6/13/2009 Western on Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all who got upgraded and are happy! :cool1: :thumbsup2

Sending hugs to all those who didn't get an upgrade, who did and got a "bad" room, or who just didn't get what they wanted. :hug: :hug: :hug:

can't the TA do anything? I guess when you are linked they figure you want to be near each other.

It's not DCL's fault by any means. It's the TA's for jumping the gun. I know it is babyish and stupid but now I don't even want to go. :sad2: DD doesn't really care since she is too cool for Disney and it's "just another cruise so who cares, Mom?" (that's teenspeak for "whatever") Again, I'm teary because the TA KNEW BETTER YET STILL DID IT. Will they do anything? Doubtful because it was DCL that made the assignments and "you takes what you gets."

It's not DCL's fault by any means. It's the TA's for jumping the gun. I know it is babyish and stupid but now I don't even want to go. :sad2: DD doesn't really care since she is too cool for Disney and it's "just another cruise so who cares, Mom?" (that's teenspeak for "whatever") Again, I'm teary because the TA KNEW BETTER YET STILL DID IT. Will they do anything? Doubtful because it was DCL that made the assignments and "you takes what you gets."
:hug: But at least you have good company next door! :thumbsup2

Yes, hugs to those that did not get what they hoped for:hug:

I know my heart dropped at first when I thought we were still in Cat 12 but I was trying to cheer myself up so I definitely know the feeling. I was hoping for at least a 9 but see that DCL was really trying to keep us together, so I appreciate that fully.

Never sailed in a Cat 11 before, but we did have the Cat 10 on the Repo and did not miss the window at all so I am excited to try a new category.

Thank you Brooklyn for helping me figure it all out this morning. :wizard:

Understand your frustration with you TA. Would hate for you not go,thou!

I think rooms on deck 5 are great!! I think location is best thing when it comes to upgrades.:)
And really over all, any upgrade is good and think about the cost that you saved!!!:banana::banana::banana:

AMEN to the sleeping! ;):rotfl:You are only 7 cabins from us! :banana:

[/QUOTE]

I figured you of all people would appreciate the sleeping crack.
I always have to laugh about the people with 1 baby complaining that they don't get any sleep...I tell them now just imagine 2...they usually shudder. Then again I was always in awe of all my triplet friends.... and when I really want to be thankful for what I have, there's the friend who had QUADs... oh and then while on birth control had a singleton less than 12 months later....:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I know it's stupid, but I am upset about our assignment, too, so I know how you feel. I really, really wanted a Cat 9 or a Cat 11 Deck 7 aft and my TA made a mistake and now I am the one who has to "pay" for it, not her.
Maybe you and Diane could trade your 2 Cat 11 sideways with Stephanies 2 Cat 9's.... :confused3

Try to not worry to much. With 40 days to go and I sure (at least I hope) that this cruise will not be full. There so many cabins in each catergory open when I checked this weekend. You will probably have a very good chance of upgrading/changing at the port. Even if it's just a change of location.
I can tell you that's what is keeping my spirits up :yay:

Hey everyone..this is number 11 cruise for me and my girlfriends first cruise =D us and my parents and friends of ours and there kids are all going! the 10 of us!! we r all excited

but me (Deanna *DJ) and my girlfriend (Amber) are looking for anyone from ages 18 to 22 to hang out with so we have people to hang with instead of parents =D

feel free to reply on here or private msg me anytime for more info and start talking

EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!:yay:

:welcome:

Can you upgrade??? :confused3 I am really sorry you are so dissapointed.

Well I can pay the $1300+ and in DCL's mind "downgrade" to an 11. I could upgrade my mom and the girls to one CAT 6 with a verandah for basically about $1200.

It just sucks that I was trying to make this so special for the girls with boarding on their birthdays. Now I am just so disappointed. I know I took chance but I guess I figured I would not end up in 2 rooms that each sleep 4 (all of deck 1 sleeps 4) with not having 4 people in the room.

DH said to just pay the money. I could wait and be miserable for 40 days and see what happens or I could just bite the bullet and pay. :confused3

5505, right next to Diane's, 5501... Trouble is that our TA crossed-referenced our cabins which was supposed to be for DINNER seating and it messed us up as far as ressies go. DCL thought they were being nice by giving us side-by-side cabins but we think it may have hindered our ability to get the coveted Cat 9's. Our TA should have held off on linking until assignments were made, IMO, which is what is really upsetting me (more than the stinky cabin).

Are those right at the front? What did you hope for? at least 5 is centrally located.

This is the reason I just book the room. I have VERY BAD luck and would get the noisiest, worst room, with no extra charge for seage smell!

If rooms stay open now that they have done assignments maybe prices will come down and you can get what you want--aren't they offering Florida res discounts?

Well I can pay the $1300+ and in DCL's mind "downgrade" to an 11. I could upgrade my mom and the girls to one CAT 6 with a verandah for basically about $1200.

It just sucks that I was trying to make this so special for the girls with boarding on their birthdays. Now I am just so disappointed. I know I took chance but I guess I figured I would not end up in 2 rooms that each sleep 4 (all of deck 1 sleeps 4) with not having 4 people in the room.

DH said to just pay the money. I could wait and be miserable for 40 days and see what happens or I could just bite the bullet and pay. :confused3
PAY!!!!!! DH said too, it would make you MUCH happier, and it's their birthdays!!! With all that Maddie goes thru, your DH being deployed/gone for long times, your upcoming move... it will totally be worth it!!! :thumbsup2 And you're still not out any more $$ than you were spending a few days ago. If you don't and can't upgrade at the port, I don't think you'll be happy. And Disney should be HAPPY!!! :flower3: :cool1:

I called my TA to express my frustration :headache: to her for her mistake of linking us...and she told me that I could upgrade to get a different cabin :mad:. The cost difference is $2381. :scared1: WHAT? I can't afford that.

I guess I will just stay where I am unless I can get a cheaper upgrade at check in, problem is I won't get to port until probably 1:00 and by them most of those will be gone if not all of them. I can't believe this all this waiting and excitement to be disappointed, let down and on the brink of tears. I just don't want to be as far forward as I can get.

Stephanie seems to think it is a great room though so I will take her word for it and see what I get later or just sleep changes clothes and enjoy the midship decks a lot.

I called my TA to express my frustration :headache: to her for her mistake of linking us...and she told me that I could upgrade to get a different cabin :mad:. The cost difference is $2381. :scared1: WHAT? I can't afford that.

I guess I will just stay where I am unless I can get a cheaper upgrade at check in, problem is I won't get to port until probably 1:00 and by them most of those will be gone if not all of them. I can't believe this all this waiting and excitement to be disappointed, let down and on the brink of tears. I just don't want to be as far forward as I can get.

Stephanie seems to think it is a great room though so I will take her word for it and see what I get later or just sleep changes clothes and enjoy the midship decks a lot.

Well if you 2 move, tell me. I will take those rooms in HEARTBEAT!!!!

Try to not worry to much. With 40 days to go and I sure (at least I hope) that this cruise will not be full. There so many cabins in each catergory open when I checked this weekend. You will probably have a very good chance of upgrading/changing at the port. Even if it's just a change of location.
I can tell you that's what is keeping my spirits up :yay:

Go back and check now -- there is almost no availabilty left. They put out a whole block of Cat 12's late last week and filled the ship. Now Cat 11 & 10's & 9's are only as guarantees from what I could see, with 2 8's left.

PAY!!!!!! DH said too, it would make you MUCH happier, and it's their birthdays!!! With all that Maddie goes thru, your DH being deployed/gone for long times, your upcoming move... it will totally be worth it!!! :thumbsup2 And you're still not out any more $$ than you were spending a few days ago. If you don't and can't upgrade at the port, I don't think you'll be happy. And Disney should be HAPPY!!! :flower3: :cool1:

Now I can't get the rooms back bc they gave them to Donna and Diane and they are not happy with them! Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter