30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

Taken approx 4:30 pm while waiting fir a friend to join me in holding area. First u can see people slowly filing in. If u zoom in by woman in red shirt, can see the rope dividing Beetlejuice & hill house
View attachment 612902

Same time frame, opposite direction. Towards start of hill house
View attachment 612904

Can't really see the rope from your photo. However, Thursday and Friday, the entire area next to and underneath Animal Actors was for Hill House. I waited in the area of your second pic on Friday, since I got in early. On Thursday, I got in later, so I waited in the covered area behind Animal Actors, behind the people near the tables. There was a rope separating the parts of the line, Both parts were for Hill House.

Kids and I did our first HHN last night. What a blast!!! We had such an awesome time, and hope to make this a tradition..it was crazy busy, very long lines aftrr were bout 8:30. Beetlejuice was still 85 minutes at 12:45 am. Missed that one andCase files. We arrived bout 4:25 to park, went to stay and scream pen near Springfield. Team members separated you into hill house and Beetlejuice. We quickly did Hill, wicked growth, Scarey, puppet theatre. Then headed to icons. Lines started getting a LOT longer. Waited bout 45 mins. Enjoyed pizza fries. Kids rode rip ride ticket. Then waited 56 mins for atecas Chainsaw. Posted was 85. Son had his fill , so he went back to hotel. My daughter and I stayed a bit longer, couple more houses and scare zones. So, so much fun. This thread was so very helpful. Chainsaw was my favorite, but I had at least one really good scare in all of them, many jumps and screams in several. I’d seen chainsaw when I was young, and it’s one of those movies that really scared me then, stick with me , so it was fun to see that recreated. Such a fun time!!!

yes, you can barely see it. Have to zoom in & squint, between the two ladies in red/pink, just a small line by wrists. If i had only known to focus on the rope lol. That is interesting both are for hill house now. Will report back what I see end of month.

It's very likely that things could change based upon crowd levels. This weekend was pretty crowded apparently. They sold out of tickets on Saturday. I think the Beetlejuice line was across Kid Zone over by ET, but I could be wrong. I didn't pay attention to where they were going. The Hill House line I was in started where you showed and looped back to underneath/right behind Animal Actors and through the actual Animal Actors stadium. Someone said they actually waited in the bleachers in the auditorium one night.

Hi all...

We have a Scream Early pass, HHN tickets and the Express pass option for this Sat (Oct 23rd). I have been to HHN twice before but with the RIP tour....at least I have a little experience though. I have a few questions, if you don't mind:

1) My husband has an ECV. He can park and walk though the houses though. So, are there just areas he can leave his cart to enter the line (like normal park hours)?

2) We've never done the Early Entry option for HHN. I want to be sure I understand... We can get in the park at 3pm and do normal park things until it closes at 5pm. Then we head to a holding zone? I'm assuming someone there checks/scans out tickets? From what I have read, there are 3 holding pens? Is there a benefit to each? I'd say Beetlejuice is our top priority. Do they line you up for a specific house in the pen? I'm hoping to do Beetlejouce once in the regular line and then again later using our express pass. Should that be our first house then? Any other tips on how the holding pens work?

3) Does someone have a House Order recommendation?

4) Should we get through all houses before enjoying the scare zones? Or are there certain Houses we should definitely hit before Scare Zones? Like I said, my husband has to park his ECV and can wait in line but obviously less waiting is better for him (fully recovered from double knee replacement).

5) Which Scare Zones seem to be a hit this year? Top houses? I know this is an opinion, but I enjoy hearing what people liked best.

Thanks,
Jess

There is the option you can push him in one of their loaner chairs for inside the house you do

Thank you…. I can’t physically do that (injury) or at least I shouldn’t, but he will be fine walking. He can walk without a problem, just a whole night of walking would be difficult. It’s more the longer distances of here to there that the cart helps with, both in terms of not overdoing it and, honestly, speed. It lets him keep up better which is less frustrating for him.

Thanks again.. It is good to know that’s an option.

I'm hoping to do Beetlejouce once in the regular line and then again later using our express pass. Should that be our first house then? Any other tips on how the holding pens work?
Yes, get in the proper line. Entrance to BJ is across from labamba

if standby line is 20-30 min or less, I’d wait in it vs using ur EP.

Try to knock out the houses in that area (5), working your way back around lagoon to FF theater where can’t miss show is located.

Not sure about that late of a Saturday in October as to crowds, assume huge. However, if everything lines up, u just may be able to knock out that area & the first show of night.

Should we get through all houses before enjoying the scare zones?
By necessity, you will likely walk thru them on way to houses. Can always revisit later

Suggest reading back thru the thread, lots of helpful hints

I am starting to panic. There are ONLY 11 HHN nights left :(

I need to figure out when we're going again. I know Halloween night for sure.

Does anyone know, is this week the traditional hell week for HHN? The worst week of the event attendance wise?

2) We've never done the Early Entry option for HHN. I want to be sure I understand... We can get in the park at 3pm and do normal park things until it closes at 5pm. Then we head to a holding zone? I'm assuming someone there checks/scans out tickets? From what I have read, there are 3 holding pens? Is there a benefit to each? I'd say Beetlejuice is our top priority. Do they line you up for a specific house in the pen? I'm hoping to do Beetlejouce once in the regular line and then again later using our express pass. Should that be our first house then? Any other tips on how the holding pens work?
We did HHN last Thursday. We didn't do the holding area this year, but we have in years past. In our experience, you do get your tickets scanned and just mill around in the area until you're released. They don't line you up for a specific area. They generally release you shortly before the main gates open, so I'd suggest being in a holding area closest to your top priority house. If that's Beetlejuice, then Simpsons area is the closest I think.

We got in line when it was back to the archway and were inside within about 10 minutes after the gates opened. We went straight back to Beetlejuice and there was a posted 45 minute wait already. We had EPs. So I'd definitely suggest that and Hill House be your first houses of the night.

I am starting to panic. There are ONLY 11 HHN nights left :(

I need to figure out when we're going again. I know Halloween night for sure.

Does anyone know, is this week the traditional hell week for HHN? The worst week of the event attendance wise?
You want to go the day before Halloween. And you want to join an RIP tour (like mine - send a PM!). Then you won't care about the crowds because you'll have Front of the Line VIP access!

Used to be as I understand it. orange co schools are in session that week this year. only after seeing that did we, over a month ago, decide to venture down this coming Sunday for a bonus trip this season:banana:

Even factoring in the procrastinators, thot we’d be able to enjoy a far less crowded experience that week. Then, I discovered after speaking to TMs, that many dates (generally very busy ones during prior years) were opened to TMs attendance this year.

Not concerned enough to cancel by any means. Have FF+, will be able to get in several houses at bare minimum over 4 event nights

Perception is everything with the FOMO crowd. Last thing U wants posted out are reports of a dead ;)HHN. If the gate appears “off” they will surely open up dates to employees to pad the attendance. do believe it will be, at the bare minimum, steady/moderately busy. Wild card = weather but, extended forecast looks ideal.

We had a great time Columbus Day Weekend. I went Thursday-Sunday. DH and DS could only do Saturday & Sunday. Went with one of my local friends Thursday & Friday. @OhioStateBuckeye and BF took my husband and son's place in the 3 house tour Saturday morning. They got hit by the SW delays. It was a great tour. @OhioStateBuckeye, fiance, and our other local friend joined my family for a private RIP tour Saturday night. We had Jordan and had an excellent time. I had EP for all nights except the RIP night. I did some low wait houses Thursday & Friday with my friend w/o EP and did more before/after she arrived with EP. I was able to do every house every night. My family and I did houses with EP on Sunday night. We had a great trip, and I really wish we could go again this season. Hopefully next year.

It was nice talking with you @vinotinto and helping to embarrass your kids :rotfl2: I hope you had a great time.

You want to go the day before Halloween. And you want to join an RIP tour (like mine - send a PM!). Then you won't care about the crowds because you'll have Front of the Line VIP access!

Not in the budget atm, but I appreciate the invite :) Hope you have a fantastic time!

We had a great time Columbus Day Weekend. I went Thursday-Sunday. DH and DS could only do Saturday & Sunday. Went with one of my local friends Thursday & Friday. @OhioStateBuckeye and BF took my husband and son's place in the 3 house tour Saturday morning. They got hit by the SW delays. It was a great tour. @OhioStateBuckeye, fiance, and our other local friend joined my family for a private RIP tour Saturday night. We had Jordan and had an excellent time. I had EP for all nights except the RIP night. I did some low wait houses Thursday & Friday with my friend w/o EP and did more before/after she arrived with EP. I was able to do every house every night. My family and I did houses with EP on Sunday night. We had a great trip, and I really wish we could go again this season. Hopefully next year.

That unmasking tour was fantastic! I appreciate the invite and the misfortune of your family in missing it ;) Thanks Southwest!

After hearing the entire backstory for Case Files, that is now at the top of my list for favorite house.

Couple pictures from unmasking will follow, please scroll down and skip if you don't want to see:

Wolfman's cane (easter egg in Bride)

Dracula's ring (another easter egg in Bride)

Icons house facade actually spells out 'Icons' at the top:

Possible hidden mickey in Tooth Fairy kitchen:

You can also see the Shrek pre show room from Case Files:

After hearing the entire backstory for Case Files, that is now at the top of my list for favorite house.
Yeah - it does make a big difference

In future my plan is to do one night of HHN and then do the behind the scenes tour.
It did add a lot to the experience for me - but still need at least one night it experience it cold.

Hi all! DH and I attended HHN last week. I've been so busy the last few months that I've not had the chance to keep up with HHN reviews and the threads here. I'm curious to know what everyone's opinions on it this year was? What's the general consensus?

We have been to the last 5 or 6 HHNs, and this was our least favorite. We were underwhelmed. We thought the houses were lacking considering its the 30th anniversary, and the masks/plastic sheets used in the houses as covid precautions really diminished the experience for us. I don't fault Universal for this, I know their hands were tied and they made the best of it, but we really didn't have any good scares or startles since the majority of the scare actors were predictable. After we left, we agreed that we'd probably skip next year's event unless things are (hopefully) back to normal by then. I will say that if the event was made cheaper (HA!) because of the diminished experience, perhaps we would have shrugged it off, but of course that was not the case.

Anyone else feel this way?

Reactions: shh
This was my 27th year of hhn

This year had a few houses I quite enjoyed but overall, did not wow me

I would say some past years I have been to a few dull hhn evenings but still they had a few houses that made it worth going

Tickets now sold out online for Saturday. Next Saturday still available (so far). Express for next Sat 10/30 is up to $229.99 - wow!

PM me if you're going next Sat 10/30 and want to get in on our RIP tour! It's a great deal :dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter