3 Favorite Rides to become Movies

Originally posted by Another Voice
And if the ‘Haunted Mansion’ ride is going to feature a six minute soundtrack of Murphy stichk, I may never go on the ride again.

That makes two of us! Enhancements to classic attractions are a good thing, but nothing should be done to undermine or destroy the basic character of the original.

Country Bear Jamboree, Why? Haunted Mansion would be a good movie and so Pirates of Caribbean but why COuntry Bear Jamboree!!!

I think Disney is missing the perfect Eddie Murphy/Attraction tie in.
A film based on The Living Seas...then they could change the name to Seabase Alphalfa.

Here's what I don't understand....they seem to be taking the names of classic attractions and turning them into something entirely different. I could get with the program on these if they were going to be well fleshed out versions of the backstory for these attractions....who are the Country Bears and how did they come to be doing a Jamboree? How did the Haunted Mansion get haunted? Who are the 999 Happy Haunts and why are they so darned happy? What led to the pirate's raid of the town? Who are the pirates? Who are the townspeople?

They're so into sequels, why not give us pre-quels for these attractions rather than ripping off a classic's well known name and making it into a movie that has nothing to do with anything....just more cheap crap up on a screen.

Originally posted by Another Voice
And if the ‘Haunted Mansion’ ride is going to feature a six minute soundtrack of Murphy stichk, I may never go on the ride again.
ugh. i agree. My first thought was "if the ‘Haunted Mansion’ ride is going to feature a six minute soundtrack of Murphy stichk, I may never go to wdw again!" A little extreme, but just an initial reaction. ;) A lot of the hope i hold out for disney is based on HM and PoC not being touched. Seasonal themes are one thing (did anyone see the nightmare before christmas HM?), but these are not to be messed with.

I can't help thinking of the Tower of Terror movie whenever these come up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter