4 hour wait to cancel ADR cant do it online

Cj2017

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have issues with not being able to cancel Steakhouse 71? I have two reservations that are requiring me to call and of course there is a 4-hour wait but it has to be today or I get $160.00 charge ($10x8x2) for breakfast and dinner.

• Sad
Reactions: shh
I can't cancel mine either. I've tried the modify to another day and cancel it that way...still no luck!

Does anyone have issues with not being able to cancel Steakhouse 71? I have two reservations that are requiring me to call and of course there is a 4-hour wait but it has to be today or I get $160.00 charge ($10x8x2) for breakfast and dinner.
that. is. insane. Sorry OP - what a hassle. Utterly ridiculous that you can't cancel a ressie online. Is this 2021 or 1981?

There is a change button but I get but when I click it I get an online error

Dealing with same issue.....I believe it is cancelled in system and just not reflecting/confusing My Disney experience. That is why there is error when trying to change. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ugh, I got super excited because I saw the cancel button, but once I hit cancel it it says "Please call to cancel"

If the OP is currently on property go to any restaurant or guest services to cancel.

This is YMMV, I'd take a screenshot of the call. I'd cancel in person ,even same day. Cancellimg the trip. Id go with a credit card dispute before Id wait for 4 hours. Try chat or contact via email first

This is happening to me as well. Was able to move the reservation out, but still unable to cancel. App and browser, same experience. Beyond frustrating.

Did you try calling the dining line and using the automated system? I think it will let you punch in your reservation # for cancellation or modification. This worked once for me when I had DH as the lead on one ADR so I couldn't cancel through my MDE.

Did you try calling the dining line and using the automated system? I think it will let you punch in your reservation # for cancellation or modification. This worked once for me when I had DH as the lead on one ADR so I couldn't cancel through my MDE.

Be careful with this - I did it, too, once due to long wait times and was still charged the fee. I ended up calling after it showed up on my credit card and the CM said you still get charged through the automated cancel line :rolleyes2 YMMV, though.

• Wow
Reactions: shh
If it is just a Steakhouse 71 reservation causing the problem, it is a known glitch. If you cancelled online and the cancel button has disappeared and been replaced with "call to cancel", Disney sees it as cancelled on their end (or that's what they've told multiple people with this issue). It just refuses to stop showing up in MDE. Did you receive a cancellation confirmation email?

Same issue because I couldn’t cancel. I called the DVC member aervices and was done on 10
Minutes. I held on the mainline doe 3 hours the other day. What a pain

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter