30+ trips to Disney, first time I ever saw this!

Why isn’t Disney trying to control this infestation?

It’s not an infestation. Florida is filled with wildlife. Disney has taken some measures such as making you click on screen when making a resort reservation that you won’t feed wildlife. Doors of shops are frequently opened, so they have availability to a point of entry.

Guests need to be observant. Hold your food close. Don’t intentionally feed the animals.

I have seen deer, snakes, gators, possum, armadillos, cats and one bobcat on property. Of those. I’ve a snake at Epcot, MK, and AK. I’ve seen cats at DHS. The bobcat was in an open field by a wooded area near MK. Deer are often seen in the open spaces near woods.

Alligators have to reach a certain size before the wildlife commission will relocate them. I think it’s 4 feet.

In the TTC parking lot, there are signs warning about gators and snakes near the areas with trees.

I remember being at France in Epcot eating a pastry on a bench. My sister thought it would be funny to throw a piece of it on the ground. Within seconds, about 20 seagulls swooped down. I've been traumatized ever since. 😆

We were at the international gateway in EPCOT and a bird literally swooped in and took a whole pretzel from a lady walking right in front of us. They are very bold!

At Epcot we saw a squirrel climb into a stroller, grab a whole sandwich in a bag and run away with it

We saw something similar at EPCOT, but the squirrel ran away with someone's prescription medication! I felt so bad but he was gone lightning quick and I couldn't catch him. I know those caps are hard for people to get open, but hopefully the squirrel couldn't open it either.

The animals are quite brave there.... one time at Casey’s Corner, we headed to a table after receiving our order... as soon as I set my tray of food on the table, a bird dive bombed onto the table and stole a French fry the flew off... is was so quick, I had no time to protect what was mine🤣

At Contemporary Resort a bird swooped our table, grabbed my son’s entire bag of chips and flew away with it. We about died laughing.
I laughed until I cried at this. I can just imagine the looks on your faces. I too have been the victim of aggressive wildlife at WDW, but never this bold. I have friends who insist on feeding squirrels and I wish they would stop it. They mean well... and it's cute and all until an animal actually causes an injury to someone or is injured by someone.

We were at Launching Pad yesterday and a duck literally dive bombed my son and his hot dog! It was the craziest thing. I’ve never seen a duck behave like that!

A few years ago I was outside of flame tree bbq, I set my tray on a table and took a few steps away to grab silverware and a pelican looking bird stole my cornbread off the tray

after standing in line at Casey's Corner, I finally got my hot dog, and on my way to the tables, a gull swooped down and took the hot dog right out of the bun!

We saw a man feeding a squirrel at Epcot. It bit him badly; he was a bloody mess. The only people who think squirrels are cute, are people who have no experience with them. They are always shown as cute, innocent animals in cartoons and in books. They are not. They are no better than rats to me.

The thing I can't understand is: if you know what squirrels are like, you'd never feed one. This leads me to believe these people have no experience with squirrels..but, why would you try to feed an animal you have no knowledge of?

We were in the Splash Mtn gift shop a few years ago, when a squirrel ran in, grabbed a package of peanut m&m’s, and ran out. It was very comical. It appeared he had a plan and knew exactly which candy to get.

I have seen squirrels pilfering lunches and snacks from under strollers, but hey it's better than the RATS we saw at EPCOT near The Seas digging through your food. Now we NEVER leave food behind.

Random things that random people have said that have stuck with me... "Squirrels are just rats with better PR" (Sorry, Remy we tried)
That reminds me of a story my mom told me... they were visiting her grandparents in rural north Florida, back in the 50s. There was a pot bubbling on the stove and my mom asked what was cooking. "Squirrel stew!" said her granny. "Ewww, squirrels are just rats with fluffy tails!"

That got her thwacked upside the head with a wooden spoon. She still refused to eat it, though. Going hungry was worth it to her, lol.

Where DD does her Easter Egg hunting, they don't put the eggs out until about an hour before it starts instead of the night before like they used to. Because one year *while* hiding eggs, they heard a noise in a tree. A squirrel up there had already cracked open the egg and was working on the plastic packaging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter