I've seen some that have an upper door as well, so that both the fridge nor microwave are concealed. That particular unit is 18"x24", or 3 square feet and referred to as a "pantry cabinet".

I think dvc nailed the resort studios and they look nicer than the concepts. The bathroom is way better than I was expecting althoughvstanding shower would have been nice vs tub combo.

I think I prefer the decor though to deluxe. I have a lake deluxe booked for sept. Tempted to change to resort studios.
Please book VGF2. That room is waiting for you!

I like the new studios. Love the Mary Poppins theme. They will work quite well to start off a split stay for the two of us. 3 nights near the MK is plenty for me.

Re the video: Does anyone know what the item was above the safe in the closet?
Steamer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter