3 days at Disneyland in early March? Worth it??? I need my Disney fix!

bugarwitch

Mouseketeer
Bless his heart, my DH (who could care less about Disney, but me, a Disney addict!) agreed to go to Disneyland in mid March, at the end of our trip to AZ for Spring training!!! Looking at all the closures and refurbs, I am so afraid he will be totally turned off on the whole experience and never want to return! I don't want to miss this chance to go, but wonder if it is even worth it? My FAVORITE Splash Mountain will be closed, and no parades or fireworks! Half of CA Adventure closed too! Should I go for it- or wait, and hope he will go some other time? Your thoughts???

I just went this past week with my family, and it was still a great trip! With Max Pass, it felt less hectic than I remember, even though it was crowded every day.

I think people who couldn't care less about Disney probably wouldn't be as into the parades as the rest of us. So I wouldn't worry about that. And Fantasmic and World of Color are both still pretty big spectacles, so you won't feel like you're really missing the fireworks if you didn't think about it too much. It just gives you more time for rides, food, and other things!

I think you will have a nice time if you go in with a plan. When so many areas/things are closed, it does make the open areas much more crowded. Have a plan for a few things that you will do every day. Make meal reservations, book a WOC dessert party, do a dinner package for Fantasmic, afternoon tea at the DIsneyland Hotel... those are just a few ideas of things you can do that will get you out of the crowds and make for a fun visit. Rides are better in the mornings (shorter lines) and you can get MaxPass to make the ride lines shorter on a day by day basis.

Mid March doesn't have hours or the schedule available yet - you could see fireworks as they are showing up now end of Feb/early March on weekends like they normally do this time of year. Splash will likely still be down and nothing will change in DCA but I think you can still have a great time. If he's never been he has nothing to compare it to - we went in early 2012 our first time when DCA was all boarded up and we had a great time - we had no expectations to let us down. If you know you could come in the summer - I would wait - but if you are thinking it could be year or more until you can return I'd make the best of it.

With Splash and Screamin’ closed, I would honestly try going another time if he agrees, but if it’s now or never, go now! You’ve still got Space, Star Tours, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, GOTG, RSR, Soarin’, and a lot more!

....it would work, but you would really have to hide the disappointment, naturally, as my name suggest, Splash mt. closure is a no-go on visiting. Did it once without splash, never again....everything else can go wrong but as long as I have my four times in the same log on Chickapin every morning, the rest of the day at Disneyland is one big PARTY!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter