????

Jesc00

Earning My Ears
I would really love to get married at the wedding pavilion at wdw but unfortunately can't afford it.

My next option would be to get married somewhere else in the WDW area, but I have no clue as to finding out where the possiblities would be. Does anyone know where I could find this information??

or do you have any suggestions??

Have you looked into the Disney intimate weddings - you can still get married at the pavillion with a limited number of guests (10 people total including the bride and groom) it costs a about a half as much as the minimum custom wedding expenditure and also includes your hotel room and a small cake cutting & champagne toast. You could then call a local restaurant or disney group events to book a dinner at a restaurant for your guests if you'd prefer a sit down meal. (Note: If you have a reception meal at disney they won't allow you to wear your wedding dress unless it's a fairytale wedding event). You could also consider sea world or Disney's swan/dolphin or any of the downtown disney hotels if you have more than 8 guests - they will probably be a bit more flexible in planning your event.

we were in the same boat...wanted the disney wedding but couldn't afford it. we did some research and found some wedding chapels in the area! the one that we chose the little white wedding chapel in kissimmee. their website is at whitechapelweddings.com...but we will be spending our honeymoon at disney!! 3 weeks to go!!

the swan has weddings, the website is www.justmarry.com Also, if you don't mind having fewer guests, the intimate wedding is the way to go. I believe you can wear your wedding dress as long as it is a resort restaurant, you just can't wear a wedding gown in the parks. Also, if you are going in the value season, you may be better off having the intimate wedding add-on package. Bear in mind that minimum custom expenditures are only $7500 Mon- Thurs and $10,000 Fri-Sun. The reason I point this out is that we thought that there was no way a Disney wedding would be financially feasible, but now that I have learned more, I find that we are spending just as much at home (weddings in CT tend to be expensive, don't know where you live). It is too late to change our plans, so we are planning a vow renewal down there for either our 5 or 10 year anniversary!

We're getting married at Sunset Point at the Polynesian Resort. The whole package, including 5 nights in a Honeymoon Suite at the Grand Floridian is $5,000. That includes up to 8 guests at the ceremony, a limo for transport, the bride and groom's flowers, a cake and champagne, assorted wedding favors and a few other things. Check out yourfairytale.com for some more info.

All in all, I think it's a great value/ You don't have to stay at the Grand Flordian. There are less expensive packages. Check it out. DO it at Disney.

Just curious - how exactly would they stop you from wearing your wedding dress at a sit down dinner in a Disney restaurant?

ReneeQ-

You can wear your wedding dress at restaurants in Downtown Disney and in the resorts. You CANNOT wear your wedding dress in the theme parks, they'll stop you at the gate!;) Don't pick any restaurants within the theme parks if you want to wear your wedding dress to dinner.

Diznee25
WDW Christmas Bride Dec. 2003

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter