4/24/2010 Med cruise: Friends, Romans, Countrymen lend me your Ears

Hi All,

Glad to hear that flights are working out for people. We arrived in Barcelona yesterday and are still recovering from the jet lag. We are staying at one of the Disney assigned hotels so we are checking in completely today. We are considering going to the fountain tonight but even after sleeping 14 hours the four of us are wiped out so don't count on us.

See you all tomorrow.

Debby

Can't wait to see all you guys tomorrow :wave:

We've got to be up at 3.30am our time - airport at 5am - flight at 7.20am - hopfully to the ship by 12pm Spainish time :goodvibes
I've never been so pleased to have to wake up so early for a flight :rotfl: the thought of a 24 hour journey by train was horrible :headache:

Hi everyone! We are here, and have had an incredible day. I updated my blog and trip report if anyone wants to check it out! Not sure what else the night will hold as we are wiped out.

Finally arrived in Barcelona about 5pm. Charlotte´s luggage did not make it. We may not be at the 3:00 meet for name tags as we have to go with Disney at 3;00 They are taking everyone who is missing luggage to a market, so if her bag isn´t here in the morning, won´t be there. <Our cabin is 6508 in case someone can drop off the lanyards and name tags if we aren´t there.

This time tomorrow, most of us will finaly be together on the Magic. Hope to see as many as possible at 3:00 pm.

I'll ask Stephanie if she'll leave her white board on the 7540 (7542?) door - I think this was agreed upon earlier. If anyone wants to leave a message, it's a big white board, although messages can get smeared. If you want the info to last a bit longer, write it on paper and stick it out from behind the board.

I'm in 6569 if anyone needs anything. Julie is in 6567.

As far as they are telling us (and based on 2007), Thursday night's 5 minute fireworks show will be all we get - can't believe y'all saw it from the plane.

Finally arrived in Barcelona about 5pm. Charlotte´s luggage did not make it. We may not be at the 3:00 meet for name tags as we have to go with Disney at 3;00 They are taking everyone who is missing luggage to a market, so if her bag isn´t here in the morning, won´t be there. <Our cabin is 6508 in case someone can drop off the lanyards and name tags if we aren´t there.

Glad you made it though sorry to hear about the luggage. Does that mean they don't think the luggage can arrive tomorrow in time to get to the ship before it sails?

Does anyone on TA know whether or not they carry any mediterranean cruise guides with maps in the gift shops.

Silly us, we boarded our flight and just realized that we didn't bring our cruise guide along.

Very excited to be meeting all you guys soon.

Very happy to see all who have made it, looking forward to meeting you tomorrow afternoon. DS and I had a great day exploring Barcelona on the Hop On Bus. Gotta go check and make sure DH flight left and will get here on time.

NC Tink -- so glad we get to do Rome together!

Just arrived in Barcelona, can see the Magic from my hotel room, can't wait to be on it tomorrow! This hotel is amazing though, wich we could stay a little longer! Let the Magic begin woooo!

I'm so sorry about the Magic Fountain no show. I fell asleep and no one woke me up!

For those who were still travelling last I checked, have a safe trip and we'll meet up soon later today!!!!

Finally! Hurray!!!!

I bet you are all busy boarding and getting settled in your staterooms now! :worship::cool1::thumbsup2:cloud9:

60 days till our Baltic Cruise! :banana::goodvibes I can't stand the suspense! popcorn::

Hey you! :confused3 In Cabin 7510! :thumbsup2 Ya you! :confused3 Feel free to leave your extra money under the mattress for us!! pirate::flower3::cloud9:

Have a great trip!! :wizard::cloud9:

Malta internet cafe: Ziffa Internet Center. I've got 30 minutes for 2.40 euros (that would be $22.50 onboard at the per-minute rate - and you'd never get 30 minutes of fast internet). They even have Skype. It is on
Triq Id-Dejqa (Strait Street) just off South Street (it is on a little side street), not far from the Upper Barrakka gardens or the bus terminus.

There are McD's, Pizza Hut, etc (no photos can be taken in McD's!) and the whole thing seems very easy to navigate without a tour. We did the Valetta Historical Hunt; the DISboard team of Becx N Gav, Walter, intern Max and auntlynne won.

Barcelona is an architecturally fascinating city - we did the HOHO (red bus company - they took credit cards; the turquoise bus did not. 22 euros for a one-day pass on either bus company).

What a great time!!! It was a fantastic cruise -- we're sitting at our hotel in Barcelona waiting for our rooms. So sad to leave today :guilty: To all my fellow friends -- it was great meeting all of you! I'm off to read a few of the blogs and TRs that have already been started.

To all getting on board today -- have a great time! We keep the ship nice and warm for ya! :thumbsup2

We have arrived back home safely. There was some suggestion when we were waiting for the check in desks to open in Barcelona that there would only be limited flights in and out of Manchester, but we made it with no problems. We had a wonderful cruise.

Corinna

Hi, this is Anne from 5/15 upcoming cruise. I had a question. Did anyone go on the Pottery in Nabeul excursion? I had read another post of someone who was concerned 1)drive was long and 2)possible safety issues in N. Africa. Any reason to be concerned? Thanks.

Home now for a few hours. Sig is passed out on the couch.

We had a great time and it was fantastic to meet everyone.

abird: can't answer about the excursion in particular, but we spent three weeks in Morocco prior to the cruise and traveled all over on our own- no problems at all even in places where tourists rarely go. Of course I saw a lot more security in Morocco, but I think the security situation in Tunisia-Morocco, etc isn't as bad as other parts of that region. I didn't feel at all threatened or in danger, but that might just be me. Others might want to chime in. That said, though I loved Morocco, Tunisia not so much.

Have a great cruise.

Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter