26 Nights, Triple Celebration Trip...NYC, RPR & HHN....and Irma has a go...A 2017 Trip

We will be there the same time as you next month! I hope you don't mind, but if I spot you in the parks, I'm coming by to say hello!

YAY!!!!! Oh you absolutely have to say hello if you see us ::yes::.........Tom is so used to it now he doesn't bat an eyelid anymore.......I remember the first time someone recognized me in the parks from pictures on here........he was asking who they were......I had no idea, lol.......but they knew us!!! But, please do say Hi if you see us anywhere :wave2:

Does the hotel post when the characters will be out? I want to meet Scooby Doo.

Characters rotate between the main eateries at the pbh, rpr and hrh

As mac says the characters rotate.......its best to check with the hotel before you go that day to check which character is going to be there on the particular night........It used to be a Monday and Wednesday nights at RP, but we saw Scooby on a Thursday..........

FRIDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER

We again awoke early........but again, felt tired.......we were sleeping well enough during the night, and had enjoyed not many disturbances in the night.....except last night........around 1.30am one guy decided to yell all the way down the corridor his name was Darren or whatever and he would make as much noise as he liked and (insert curse word) anyone who tried to tell him otherwise......he announced he planned to come back from HHN on Friday night and wake every (insert another curse word) up..........ok. Aren`t some people idiots..........we got straight back to sleep.........I will say we never heard a word during the next night`s sleep..........idiot.

So breakfast it was and we had such a lovely chat this morning with one member of staff........he is very artistic and he showed me some of his work on the computer in the lounge.......it`s eclectic, but very good and he is very talented.......another nice young man who has been there a few years now.......it`s a shame when they have to move on, but it`s understandable.........we took our time this morning again and really enjoyed these weird choices for breakfast........I never eat donuts and bread at home.........but it was nice.

We took the boat this morning and it was nice.......another boiling hot morning, but everyone told us it was to change later today......booooooo.......we had planned to meet Todd at HHN again tonight........and we had hoped to spend a little longer tonight in the event.......but we would see what it was like later.....I wasn't really ready for this weather to stop.

The boat is fairly quiet and I think the parks won`t be too busy today either........we walk into Studios and see it`s not too bad at all.........we go in to the store first and I see a tee that will suit a friend of ours.........and loads of other things.....but I resist and think I may get them over the weekend........so we head out and see where everyone is...........in the regular Minion line.........it was busy!!!!! Now I like the Minion ride, I really do.......but to queue 90 minutes is not something I`d do, for any ride. But we walk in to the EP and we do hear some grumbles from the line..........and ignore it......

This is a cute little ride and we do it every day we go in to the Studios.........and for the first time we don't stop to get pictures when we come out of the ride.........the gift shop I have to walk through it quickly as there are so many things to buy.......but I`m good.........

We decide again not to do Shrek.......we like it, but I hate all the standing for the preshow......yes, I know how ridiculously lazy that sounds......and usually we do it every trip.......but, we were giving it a miss this year........so on to RRR........this one I am not missing today........

We walk straight on with EP and we ask again for the front.......it`s not too bad this morning so she says go straight down to the front......and we do........I still love this ride although the climb and first drop are the highlights....but what a first climb.........the first time I did this (regular readers will be bored with this story) I thought I was going to die on it.......I stood and watched for ages to make sure no one fell off or died before I even considered going on.........then almost didn't get on as my heart was pounding so much..............finally got on and of course everyone tells you to pick music.......I had a mental blur and ended up with the Beastie Boys......I hate the Beastie Boys........the first climb was so terrifying I couldn't breathe in at one point..........then could only scream......and my wonderful husband and son bought the DVD of that first ever ride...........it is funny to watch...........now!!! I was trying to find I will survive by Gloria Gaynor......that is now my go to song every time on there....I`m so boring.........

But we enjoy this ride today and go on once more.......so much fun, although the last bit can get a bit head rattling at times........but we wont miss it usually..........I think Tom prefers going on with Kyle on this ride.......he says I look too scared at the beginning........we come off and as always there are folks arguing why they should be able to take their phones on the ride..........every time.

i-JQM4RJZ-XL.jpg

We hear a sound from behind Tom and turn so see them clearing the road......and we see a car..........

i-HNJ3bX9-XL.jpg

She is creating a commotion of course as expected of such an icon.......lol.......

We have no plans today to do Jimmy Fallon again........we really hated the ride a lot........although I still say the building itself is lovely inside and well worth a walk around........and of course I would tell everyone to try the ride........we all like different things........I just don't get Jimmy Fallon.......is he supposed to be a comedian or just a tv guy???? I have no clue........won`t watch him anyway.........so we turn to walk through the park in the middle of this area.......and soon as we get in we turn around and walk back out..........the place is filled with smokers........it is so unpleasant to walk through this area.......so we don't.......I get that smokers have to go somewhere..........but this is one of the prettiest places in this area and its out of bounds for me......maybe others don`t mind......but the smell even in the open isn't pleasant to walk through, people think the smell disappears out in the open but it doesn't, it hangs around and is awful to walk through........so we go around and end up in the small Christmas shop..........

i-RvMxD9v-XL.jpg

It`s a nice little store and has the same Christmassy scent the other store in IOA has this time around.......beautiful........we don't buy anything here though and wander down by the other side of the park............This area is part of The Purge zone for HHN...........Universal haven't started to pile rubbish outside their buildings.........

i-ZQjH2n7-XL.jpg

I love the New York area of the park.........so many little details people miss....the names on the windows above the shop fronts, and of course the vibe around here is good with the group that sings here every few hours and The famous Blues Brothers show........something that passes 20 minutes if you`re passing......

i-gRZsmhd-XL.jpg

Think they need to check their clock.........definitely wasn't as late as that!

i-7BSLJmC-XL.jpg

i-Btxmm76-XL.jpg

i-9G3v3km-XL.jpg

We go in and do The Mummy of course.........this is one of the best tame coasters there is........it does get fast, but so much fun......and one we do like to sit on the front again........and we always ask for the front every ride......and it`s never a problem........the regular queue is a little longer this morning......and on our way in the EP line the first time we get to where the TM scans your room key and we see a family arguing they are in the right line.......they aren't......so they have to walk all the way back and join the regular line. The TM dealt with them admirably........but the ride itself was fantastic........some days it feels so much faster than others.........and today was a fast day!!!! I Could feel my teeth rattle around in my head today.......but we did it 3 or 4 times before heading back out, feeling a little dishevilled.......to meet this guy again........he has been this character for years.......and I mean years.......we have pictures of him going way back........

i-LcpbcZG-XL.jpg

And when there is a little line to get pictures taken he doesn't like line jumpers........someone tried to do it to us a few years back......he very obviously shook his finger at the guy with his son and let him know we were before him.......I liked this guy!!! And he scared me one year when Tom went on to TF on his own......I was down Delancey St when he crept up behind me when I was looking at images on my camera........he spooked the boots off of me.....he had knelt down right beside me and then I turned around.........and someone caught it on camera and showed it to me........lol.......so, yes, I liked this guy.........

The Blues Brothers had just started..........

i-8c8V7t6-XL.jpg

i-svXnfSB-XL.jpg

It is so nice just walking around the park with nowhere to be at a certain time........one of the reasons I have no interest in Disney is the planning.......it fills me with dread how much people plan their day......and the commando style folks do the park........not for me......we like to stroll and take our time and actually enjoy the parks without rushing from one thing to another......may not suit everyone, but it works for us..........

i-Z5ph3zr-XL.jpg

i-VnjZfRG-XL.jpg

i-LBRd22D-XL.jpg

i-v2BFqWV-XL.jpg

i-SDrKSSx-XL.jpg

Tom said he wanted to do TF.......I am never sure, yes, it`s similar to Spider man but, its rougher to me.......but I decide to go on. And wished I hadn't.

FRIDAY CONTINUED..........

We walk in the EP line for TF and there is actually a line.........seems there had been a fault that stopped the ride for 10 minutes or so, and the line had built up......they were anticipating a 20-25 minute wait for EP........Tom really likes this ride, so we decided to wait. Eventually we got on and set off.......Tom enjoyed it. Till he saw my face........I thought I was going to either throw up or pass out........it was rough.......and I worried the folks in front of me wouldn't be too happy with me if I was ill!!!! But, got through it and slowly made my way out of the ride........I just wanted to go and sit down......so we made our way over to the benches where I just felt sick and woozy.........and we couldn't believe it.......a smoker sat down beside us and began to light up........normally we would just have wandered away.....but this isn't a smoking area and I felt so ill, so Tom told him he couldn't smoke here......he did get up and move, but it might have been more because I began retching and he thought I was going to throw up all over his bright red shiny shoes?........Tom went over and got me a bottle of water......he asked if he could jump in as his wife needed some water, the young lady looked over and saw me and said to have it for free........again, a really nice touch.........so I sipped the water and began to feel a little better.........but, it`s an awful feeling to have........I know some people can close their eyes when they feel this way, but I can`t........it makes me worse if I can`t focus on something........anyone who did ballet or ice skating was usually taught to focus on one spot when spinning......usually works for me too.......and no I was never a ballet dancer.......lol..........

I began to feel a little better, and the young TM gave me the thumbs up to check I was ok........I was now. I think I may also have been a little hungry.......that sets me off at times too.........so although it wasn't lunch time yet, we thought I should have something with sugar in it.........I knew just the thing........I had see it advertised the other night and thought it looked nice.........

It was a Candy Corn frozen drink.........you could also get Pumpkin Spice or S`mores flavours..........

i-r5vQgL7-XL.jpg

It was nice, and really hit the spot for me.......sugary and tasty too.........I wished I had bought one of these sooner, but we were never hungry enough when we passed them for sale........but it was nice and we decided to go sit down.........Tom said we should maybe go back to the hotel if I didn't feel better.......I would see how I felt after this........

So much quieter today than at night........

i-mbksNfN-XL.jpg

i-nDGkVvF-XL.jpg

I did feel so much better after drinking the sugary drink, and I did share nicely..........and we headed round to go towards Diagon Alley........stopping only to take some pictures of course.......

i-vrqzM46-XL.jpg

i-fCFd3QC-XL.jpg

I love this set of offices and often think it would make a lovely house somewhere.........

i-Gq4pHTF-XL.jpg

As we pass further round we see one of Tom`s favourite characters..........so of course, even though there was a line to see him.........a massive 2 people in front of him lol...........we stood for a picture.........

i-TvLHRhB-XL.jpg

Tom loves these Back to the Future movies, all 3 of them.......and we had watched them before we left this year......along with the first few Potter movies, Shrek, MIB and DM.........he was a happy camper now.........it`s unusual for Tom to say he wants his pic with a character.........this guy was actually so good, and one of the best Docs we had ever seen there, he had the voice exactly the same as the movies.......quite eerie.........he asked Tom a few questions about the car, and I`m proud of my husband to say he was geeky enough to know the answers.........to which "Great Scot" was exclaimed every time he got an answer right.......it was funny..........good interaction..........

I was feeling fine now so we wandered through past Springfield area.......Tom did jokingly suggest we do Simpsons ride.......yeah that's never gonna happen again.......would have ended our day there and then.........

i-tQ3nmzt-XL.jpg

i-57GLQfZ-XL.jpg

i-bJgVqh6-XL.jpg

It was dulling down slightly now.......but still glaring light wise.....the clouds were certainly coming in, but didn't feel any cooler yet.......we didn't do MIB as Tom didn't want me feeling bad again.........so we headed around to Potter......we wanted some pictures here we had missed over the last days we had been in this trip.......

i-6Qcg4L4-XL.jpg

i-hJd5FMd-XL.jpg

And of course I love the knight bus is Purple.........

i-4gfJSbk-XL.jpg

i-nBjQkmv-XL.jpg

The bus conductor and the shrunken head are a must do meet and greet.........they are funny!!!! And if there`s no queue they will spend ages chatting to you......and even if it`s busy......they are still generous with time.....so we made sure we saw them today.....and we weren't disappointed.......there was only a couple in front of us.......once the two guys who finally decided they weren't in the queue after all moved......

i-zXn5Zqv-XL.jpg

i-CCMjcKt-XL.jpg

Definitely worth chatting to them, the shrunken head is so funny and very sharp........they are a good double act.........

We bid farewell and head into DA........always the amazing experience.........however many times we walk in here, it`s always impressive.......

i-9PrCKCH-XL.jpg

i-5VfkhqJ-XL.jpg

i-hxNP56m-XL.jpg

i-2DKHdjn-XL.jpg

i-QHZ7qdc-XL.jpg

We have so many images of this place it`s scary.......but will continue to immortalize our trips with more pictures......love them all!!! It keeps us going through long winters in the UK remembering our times there.........but today we want to do Gringotts but first to do some pictures, so we tell the TM we are taking our camera in to take some pictures and will be back out........of course she says, no problem........

i-RjFm3Qg-XL.jpg

i-Ps92vCG-XL.jpg

i-zc785MZ-XL.jpg

i-HmmG4PV-XL.jpg

We take a few more and then head back out to put our stuff in lockers and go do the ride........it`s not one to set off motion sickness so I know I`ll be ok doing it........and I`m fine.......we enjoy it and today for the first time we have a real screamer behind us........it`s not that scary a ride......but heyho.......the ride itself is fine and we consider doing it again as EP is fun on these rides now......and the regular line was fairly long, but we decide not to and instead decide to go get the Hogwarts Express and go over to IOA.

i-KBrphKK-XL.jpg

i-LDsX8vw-XL.jpg

It was either just before or just after Tom took this picture that a man asked me if my name was Carole........I said why yes it is......he said my wife knows your trip reports........his wife was stood beside him and we chatted and she said she had seen we were here at this time and wondered if they would run into us.......always nice to chat to folks......she said they didn't post, just read and all I can remember now was they were from Maine.......I'm not even sure they told us their names.......but a big hello to you if you are reading this, it was so nice to meet you........:wave2:

You don't miss the bit where you can disappear through the wall by doing EP........Tom missed me actually going through......but folks are always good about hanging back slightly so families can capture this moment.........

i-bbmcctr-XL.jpg

i-TNDpt7q-XL.jpg

i-zBHvL9k-XL.jpg

i-w6BK9gf-XL.jpg

The train is fun.......and we get the folks who were talking about the incident a few weeks before where the train was stopped and folks weren't able to open doors and such like........they had heard someone had almost died in the train.........lol......eh no, it couldn't have been pleasant, but not that bad. Although they do now tell you how to open the door if the train stops for any length of time........thankfully that didn't happen to us and the journey was pleasant, except the couple opposite who looked like Disney had thrown up on them.......Mouse tees, fanny packs, and yes ears.........and she had Disney earrings on......well, they weren't impressed at all..........hmmmm. The other couple were like excited 5 year olds......and that was nice to see.......they must have been early 30`s and were obviously embracing everything Universal.........different strokes I suppose for the Disney couple.

i-dp7hqJt-XL.jpg

We came out and decided we would go eat in Confisco Grille......hadn't been there in a while.......but we were really hungry now......and thirsty.......

Cont.......again........

I have to get a photo of the dragon in Diagon from that angle, it's breathtaking.

Thanks..........you can get so many good pictures there.......everything turn out well for some reason......well, most of them...lol......

Nice pictures! I always get a list going from your TR's as to what we need to do on future trips- so far a trip to Sapphire Falls bar, the Caribbean show, RP restaurant character dining (love Scooby), and oh yeah- take a lot of pictures! It seems we're always busy getting from one place to another, I don't take pictures of our trip!

FRIDAY.......CONT......AGAIN........

We walk rather slowly round to Confisco Grille.........we gave it a miss before as our last meal there hadn't been great, not bad, just not as good as before. And as there are so many good options around it`s easy to cut a place for a while.......but we wanted to go again........and as it`s so hot out, walking in was welcome relief from the heat.........we are taken to a nice booth at the far end of the restaurant and we order a Fanta each straight away.........we get the menu`s and have a ponder over what to have here........everything looks so good.........

The lady taking care of us comes back and I ask her if there are onions in the Pad Thai......just out of curiosity.......she says no, never been onions in it.......I was sure but wanted to check......not that I was ordering it today...........we first ordered a pitcher of sangria.......we hadn't had that in here so was curious to try it.......and we weren't disappointed.......it was nice!!!!

Tom decided to order the pizza of the day, with added jalapeno......this was quite a small pizza from memory, but he could have some of my fries too as I opted for the Buffalo Shrimp and Chicken sandwich.......it sounded nice.....and again I asked for extra jalapenos.......she checked I knew it was already quite hot.......I said oh yeah!!!!! We do like our food hot...........

i-RwMpWGD-XL.jpg

It`s nice in here, we feel comfortable again and think we have made the right choice to come back again.......of course the sangria helped.......it was fairly strong I have to say!!!

The little bread rolls were nice too, better than the pitta bread they had before with some kind of flavoured butter.......

i-zQXZctH-XL.jpg

Our food arrived soon after and it did look nice......well mine did.........Tom`s looked a little lacking somehow.....but it was nice.

i-FbkwMHG-XL.jpg

i-Dv79xZz-XL.jpg

His pizza was tasty I have to say, but mine was lovely.........I didn't eat the bun, well didn't eat the top half......and we shared the fries which were tasty for regular fries.........we had enjoyed this meal and enjoyed the sangria too.........and it was nice sitting in the restaurant that was nice and cool, very relaxing. And this was how we liked to spend our time......not having to rush anywhere.

We paid the check and then walked outside........we saw a gate open that isn't normally open......it didn't say no entry, so we went in..........

i-G8MJqMT-XL.jpg

It was a little place I had just never noticed before.........and didn't lead to anywhere interesting.......

We walked out as usual into POE and as always take a few images.......we love this little area, so colourful and plenty to see and hear........

i-DzbrKmr-XL.jpg

i-kVFRbjw-XL.jpg

i-X3FzqRH-XL.jpg

i-b9dFGxW-XL.jpg

i-K8tCV5P-XL.jpg

i-6q6H6h3-XL.jpg

i-28DfZx4-XL.jpg

i-CHD2nVB-XL.jpg

i-hrwrz8W-XL.jpg

i-9f7ChG7-XL.jpg

We do go in to the Christmas shop and I can`t resist buying a few more things.......they have so many gorgeous Christmas things and they do last forever.......about 7 years ago we bought a load of Grinch tree decoration with flashing lights, and they still work perfectly........so we picked up more tree decorations......my excuse is, we have a lot of trees to decorate!!! And I`m sticking to it........we adore Christmas in our home and I`m referred to as Mrs Christmas by friends........I think it`s a compliment.......lol......

i-TCkmm9q-XL.jpg

i-DWb5Pdb-XL.jpg

i-RrSjCGt-XL.jpg

i-kn8w3BL-XL.jpg

i-37w2frW-XL.jpg

We take them with us today as we are heading out of the park, but they wrap them up so well as they know they are going to be in for a bumpy ride on the way home.....touch wood all our things we bought over the years have made it home safely........hoped it would continue..........

We came back out and indeed the air had changed slightly, still hot, but slightly atmospheric around us.......so we headed back to the hotel........

i-FfxVS2S-XL.jpg

i-5WcCVs8-XL.jpg

The walk back is slow today.......well, we had enjoyed some sangria.......we don't usually drink lunchtimes in the park, and I think that might have been the first time.........we would definitely enjoy that again!!!

We made it back in less than 10 minutes despite that slow walk.......but we soon quickened our step as the rain began to fall.......quite lightly at first, but got heavier as we entered the hotel lobby........one of the valets informed us we had made in back in time as it was forecast heavy.......oh dear........so much for HHN later tonight.........

Before we saw the rain, we thought we might go back to Citywalk and play the haunted side of minigolf, but of course, the rain would stop that anyway......so we decide to go for a sleep......we planned to sleep at least 2 hours........and we did.

We woke up and couldn't believe we had slept soundly for two and a half hours......and we felt better for it I have to say...........

We had thought we had better let Todd know we wouldn't be going now for sure, we had waited to see what the weather was doing before we made up our mind about HHN.......but as we opened the drapes we saw it was indeed chucking it down.....and didn't show any signs of slowing down. So we sent Todd an email and a PM in case he missed one that we wouldn't be going.......we were sad about that as we love meeting up with him.........we have known him a long time.........but we would get absolutely drenched and to be honest when it`s that bad half the SA aren't out.........

So, jumped in the shower and got changed, went up to Club Lounge and made ourselves comfy there..........we thought about food for later and decided we would walk over to Sapphire Falls and eat in Strong Water Tavern........we really like it in there.........

But for now it was either Samuel or Andy that gave us the choice of movies to watch.......I forget again what we chose, but we settled down with wine, some cheese and crackers and watched the movie.......all the while chatting to the staff of course........that was what was one of the nicer things of staying so long, you really get the chance to get to know them all, well, most of them.......some we got to know better than others of course.........but this was just lovely and so cosy, but we felt bad for everyone at horror nights tonight, it was dreadful outside.......

We sat till around 7.45 and walked over to Sapphire through our usual way of passing Tchoup Chop and through the ballroom areas and then we hit SF........

i-Gg69s2T-XL.jpg

We see no one tonight the whole way across and even when we get to the Universal store there`s no one there........for one split second I worry I`m dreaming there`s no one around........but, no, all of a sudden there are people around.............

I have to say, I did worry it was going to be mobbed as the weather was so bad, it was busy, but not full to bursting...........we find two seats at the bar and park ourselves there for the night...........

i-55fbDk2-XL.jpg

We have a think about drinks before food, and Tom opts for a Rum Tasting.......you get three rums and I can`t remember if you pick them or the bartender does.........but he is happy!!!!! I stick to wine.........we know the bartender now and he recognizes us straight away......he signals he`ll be two seconds.......and he is over straight away to take our order.......

i-TSnpnDf-XL.jpg

i-rsBMF56-XL.jpg

Now we have a drink we begin to think of food.........and easily decide to order Crab salad and Caribbean ceviche.........they are both lovely, we really enjoyed them on previous visits.........

i-wPbTKtB-XL.jpg

i-vVbpB7v-XL.jpg

They really are delicious.........honestly, so fresh tasting....of course not everyone likes ceviche, but we do!!!

We occasionally glance out the windows, and the rain hasn't appeased any........although someone says it has eased slightly.......I hoped so, as so many only go for one night to horror nights...........

But, we were happily ensconced in our favourite bar with good food and nice wine.........I had gone for a more expensive white wine I hadn't tried before, and it was lovely.......meanwhile Tom was happily getting through his selection of rums..........

i-Fgvg8Zc-XL.jpg

i-6wqqMqt-XL.jpg

We had so enjoyed the food we ordered two more plates......same again.........they are fairly small so we didn't feel too greedy having another two plates of food..........

Chatting to the barman who was excellent........he asked if I drank rum at all.......I said no, not straight but in a cocktail I could demolish a fair amount.......he laughed and said had I tried coconut rum........now he had my attention.......I adore coconut so was curious as to why I had never tried it before......so I said yep, I`ll try one.........bless him he gave me a sample to try..........big mistake........I loved it!!!!! It was so smooth I could easily drink this straight with just ice.......very dangerous..........especially after wine.........

But, as our second plates of food arrived so did a measure of coconut rum arrived........well, I had to drink it.........lol..........so food and drink were a huge success tonight.

We sat a while longer and I got some water too as I had enjoyed a few wines tonight.........but eventually we decided we had better make a move and walk back home.........thankfully it doesn't take long..........we pay our check and thank our lovely barman for his info on all things rum. We had enjoyed a lovely evening again..........we were a little sad though as today had been our final park day, we planned to have an easy weekend of mooching around doing not very much.

We stop off at the front desk at RP as we know one of our favourite men Bryson is working tonight, and this is the last night we`ll see him this visit as he isn't back at work till after we leave Monday, and would hate to miss him. So we said our goodbyes and had a hug then went upstairs where despite our long sleep this afternoon we fell into bed and slept like babies all night long.

Keep it coming girl! You know I love your reviews!

:wave2: yay........nice to see you........I`m so glad you`re enjoying reading Todd...........:hug:

All your pics are fabulous!

Thanks mac........at the time I sometimes think I`ve taken too many pics........but we love em!!!!! Glad you like them..........::yes::

Nice pictures! I always get a list going from your TR's as to what we need to do on future trips- so far a trip to Sapphire Falls bar, the Caribbean show, RP restaurant character dining (love Scooby), and oh yeah- take a lot of pictures! It seems we're always busy getting from one place to another, I don't take pictures of our trip!

I`m glad you like them too..........I actually thought this day I hadn't, or rather Tom hadn't taken too many pictures, but when we uploaded them I saw he indeed had taken a lot........

Sapphire Falls is our favourite onsite bar for sure..........love it!!!! Everyone is so friendly and food is good.......what more can you ask!!! And yes, Scooby Doo is a real highlight, despite being a recently turned 50 lady........it made my night!!!

Not many days left to go now..........so, glad you`re still reading along.........:wave2:

SATURDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER

Well, I should get this trip report finished as the last few days we really didn't do much at all..........we had whooped our engines done.........think this day was the least pictures taken ever!!!

This morning we slept till after 8, well, I woke earlier but did eventually fall back over........and then woke with a jump to see it was 8am......I thought it was much later than that.......Tom would happily have slept longer today, but he did get up........I had showered before he surfaced and soon enough we were up in the lounge and enjoying our breakfast. We chatted some more to young Kolby.......I always forget how to spell his name......sorry........but he`s been there for around 4 years..........and he had been joking with us most days that we were still there.......I think he wondered if we ever were going home at times........

i-4dXHDTx-XL.jpg

We did indeed say goodbye to him this morning.......hoping we would see him again another time unless he had moved one. He blinked!!

Today was raining, and it looked pretty miserable. So no pool day, and we did think of maybe this afternoon going back in to do the water rides.....and we had booked to go back to Ocean Prime tonight.........but for now we just headed to Mall at Millenia, I could always find something to buy there.

We first stopped off at the front desk to hand over a thank you gift for the ladies and gents who had looked after us since we arrived......they loved them!!!

The drive to the Mall was uneventful......and we parked up and went inside..........again, for a Saturday it wasn't busy. We tend not to take too many pictures on our last few days, unless we are in the parks somehow........we never feel like taking many, I suppose it`s the feeling of the end of the trip is so close and we do feel a little down.

I buy an extra chubby lipstick in Macy`s and a new mascara, I had liked the sample one I got in the free gift, so wanted a full size one.......between that and a few things from Williams and Sonoma and Bath and Body we soon passed our time and then decided where we go for lunch.

We had seen this place a few times over the last couple of years and had never gone in, but someone from the hotel had mentioned it was decent, so we thought we would give it a try.........

i-PVwLP9R-XL.jpg

We went in and it was already fairly busy, and what a lovely warm welcome we got........always nice..........she aske dif we had been there before and we told her we hadn't eaten here and she was even more welcoming..........we got shown to our table and began to study the huge menu.........not Cheesecake Factory big, but big enough.........we had no idea what to have, but I was starting with a cocktail..........I was in my last few days, so I needed no excuse.........so we ordered Strawberry Lemonades and I ordered a Strawberry Margarita.........we liked this place, nice restaurant.........

i-z9NhzXD-XL.jpg

I was looking at the pizza, the girl looking after us explained they were very deep bases........but I thought ok, the spicy chicken and pineapple with no onions sounded good and added extra jalapenos........and Tom went for ribs.......with a classic sauce.........

i-t76zvzb-XL.jpg

i-sNhWjmQ-XL.jpg

I have to say the food was a bit of a letdown. The pizza was indeed as she had described.......all base......a lot of base.......but I had been told, I ate what I wanted to and left the rest......mainly base. Tom`s ribs were the first ribs in America he has ever eaten that were not fall off the bone as promised.........they were just ok. Not what ribs we are so used to. But it was an alright meal, and would probably go back.....just not order the same dishes again.

So, we paid the check and left.........

We drove down to the Mercedes Garage near the Mall. We visit every year and always like to look in the accessory store, as we have picked up Key Rings in the past that are unique to the USA so we cant get them in the UK, very different........and Kyle was picking up his brand new Mercedes a few days after we got home, so hoped we could get him a newer one.....but one that no one else had........and we did. We found a very sleek but definitely male styled one.......just hoped he would like it........and he did!!!

We spent some time looking at the cars, but today we just weren't feeling like doing much.........

Tonight we had originally planned to go back to Ocean Prime, but we had latterly arranged to meet Jamie and her sister in law at HHN....although she had been poorly so thought they might not make it.........but now they were definitely making it we would cancel Ocean Prime..........we had The Palm as our last dinner for this trip planned tomorrow night, so we would grab anything later. We were looking forward to seeing them......just hoped the rain would go off..........

So back to the hotel and did start to pack a little, just a little.........our parcels had been delivered too, so now we had everything we planned to take home with us.........I just looked and thought........oh dear.......or words to that effect..........I left out a few things that we would need between now and Monday, and actually managed to get it all in.......barely.......I was glad we hadn't made another trip to Bed Bath and Beyond..........

We went up early to the Club Lounge. We had gifts, thank you card and chocolates to hand in there too......and a few of our favourites were there to enjoy them!! They were thrilled with them........

There was a family in who we began chatting to at the tv end of the lounge.........they were British but had emigrated to Australia a few years back. We clicked with them immediately and just started chatting like old friends........they had two kids who were lovely........

Meanwhile I had slipped away and asked Andy to please cancel Ocean Prime for us.......he of course said it was no problem.......the rain looked like it was going off, so we would all definitely be going..........we had arranged a time to meet Jamie outside the Mummy and had just emailed her to confirm they were still going and so were we.

But meantime we sat and chatted to this lovely couple for a few hours.......the food came out and we didn't bother with it, but we all did enjoy some wine of course........I love chatting to people and always nice to find folks that are the same. Also spoke briefly to a couple who are there the same time every year, had never met them before but they were from Boston......I love that strong Bostonian accent.......although the wife was from somewhere else, but the husband was very obviously from there..........

But we spoke more to Emma and Andrew..........but eventually it was just after 7ish and we knew we had to leave to head to the park. Sadly the rain didn't look too far away.........we wished them well on their onward journey back to visit family in the UK and then home, they`d had quite a journey as I think they had come from Seattle and were also going somewhere else too.......quite a journey from Oz.........

We got the boat and as soon as we got off the rain started........well, we were here now..........

We went in and did AHS.....we were straight in as there was no one there.......same with The Shining.......there were more in the regular line, but we walked on with no one in front of us........we enjoyed those houses again, they were a lot of fun.........

We did think now we would walk round and get a slice of pizza from Louie`s as I was a little hungry now, but when we got there they were closed and had someone outside saying they would open in an hour.........seriously!!!! So we did the unthinkable.......and I can only reason I was incredibly hungry.......we went in to Richter Burger!!!! There was a little line, but we thought we would just get one burger and fries and share it as we wanted to eat later........but for some unknown reason we got two burgers and two fries.....I had gone to sit down so Tom had collected the food and told the woman it was only one burger......woman said it was his. So he came back and said he didn't know I had ordered two........I said no I definitely only paid for one!!! We called a lady over and told her we had the wrong order, she said it was fine and enjoy......well, fair enough.........but.......food here isn't great. It used to be, many years ago but now it`s not worth it. Won`t eat here again. I think we ate less than half a burger each and a couple of fries.

We left and walked round to The Mummy and stood under the locker areas......didn't get in anyone`s way as there was no one there..........there was hardly any SA out by now........and then I saw Jamie.......they were wet too.........we had a good old hug and a good old giggle at how wet we were.........she introduced us to her sister in law Patty who was lovely too and had a good old chat........but we weren't planning to now go around the park as it was heaving down.......they wanted to go do Bill and Ted as it was the last year, and her sis in law hadn't done HHN before, so they were ploughing through........I admired them for making the most of it.........we did get some pictures though........

i-KN8JJC6-XL.jpg

i-dzLrFMz-XL.jpg

We chatted some more, but we didn't want them to miss valuable horror time, so we said our goodbyes and knew we would keep in touch as we had arranged to see Jamie next year when we visit...........so we both set off our separate ways in the rain which was now bouncing down.

We did think of doing Dead Waters one last time, but honestly we were drenched.........so straight to the boats which mercifully there was one waiting to go. We were feeling a little cold now, so instead of going straight to Orchids Lounge we would go to our room first and dry off and change. We ran into Samuel first and we looked like drowned rats.........he did ask if it had been raining.........lol.........chatted to him and then went to change. I just blow dried my soaking wet hair into something kind of reasonable..........it would do........

We left our camera in the room as we were just hungry, tired and wanted to sleep............

We both ordered a cocktail and we shared two plates of sushi......and it was nice. We stuck to our old favourites of Mexican and the Dynamite one......it was relaxing and we caught some tv that was on.......sports, have no clue......then we ordered another cocktail each and sat a while longer.........Jen was taking care of us tonight again and marveled we were still here.......lol......we got that a lot........but eventually tiredness overcame us and we meandered up to our room and were soon fast asleep before we knew it........last full day tomorrow...........

I am not a big drinker, but I do like rum. Now I want to try the coconut rum!

I don't usually drink straight liquor.......but this was as smooth as they come!!!!

Also Pineapple Rum too is sooooooo easy to drink.......but very dangerous too........lol.......

SUNDAY OCTOBER 1ST.........

This is the month we hate to see on the calendar........it means we`re going home...........

We were up bright as buttons this morning.........we had plans to meet friends at the Mall at Millenia for lunch......but friends sister in law was going to be there too........not so keen on her......she`s.........well, she has very different ideas to us and same with my friend, my friend is very patient with her......others struggle......so although I was looking forward to seeing friend......there was a downside.

We were also meeting macraven in the lobby for catch up, sadly it was going to be our shortest catch up yet........we weren't doing HHN tonight so wouldn't be able to spend time there, and had plans this afternoon. But, it was better than nothing......

First we went up for breakfast and said goodbye to young Andy who we had really gotten to know well over our visit, he was a young man who was going to do really well in his chosen career. It`s quite sad to think we may not see some again.........they are always so lovely.

But after breakfast we finished packing and were back in our room for a phone call I was getting from a relative.......and we were also Skyping Kyle. He was looking forward to us coming home, which was nice to hear.......we had missed him too and couldn't wait now to see him and give him a hug. He was doing good though and had been shopping for all fresh stuff for when we got home........

So that passed a while before it was time to go down and meet macraven.........always a joy to see anytime. She had just checked in and I caught up with her in the lobby and said we were sitting over in the lounge and to come sit for a while.......I was annoyed we were meeting friends so early, but they had a schedule to follow as they were going to something at Disney later!!!! I did ask them why of course........lol........but we did have a lovely chat with macraven and caught up with each other.......and as always it`s never long enough...........and we both had to head off in our different directions.......and after we left I said to Tom, we didn't get a picture!!!! We always take a picture.........I was annoyed at that too. But at least we had seen each other.........and it was lovely catching up in person instead of phone or email..........

So we started to set off for the Mall........as we walked out to the car, our friend and her husband were walking in over the bridge?? I looked a little surprised as we were meeting at Cheesecake Factory........long story short they asked did we want to eat somewhere else without the sister in law........yes!!!!!! They had parked their car so we went in theirs and decided to go to O`Charleys on Turkey Lake Road..........it`s far too long and complicated to repeat what happened so I won`t.......but we would enjoy the peace and quiet all the same.

O`Charleys was our come back to place this year.........and today was just as nice..........we got seated after a slight wait.......and the young girl taking care of us wasn't exactly attentive..........but she was ok. We all ordered strawberry lemonades and peruse the menu together........it`s a slightly limited menu today with many brunch items on there........but I know what I want.......and so does everyone else..........they`re not big picture people and he is horrified by taking of food pictures, so we grab a couple while he is in the bathroom and I don't ask to take a picture of his or her food.......lol......

i-NJJBdn9-XL.jpg

Tom goes for the ribs and steak, which is cooked immaculately.......and I go for the Buffalo chicken sandwich again........our friends both order pancakes and egg type dishes.........more brunch style food.......but it does look nice..........

i-M7jM6cp-XL.jpg

i-zGTXFLc-XL.jpg

We sit and chat for a while and soon realise we have been sitting far too long, they were supposed to pick sis in law back up by now......so we hurry and try and pay the check, but the girl is nowhere to be found........she eventually wanders back and we ask for the ooey gooey pie that we ordered to go.........she had forgotten..........eventually she brought it and very nicely brought us strawberry lemonades to go.........maybe she wasn't as bad after all.........

They dropped us off at the hotel and we said we`d see them soon after we got home..........it was a nice lunch after all. And we still had this to share.......we planned to enjoy that after The Palm tonight........

i-B5dnxqF-XL.jpg

We finished the last of our packing that we could do, and went up to the Club Lounge for the last afternoon.........Samuel was there today and we had such a lovely chat with him.......lounge wasn't too busy but he popped back and forth when he got the chance.....another lovely guy. We do both have a few glasses of wine as no one is driving tonight, so we can both enjoy a drink. And of course our glasses are never given the chance to be empty......which is also nice!!!

We do eventually leave the lounge and head down to get changed, saying a few goodbyes on the way..........always sad.

But, we get showered and changed and get ready fairly quickly........

We walk down to get an ODC to take us for our reservation........we get one as they are always sitting outside when you want them....and for the price of a tip, they are ideal.........we make it to HRH well ahead of our reservation as although I`m not overly keen on this hotel, we do take some pictures. It`s not that it`s a bad hotel, it just doesn't appeal to us......maybe I`m too old now........

i-npR3v6P-XL.jpg

i-MF6LDVf-XL.jpg

It does have a very nice pool area, but not a pool we ever want to go to........too noisy usually for us.......and too shallow. Tom can swim in the RP pool, whereas he can`t swim in this one, but it is pretty and there`s hardly anyone in it tonight......even for a Sunday night. We do notice it`s not raining and maybe wish for a short moment we were doing horror nights tonight........but we really were too tired.

i-8sH5rC7-XL.jpg

i-hTHh2x5-XL.jpg

We wander back inside and head down towards The Palm.........Tom is taking my picture when a couple offer to take one of both of us.......

i-RZZHb3R-XL.jpg

We adore this restaurant........absolutely love everything about it. The ambience, the menu suits us and the food has never disappointed.....and service is top notch. We gave it a miss for a few years and I`m not entirely sure why........Kyle isn't a big steak eater and very rarely eats an appetizer, so maybe that was the reason..........

We go in and Lauren welcomes us again and takes us to our table........she does remember us from previous night as mention being in the week before.......she is glad to see us back. This lady really knows her job inside out and has been there for years.........she then made a point of getting our first names as we do prefer to be called by them instead of Mr and Mrs......I much prefer informal with people...........

Our booth is a good one, and we are immediately offered water while we choose wine.......I again tell her I don't need the menu, we`ll have a bottle of Stag`s Leap Hands of Time........we know we like it..........and quick as a flash our wine and then bread appears........we are surprisingly hungry after our reasonable lunch today.

i-BMJFTnS-XL.jpg

i-mbdMzvG-XL.jpg

This was difficult tonight..........our waitress Joyce had informed us the giant shrimp wasn't available........and that's what I had planned to have again.......and Tom was torn between having the divine Lobster Bisque again.......I have never heard Tom go on about an appetizer as much as this..........but he did like the idea of the maple bacon........so he was imparting this information to Joyce to explain why he was taking so long to choose.........eventually he did go for the maple bacon just to be different tonight........I opted for the jumbo lump crab cocktail............

i-qHc7gRc-XL.jpg

i-fwD73tz-XL.jpg

As we sat and chatted about the end of our trip nearing and generally passing the time......Joyce appeared with a smaller bowl of the Lobster Bisque for Tom as she had heard how much he loved it........now that was so nice of her!!!!! And it was a decent bowl, not just a tablespoon or two........I may even have had a taste or two........it truly was heavenly.

i-hT8Qrp5-XL.jpg

Now Tom wished he had ordered the Bisque.........gorgeous!!!!

But, our appetizers appeared soon after, of course he thanked Joyce for being so kind and bringing some Bisque for him, she said no problem she didn't like to think he was missing out since he enjoyed it so much last time..........

i-LCX6H6B-XL.jpg

i-jtjrzjq-XL.jpg

She did check I knew about the Atomic Horseradish..........lol.....I told her yes, I knew all about it......even for me it was hot!!! I could just manage a tiny little bit on any piece of food..........if you do try it, be careful, it is nuclear hot!!!!

But, the crab was lovely.......so fresh and tasty. And a large portion too....... Tom`s was ok........he wouldn't get it again, but glad he tried it........next time he`d have the Lobster Bisque........

We were now ordering our entrees.......I went for the smaller 9oz filet, served medium rare and Tom went for the 14oz New York Strip served medium......and we knew it would be exactly as it should be........we again opted to share the three cheese potato au gratin.......we do like that one and it is more than enough for two or even three.

I asked Joyce if we could have one of the cocktails on the menu.........it was the Cherry Blossom one, and I had meant to order it before we had our food, but she said it would be out momentarily..........

You are never rushed her between courses, which is one of the many things we love about this place...........

We pass the time again as we wait for our entrees, and it is so relaxing here.......it`s not too busy tonight, maybe as it`s Sunday and a little later than usual..........but, when the food arrives it doesn't disappoint..........

i-Mjwn9mB-XL.jpg

i-5k25mR5-XL.jpg

i-CftHsRB-XL.jpg

i-HLknNwz-XL.jpg

The cocktail was lush!!!!!!

The steaks are both gorgeous......for want of a better description..........tastiest steaks around and not over seasoned.......and cooked sublimely........I could eat this every night of the week and never tire of it..........

Joyce checks everything is good for us and we carry on tucking in to our lovely meal...........

It`s always a shame when the meal is done.........but we have enjoyed every piece again.........

We think about dessert and decide to share a crème brulee.........Lauren comes back to the table and says she remembers it was a celebration last visit........we tell her yes our last meal here was birthday/anniversary...........the staff are just so lovely here too........this was going to be a regular restaurant for us from now on, every visit.

Our dessert arrives and Joyce sends an added dessert to add to our celebration from the last visit........hey, I`ll celebrate anytime.......it was the same birthday cannoli`s I had the previous visit........

i-LqdxH9q-XL.jpg

i-TWKxDTc-XL.jpg

We share both desserts and I may have enjoyed more of the Crème Brulee than Tom did.......but that was normal.........

We had loved every second of our meal again tonight.......we finished off our wine and Joyce chatted a little while we waited on the check. She had definitely earned an extra special tip tonight for the bisque alone, but service had been exceptional.

We paid and left saying our goodbyes to Joyce and Lauren on the way out.......

We wanted to have a little photo op before getting the car home, so we wandered over to the famous fountain outside.........

i-QCj39ZM-XL.jpg

There was hardly anyone around again........and we got a car almost immediately. You just have to give your name and room number at the hotel you are staying at......and of course a tip. It only takes a few minutes for us to get back home.

We have had a lovely night, but we feel a little somber now.......we are about to have our last nights sleep for a while in this hotel........it`s hard not to get upset at the thought of leaving........we do stay longer than some, but doesn't mean we`re any less ready to leave when the time comes.

Upside is we get to see our boy of course..........

For now, we watch some tv and I look out the window trying to ignore the sparks coming from Duelling Dragons destruction........then bed around 11.30pm.

Always great pictures. Sorry I did not get to meet ya this time. Was also arriving on the 1st, but went to Disney instead.

Last nights are always bitter sweet. Fun is over, but happy to be home again, in own bed.

Follow on. Lovely as usual.

NY seems like it was so long ago! LOL! Can't believe we're at the end of another epic Tom and Carole trip.....but another is just over the horizon! And Kyle gets to go back!

Fabulous! Fabulous!
I'm always amazed by the amount of activity you can fit into a day. And clearly having a blast while doing it!

Always great pictures. Sorry I did not get to meet ya this time. Was also arriving on the 1st, but went to Disney instead.

Last nights are always bitter sweet. Fun is over, but happy to be home again, in own bed.

Follow on. Lovely as usual.

Last nights are always difficult........a real mix of emotion though......

Glad you`re enjoying reading.........:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter