6/13/2009 Western on Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

We are:

Randi-Me
Ashlyn (DD)- will be 12

Hubby will be traveling for work this week so he can't come. DD wants to take a friend, not sure about that one yet...

My parents:

Don
Gail

We are from SC, can't wait!!:cool1:

We are from SC too. :):thumbsup2

I went to lunch with a very good friend today. She is a professional artist and VERY crafty. She helped me come up with a GREAT idea for FE gifts. It will NOT be the magnets, so wanted to give y'all the heads up so you could make it if you want one. But I think you will LOVE them!!!

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!

Wanted to first say we did get our cabin and it is 2036

So I am glad to finally have a number!! My sister and her husband are right beside us!

Again this is our fourth cruise and we have been on deck 6 deck 5 and deck 7 so this is our first time on deck 2!!!

I am just going to say that it would not have mattered to me really where we ended up because I knew I took that risk when I opted for the GTY 12:confused3

I am just happy that we are going on VACATION in less than 6 weeks!!!
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Disneyanna1- 2 adults & 2 children
self - Anna
DH - David
DD - Ava (5)
DS - Eric (7)
Main Dining
Room 1046 and 1048
outside of Charlotte, NC

Having never cruised, for upgrades do they go by the Cat you originally booked or the Cat you are in currently? Ie to upgade now (after room assignments) do you pay the difference from a 12- 6 (even though you are assigned a Cat 9 now), or is from a Cat 9 to a Cat 6?

Would there be a price difference in upgrading now vs at the port? We aren't (very happy with what we got), but I was just curious with everything that happened today.

You pay the difference from a 12 not what you get assigned to unfortanatly.

My TA told me there might be problems when linking reservations. Unfortunately, this is what happened... I am sorry for the ones who didn't get what you wanted or preferred.:hug:

Hopefully, there will be a chance to upgrade once at port. pixiedust:

Congrats to the ones who got awesome upgrades! :thumbsup2

"IMO" ~ You take a gamble when you allow DCL to choose your room... but you got a great deal. I paid almost full price for my cat 10 rm# 7505 *originally 2139 ~ I up-decked!* I am not a gambler & prefer to pick exactly where I want to be. Is it a better room than what I originally had? I have no idea but just glad to have a room.

Donna/Diane ~ you are only 2 decks below me! :thumbsup2 And closer to the bars!!!

I hope the disappointment wears off & everyone can continue planning OUR FANTABULOUS UPCOMING DISNEY MAGICAL CRUISE!!! Just think there are A LOT of people who can not even afford a vacation let alone a Disney vacation!

Thanks for a great post and trying to cheer up those down in the dumps!

Sorry to interrupt...

Jayde's ultrasound came back normal but she is still having abdominal pain (traveling to the left region) ~ sees Dr again Wed.

A friend was stating it could be an ulcer?!?! :confused3

I hope she feels better soon!

Just think ... you could be me ... who panicked about the flu and cancelled my two GTY 12's, got my money back and am now sad that I'm not going ... in fact, I just called to see if I could rebook ... I still may be going ... will keep you posted.

Maureen

I hope things workout for you and you can rebook! I went through the same concearns as you. We were VERY close to canceling too. I met with DD's infectious disease doc on the 45 day mark and he gave us the ok to go even though the day before he said not too.

We are on level 1 too. We bought 2 cat. 12 rooms because it was cheaper at the time than booking 1 cat. 12 for 4 people. I am a travel agent and requested connecting rooms and didn't get it, so it is the luck of the draw. We paid an amazing price, so I'm just grateful we got upgraded and got rooms side by side. The cat. 9 is about 40 more sq. feet than the cat. 12. One Disney cruise agent said we could possibly be all the way across the ship from each other! I read the stateroom reviews and it says it's nice and quiet as there are not a lot of people/kids banging down the halls, plus you get awseome water views as you are so low. Also, it's not as rocky at the bottom of the boat. Cheer up! I know it's disapointing (I'd rather be up higher as well), but I never spend too much time in the rooms anyway.

An ocean view would have been nice on Deck 1 but we got 10's not 9's.

I thought the threads closed at 250 pages????? We get locked out of this one soon so we might want to start another one just in case.

Hey SUZCRUISE ! I have cabins 2540 and 2542 ! And, we're from Indiana too!!!!!!!!!! Where do you live ??? I saw that too about #2538 and #2540 too, being connected... that's kind of silly to me, since we reserved two cabins...must not be too uncommon for Disney to do...

I live in Dyer, that is up in Northwest Indiana. Are you from Indianapolis?

I figured that another group must have 2540 & 2542, else you think they'd do the connecting... must be too difficult to figure out ahead of time, or maybe they just don't try that hard? Any my rooms are me and my 2 daughter and the other is my mom, my nephew and my son. So I won't be separated from my spouse at least! I'm glad triplefigs got the connecting much more reason to connect... I'm just being separated from one of my kids.... which sometimes can be a good thing.:laughing::laughing::laundy:

Anyway looks like a lot of us along that side of the ship on deck 2!

You pay the difference from a 12 not what you get assigned to unfortanatly.

Thanks for a great post and trying to cheer up those down in the dumps!

I hope she feels better soon!

I hope things workout for you and you can rebook! I went through the same concearns as you. We were VERY close to canceling too. I met with DD's infectious disease doc on the 45 day mark and he gave us the ok to go even though the day before he said not too.

An ocean view would have been nice on Deck 1 but we got 10's not 9's.

I thought the threads closed at 250 pages????? We get locked out of this one soon so we might want to start another one just in case.
I started our new thread and copied all of Fran's info and hard work. Please start posting there ASAP as this one will be closed.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31665849#post31665849

Ok so I just went and picked up DD from school. I did some soul searching on the way and thought long and hard about my feelings today.

Last week I was thrilled to save $1,500 (originally I thought $1,300 but it was higher! :thumbsup2) I said then it did not matter what I got. I did however have a gut feeling we would NOT be on Deck 1. I think had we been on deck 1 with at least the 2 little portholes it might have made the blow a little easier.

I need to be thankful for saving the money. I have been saying all day I wish I never gave up my rooms and just kept the price I had. Then I thought to myself if these 2 rooms were avail for $1,500 and I could have just picked them I would have. I think it was just hard hearing EVERYONE either get Oceanview rooms or higher decks that was so hard to handle. It was just one after another after another. I would have prefered an 11 on a higher deck vs a 10 on Deck 1. I know not everyone will agree with me but that is just my opinion about it.

It seems as if everyone got side by side which was very nice. I am happy for everyone. I def wish I was one of those who were either on Deck 2 with a nice large porthole room or on a higher deck all together. I am however thankful for even getting the 12's last week when they seemed like a lost cause when I first booked.

Deb your post stated things very nicely. I am not a risk taker so that is probably why this is a little harder for me to swallow. I have read a few (not many) posts though today with those who got Oceanview rooms making it seem like those of us who are upset should not be. I think it is easy for you to say that when you are not the one who is feeling disappointed. Whether you agree with our reasoning or not please try not to tell someone how they should feel. The excitement and the build up and then the let down is very hard to swallow sometimes.

I want to take a higher road here and I am going to. I need to be thankful of all of the money I saved. If this was the only DCL cruise I thought I was taking then I would not have switched to a 12. We have the TA booked next year and we want to book the PC in 2011 too. One of the things when I switched I said...well this will be more money to take another cruise. I need to keep reminding myself that.

I am looking forward to the cruise and to the meeting everyone. We have a great group of people on board and looking forward to an awesome time! :thumbsup2

:welcome: to all of the new people and congrats to everyone for all of their great upgrades!

Ok time to take the higher road and be thankful! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter