• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2nd week of June cancel watch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, this is something I need to check on. I booked my flight about 2 weeks ago (right before they cancelled/consolidated all the flights and the day before all the VAH disappeared) for June. I was going to just move it to July, but now I want to check that I can move it again if July is cancelled. I'm flying Delta but didn't think to check if there was a limit on modifications...

You'll be able to "cancel" your flight once (i.e. move it to another date). We moved ours from March to June though already, so we're on hold now trying to figure out what to do. I think one of the legs of the flight moved 4 hours, so I might be able to get a cash refund & can try to re-book another flight potentially. American Airline's change fees are rough. Good Luck! Hopefully you will not need to change your flight! :)

So in trying to pull info together here are my thoughts/impressions/predictions:
1). Disney will be presenting opening plans at some point this week. I see Universal is doing so today and another thread says presentation is being live streamed. Can we assume Disney’s will as well? Probably. Presentation is also said to include proposed reopen date.
2) WDW is the front runner to house all resumed NBA games. Games predicted to start mid July. NBA has indicated they will be announcing their plans on or around June. A poster on another thread posted a reporters assertion that WDW was waiting for the NBA to finalize plans prior to figuring out reopen date
3) Lots of speculation as to if WDW will open to public if hosting NBA. Personally I used to frequent Braves Spring Training at WWOS while going to WDW so I think it is entirely possible to isolate it. But they will have to block resorts for NBA personnel so will have an effect as they may have to relocate guests

so...putting this all together here is my worthless prediction. By end of this week we will know Disney’s projected reopening date. I predict it will be July 1. This will give them a month after NBA announces plans to ascertain how many people the NBA is bringing in, relocate guests, and any other logistics. Giives them a chance to monitor voluntary cancellations as well. Also opening 2 weeks before NBA start gives them a chance to stagger influx. I hope they get the NBA. would be cool to watch and revenue would help. Early next week they will send out remaining cancellations and perhaps start to cancel/modify ADRs to compensate for reduced capacity.
thoughts?
Just as a note, the NBA won't be playing games until mid-July at the earliest so I think the speculation in number 3 will not bear out at all.

Sorry for all the cancellations June folks. :(

I received the cancellation for our 6/1-6/11 trip around 10:30am and the first week of ADR’s and Fastpasses disappeared early in the afternoon. I did not change or cancel the reservation and it still sits there staring at me. I’m still in the I’ll go if only resorts are open but it’s looking wayyyy less likely now anyway. So, going to let Disney cancel it and we’ll figure out what to do.

At the moment, still staring at a room reservation at one of the Universal resorts but haven’t clicked book.

I received the cancellation for our 6/1-6/11 trip around 10:30am and the first week of ADR’s and Fastpasses disappeared early in the afternoon. I did not change or cancel the reservation and it still sits there staring at me. I’m still in the I’ll go if only resorts are open but it’s looking wayyyy less likely now anyway. So, going to let Disney cancel it and we’ll figure out what to do.

At the moment, still staring at a room reservation at one of the Universal resorts but haven’t clicked book.
We stayed at two different Universal resorts last year and they were wonderful. At this point it does appear Universal is further along in the reopening process.

sorry to everyone that has had trips cancelled

Cabana Bay is so great and then you have direct access to volcano bay

You'll be able to "cancel" your flight once (i.e. move it to another date). We moved ours from March to June though already, so we're on hold now trying to figure out what to do. I think one of the legs of the flight moved 4 hours, so I might be able to get a cash refund & can try to re-book another flight potentially. American Airline's change fees are rough. Good Luck! Hopefully you will not need to change your flight! :)
I know Delta is letting us change at least once. I'll have to change it because our June trip is a no-go now. I called Disney and cancelled our June 12-16 res, and they very kindly moved our VAH tickets from June 12 to July 6. I'm hesitant to move my flight to July, though, if we 1. Can only move them once and 2. Still don't know if Disney will be open then. I'll have to call and see what they suggest. I'm happy to take a credit for now since flights are so cheap. They did move our outbound flight so I might be able to argue a refund but I don't feel like dealing with that to be honest.

I have a question for the June 7-13 people....has anyone NOT been cancelled yet here? And, of you who were cancelled, are any of you Florida residents?

ETA: my June 10-12 is still no cancelled. I have not received an email, and I'm still able to modify FPs. I called and spoke with a CM and he checked with a supervisor and said if I haven't received a cancellation email yet then just hold onto my reservation. He said those emails should have already gone out to the people affected. I know it won't go to my spam folder because I've been cancelled on 2 previous times over the past couple of months. I'm wondering if they are filtering the reservations based on residency?

I have not been canceled yet. Our check in is 6/12 and we do not live in Florida. I'm not getting my hopes up, I expect cancelations could be in waves as we're not in a select group of any sort.

Are you able to modify your fps? Where were you staying?
We were at the campground and all my dinning and fast passes are still showing. I guess we'll see what else happens. We are also season passholders and I can still make fast passes for June 7th, so I'm not sure what that is about.

Does any one remember was it 2001 or 2008 when Disney closed some of the resorts to save money? Maybe they are planning to only open a few at first due to the limited capacity. I don't have any proof of this of course. Just thoughts.

I cancelled my June 10 Pop check in last week but left my ADRs, they were canceled today. I got an email and they are gone from MDE.

We are scheduled 6/27-7/3. At this point I'm not planning on going even if they are open because I want the full experience...everything open, no masks. My question for those of you getting cancellation emails...Is Disney offering you a deal to book later in the year...like free dining like they did for the first set of cancellations. If not I'm going to go ahead and just cancel now. Otherwise I will let Disney cancel for me. Thx!

Where were you staying?
CBR. I noticed that my EPCOT dining reservations have now disappeared :-( Guessing by this afternoon that will apply to more things.

Does any one remember was it 2001 or 2008 when Disney closed some of the resorts to save money? Maybe they are planning to only open a few at first due to the limited capacity. I don't have any proof of this of course. Just thoughts.

Maybe, but this wouldn't apply to us as I saw someone else posted their CBR was cancelled this morning.

We are scheduled 6/27-7/3. At this point I'm not planning on going even if they are open because I want the full experience...everything open, no masks. My question for those of you getting cancellation emails...Is Disney offering you a deal to book later in the year...like free dining like they did for the first set of cancellations. If not I'm going to go ahead and just cancel now. Otherwise I will let Disney cancel for me. Thx!
They've not been offering any incentive to rebook for canceled vacations since they pulled the free dining offer a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter