$207 Base for VGF2. Great incentives!

Re the video: Does anyone know what the item was above the safe in the closet?
At first I thought it was the carrying case for a CPAP machine, then I realized it was a model room, not his room! :rotfl2:So no, I have no idea what it might be. Guess I don't stay in enough first class hotels.

Wow, this is lower than resale has been for quite some time.

I know everyone is all excited WOW YAY CHEAP. But now I'm worried about the value of my points. What is DVC doing? This puts years worth of buyers at multiple resorts underwater because resale is being undercut by the developer trying to fling cheap points.

DVC has many tools they can use to undercut resale and devalue points. This wasn't historically DVC's strategy. In fact, DVC's strategy was the reverse, to hold value with ROFR and price new stuff higher and higher. And so, points went higher and higher. Pricing this cheap is a reversal of strategy IMO and this is not a good sign for the long term plans by DVC, assuming you care about the value of your points.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-january-2022/
Eh, blue card benefits basically no longer exist, they don’t even sell annual passes. It makes sense that resale and direct would be close in price. What’s the difference?

Eh, blue card benefits basically no longer exist, they don’t even sell annual passes. It makes sense that resale and direct would be close in price. What’s the difference?

The use at new resorts. But, while the APs are suspended right now, there are still discounts available and a few perks. And, if the AP program was discounted, whose to say DPEP won’t create a deal for DVC members to offer discounted tickets.

Regardless, direct makes you eligible for any that do come along. Resale does not. So, there is a difference.

Of course, those differences may or may not be worth the extra, as everyone is different.

And to add to @Sandisw 's post, direct points are available immediately as opposed to waiting months for resale points. Direct contracts (usually) come with the current UY's points and pro-rated first year's dues. Resale contracts can be fully loaded but more often than not they are partially or fully stripped of points. Dues are negotiable on resale contracts but owners often want 100% of the current UY's dues if you're getting 100% of the points.

I'm a resale gal from the get go but even I recognize that when the resale vs direct margin is slim, direct makes more sense for a lot of people.

I think dvc nailed the resort studios and they look nicer than the concepts. The bathroom is way better than I was expecting althoughvstanding shower would have been nice vs tub combo.

I will concede there is space for a nuke and given the bar area pretty silly there is no microwave.

I think I prefer the decor though to deluxe. I have a lake deluxe booked for sept. Tempted to change to resort studios.
I totally agree on all points! I’m kind disappointed in the all of the plaid at the deluxe studios. I even like the bathroom. I do wish it had an extra shower. But, at least there is a door separating the shower and sink area. So pretty! I’m debating if I should book 2 resort studios instead of the 2 bedroom. I’m not sure if it’s worth losing the kitchen and living area and I would only save about 30 points. But, I might just do it to try it! 🤔

It is adding less that $200 to my closing costs and I decided not to worry about it.

I think the reason that people say you don’t need it for direct sales because you are buying from the developer and there should be no title issues yet.
But, if I’m breaking my points up into 3-4 contracts, will it save me $600-800?

But, if I’m breaking my points up into 3-4 contracts, will it save me $600-800?
I think on my 150 point contract the title insurance is ~$178, and on the 50 point contract it is ~$60. Amounts aren’t huge as Sandisw said but I’ll take it. Based on these two data points my guess is $1.20/point? But a few more data points would help to establish if there’s a fixed amount and a per point amount.

Edit to add: it’s the document fee of $250 that really hurts per contract! Same regardless of point size.

I am going to assume so but honestly, don’t know for sure.

That would change things for me too!
You’ve been so knowledgeable. Can you help me with another question? I was told I couldn’t do 3 - 100 point contracts since I want to add my husband’s name to the membership so he gets the blue card. Do you know if I still qualify for the same incentives if I do 1-150 point with both of our names and then do 2 - 75 or 3 - 50 point in just my name? Or, do the names have to match on all contracts to qualify for the 300 point incentive? My guide isn’t working until Sunday.
I was totally fine missing out on the luggage yesterday (I actually thought it was a little ugly and wouldn’t use it anyway), but now I’m experiencing FOMO because I didn’t see the little gold inscriptions on the front. Oh well, I’ll be fine without luggage!

The use at new resorts. But, while the APs are suspended right now, there are still discounts available and a few perks. And, if the AP program was discounted, whose to say DPEP won’t create a deal for DVC members to offer discounted tickets.

Regardless, direct makes you eligible for any that do come along. Resale does not. So, there is a difference.

Of course, those differences may or may not be worth the extra, as everyone is different.
I will admit, it was very nice seeing Riviera show up (not for a glitch) in my "book a resort" tool today!

You’ve been so knowledgeable. Can you help me with another question? I was told I couldn’t do 3 - 100 point contracts since I want to add my husband’s name to the membership so he gets the blue card. Do you know if I still qualify for the same incentives if I do 1-150 point with both of our names and then do 2 - 75 or 3 - 50 point in just my name? Or, do the names have to match on all contracts to qualify for the 300 point incentive? My guide isn’t working until Sunday.
I was totally fine missing out on the luggage yesterday (I actually thought it was a little ugly and wouldn’t use it anyway), but now I’m experiencing FOMO because I didn’t see the little gold inscriptions on the front. Oh well, I’ll be fine without luggage!

I know for sure you will get the 300 point incentive for the ones with DH's name. I got it for adding on 150 to my Dec UY and then doing a new UY for June. I didn't think they would but no issues. And, I got the two contracts today to sign and it showed the incentive correctly.

I also know that I got membership incentives when I bought RIV with my children who were not yet owners (all of our other contracts were just DH and I ). So, the fact you are an owner, should qualify you for all of it because you are buying at the same time...well, except the luggage.

I will admit, it was very nice seeing Riviera show up (not for a glitch) in my "book a resort" tool today!

It was nice seeing my white identification card in my Dec UY become a temporary blue card as soon as those new points were loaded today. Now I have three UY's but all of them have direct qualified points...which means no matter what membership I book a trip on, it would be eligible for Moonlight magic

So I got a little peeved off that there were no 2021 points and not allowed fixed week in the 1 bedrooms. I decided to try the resale market and see what was going on there. I put in some offers for BLT at 150ish and no-one was biting. So I went ahead and got 314 points today (I was going to get 300 so decided to just get 2 of the 157 point fixed weeks). Guide says I have 10 days after we SIGN the documents so I will drag my feet a little with that and see if there is a resale that will play ball between now and then. I do think that in 3 years these points will resale more than they are currently selling for, so I think the downside is minimal. Maybe 20% haircut if I have to sell in 3-4 months (which means I would have much greater worries than DVC at that point). Hesitating did cost me the luggage. If anybody doesn't want there set or is getting 2 and wants to sell me a set drop me a PM.

So I got a little peeved off that there were no 2021 points and not allowed fixed week in the 1 bedrooms. I decided to try the resale market and see what was going on there. I put in some offers for BLT at 150ish and no-one was biting. So I went ahead and got 314 points today (I was going to get 300 so decided to just get 2 of the 157 point fixed weeks). Guide says I have 10 days after we SIGN the documents so I will drag my feet a little with that and see if there is a resale that will play ball between now and then. I do think that in 3 years these points will resale more than they are currently selling for, so I think the downside is minimal. Maybe 20% haircut if I have to sell in 3-4 months (which means I would have much greater worries than DVC at that point). Hesitating did cost me the luggage. If anybody doesn't want there set or is getting 2 and wants to sell me a set drop me a PM.

Definitely not giving two luggage sets to people. I bought two contracts and they are two different UYs and I did not qualify.

I didn’t want it anyway and told my guide I would decline if I had been eligible. I was more than happy to just get the 300 point incentive price!

Does anyone buy a 300 point contract, split into 150/150, 150/75/75 or 150/100/50 just to get the incentives then sell the smaller ones?

Does anyone buy a 300 point contract, split into 150/150, 150/75/75 or 150/100/50 just to get the incentives then sell the smaller ones?
Yes people split contracts frequently, just know you have closing costs on each contract which will eat into your saving differential from the offset. Also you're going to need to hold onto those contracts for some period of time for resale price stabilization since this market is so new. So if you have a use for the points short term (a few years of bigger or more frequent vacations, but you know that need has a shelf life) but not long term, this may be a good way to have a partial exit strategy, but this isn't a sound "flip a profit" strategy because the other costs (closing, more annual dues) will eat into it.

I have considered it in the past but it would require holding for a bit because the extra closing costs and commission would have negated the savings.

I don’t know how it would work with VGF with current prices so you’d have to run the numbers.

Lot of work to do it immediately.

I've seen a lot of resale contracts hit the market when a new resort opens. They're typically stripped of points but are priced much lower than the direct contracts.

I don't think we will see that happening any time soon with VGF2 contracts. First of all, they have no 2021 points, which makes them less valuable to strip. And secondly, the VGF2 contract would have to be priced the same as VGF1 contracts already on the market unlike a contract at a new resort where the seller only has to price their small contract below the base price of the new resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter