4/24/2010 Med cruise: Friends, Romans, Countrymen lend me your Ears

We've arrived safely in Barcelona and bumped into Julie at the airport! So happy to hear that some of you managed to get flights out. REALLY praying and hoping for all you to still make this cruise. Have had a busy day today to try and adjust to the time change. Will pop by again tommorow to check everyone else's progress.

Oh my NC Tink, I am so happy for you. I have been following this thread and praying for all of you. Great news!

Lots of pixie dust for all the April 24th cruisers!!pixiedust:party:

(we leave on the 15th of May and cannot imagine the roller coaster you are on!)

Great news LuAnne!! :cool1:

Well - once again don't count us down and out -- our rollercoaster ride ain't over yet. Our flight is currently showing as delayed. We called JetAirways this morning and the CS rep indicated that on his system it's showing on time. So, we're headed out the door to JFK in about 45 minutes - OMG!!! Our flight could be leaving anytime between it's scheduled departure at 6:10 or the 3:30 am estimated delayed departure. At this point - whatever - HOPEFULLY this is the last time I can say we may be coming! I hope the next post I make is either from JFK that says we're boarding or from Barcelona to say "we're here!" To all who are traveling today and in the next few days -- safe travels and see you in Barcelona!!! (I hope ;))

Fingers crossed for you!:goodvibes

What a travel story for your grandchildren this will be! Hoping it all works out, and you get a happy ending. Everyone on this site is keeping tabs and pulling for you!

:jumping3::jumping2::bounce::ccat::donald::dumbo:::tigger::mickeyjum

NC Tink -- I'm at JFK too. I so hope your flight goes, and that we get to meet up in Barcelona.

DS and I arrived safely, the reason the flight was "held" was because it is going to be a very full flight, and they wanted to assign seats here. We have our boarding passes and all is looking good for on on time take off to Barcelona. Hoping the skies stay clear for all of those travelling later in the week, especially my DH who will fly in Saturday morning from South America.

shushh--- YEAH!!!! So glad you made it in.

Well - once again don't count us down and out -- our rollercoaster ride ain't over yet. Our flight is currently showing as delayed. We called JetAirways this morning and the CS rep indicated that on his system it's showing on time. So, we're headed out the door to JFK in about 45 minutes - OMG!!! Our flight could be leaving anytime between it's scheduled departure at 6:10 or the 3:30 am estimated delayed departure. At this point - whatever - HOPEFULLY this is the last time I can say we may be coming! I hope the next post I make is either from JFK that says we're boarding or from Barcelona to say "we're here!" To all who are traveling today and in the next few days -- safe travels and see you in Barcelona!!! (I hope ;))

Pulling for you and your family :goodvibes !! Looking forward to passing you as you get off and we get on on the 5th. Best wishes and tons of pixie dust!

I am so happy for all of you! I have been following your posts and glad to see things are starting to work out. I wish you all a safe trip and look forward to reading all your trip reports when you return from your FABULOUS vacation!! :yay:

Still don't know if we will get there or not. We are flying British Air out of Philly to Heathrow and then on a different flight to Barcelona. They haven't notified me yet that it is cancelled so am hoping we will be in the air tomorrow night. thanks for the Pixie dust.

That's good news and I wish you luck getting to Barcelona. Certainly been a roller coaster ride.

It seems that everyone is getting a flight. This has been an exhausting week and I'm still cautious about even being able to make it. I'm at the point where I'll believe it as I'm walking onto the Magic on Saturday. I'm still trying to find air for tomorrow evening instead since I know that I will be a nervous nelly with having connecting flights and arriving 10:10 Saturday morning. Everything has to go like clockwork in order for us to get there.

Everyone have a safe trip and see you all at 3:00 on Saturday!!!!

LuAnne

It seems that everyone is getting a flight. This has been an exhausting week and I'm still cautious about even being able to make it. I'm at the point where I'll believe it as I'm walking onto the Magic on Saturday. I'm still trying to find air for tomorrow evening instead since I know that I will be a nervous nelly with having connecting flights and arriving 10:10 Saturday morning. Everything has to go like clockwork in order for us to get there.

Everyone have a safe trip and see you all at 3:00 on Saturday!!!!

LuAnne

Best of luck! Hope you get onto the Magic Saturday. We are rooting for you.

I second your comment on the exhausting week. I think this has been a mentally draining week for many given all the uncertainty on the flights.

We have not been able to get a flight to Barcelona yet. Nothing on American that we can find tomorrow night. We'll check some more tonight just in case.

We did pull our Rome flight in and get into Rome on Sunday vs Tuesday. We'll spend some time there before we head to Naples on Tuesday. Disney is making arrangements to get us on the ship in Naples and someone will pick us up at the hotel to bring us to the cruise ship. They don't know yet if we can still do our planned shore excursion we booked with them. Still nervous about that. But we know they are trying to align all this.

I've not yet canceled our port excursions for Tunisia or Malta yet as I was afraid if I did that, a Barcelona flight would pop up and then I wouldn't be able to rebook these.

Still don't know if we will get there or not. We are flying British Air out of Philly to Heathrow and then on a different flight to Barcelona. They haven't notified me yet that it is cancelled so am hoping we will be in the air tomorrow night. thanks for the Pixie dust.

Have positive thoughts you will get there! flights to barcelona are still going each night so you seem to be in good shape.

Best wishes to all those traveling, or attempting to. My heart goes out to all of you and I know I would be devastated if I were in your positions. We are pulling for you all to make it to the ship in time for sailaway. Hugs everyone!

Just got an email from BA welcoming me to my flight. I am hoping they mean it and that this is not just a pre-programed letter.

We are off in the morning! We'll have a layover in Philly so I will try to pop in. See you Saturday!

Safe travels everyone! Couldn't check in online because the TA just listed my first and last name on the ticket and the pop up said that the ticket had to match the passport exactly-so, hope they will still let us board... On the plus side I finally got the bags under 50 pounds! Had to take out two pairs of shoes and two sweaters and overstuff the carryon! I won't be able to shop unless I can wear it home!

I hope this means you are good to go and your flight takes off!

I think I am good to go because I now have been able to print my boarding pass and have an assigned seat. Hooooray! I know how down I have been so I can truly sympathize with the few that were unable to make it.

Hurray for everyone flying out soon!!! Very happy to hear that. Looking forward to meet up with everyone so we can all "relive" our flight dramas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter