6 year old and Epcot?

Canto

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone.... I’m trying to finalize our plans for next month and I’m trying to decide if we should skip Epcot. It’ll be myself, husband and our 6yo.
It’s been over 15 years since me or my husband has gone and my sons first visit. Just doing a quick research, I don’t see a lot of things at Epcot that my son would enjoy.... am I’m missing something? Should we go there, and if so what are some of the things he would like? TIA

My 6 year old daughter is looking forward to the shops. She really wants to visit the Japan Pavillion for this reason. If your son is into a certain hobby (mine likes Hello Kitty and "cute anime things") there might be a pavillion shop that could be fun to visit. We are also going to a space loving 6 year old who is psyched for Mission Space.

Hi everyone.... I’m trying to finalize our plans for next month and I’m trying to decide if we should skip Epcot. It’ll be myself, husband and our 6yo.
It’s been over 15 years since me or my husband has gone and my sons first visit. Just doing a quick research, I don’t see a lot of things at Epcot that my son would enjoy.... am I’m missing something? Should we go there, and if so what are some of the things he would like? TIA
I’ve had 3 six year-olds (not at the same time).
-It depended if they were adventurous type for soarin and test track.
-If you are going to go throughout the child’s life you might want to start building those memories like Spaceship Earth (sentimental for my kids now).
-If you are interested in a leisure stroll, holding hands adult focused kind of experience yet have him be content you can achieve that at Epcot: as an example, Germany has fresh caramel corn and an outdoor train.
-We have found all parks have something for everyone so it’s more based on itinerary than park for us.

My kids enjoyed Epcot at that age and still like it. The rides are fun, my kids love the thrill rides and the slower attractions too. The experiences can't be beat, especially at the Seas, ImageWorks and Club Cool. I know some of this is gone now.....

My kids enjoy Epcot; on our last trip they were 9 and 5. I love World Showcase, so it’s a must-do for us every trip. We stroll through the countries and get various snacks. We enjoy having some time to go at a slower pace. The kids like the Frozen ride and choosing souvenirs. Their favorite shops are in Germany and Japan. If he is a Pokémon fan, Japan sells some Pokémon toys and stuffies. The Nemo ride and Test Track are also favorites!

My daughter was 7 our first trip and she enjoyed everything at the front of Epcot (the rides, etc.), but not so much the World Showcase. We have the Epcot curse, though, which means we keep getting rained on (as in thunderstorm, not just a 20 minute shower) every time we go to Epcot. Well, that may be a slight exaggeration, because we did make it around most of World Showcase our fifth trip in 2019 and there were no storms. We both loved the Japan pavilion from the drums to the pick a pearl, but she was 13 on that trip.

Soaring, Test Track and Frozen Ever After should be interesting for a little kid. Plus maybe Ratatouille might be opening soon. There’s always some sort of scavenger hunt map that you can buy for the current Epcot festival where you have to find the hidden items be it Olaf or Remy etc around the World Showcase

My 4 year old likes Epcot, although there isn't as much as the other parks she does ask to go.

My 5 year old loves Epcot! We last went 2 months before he turned 5. He loves sea life, so he really enjoyed the Seas. One of the film's at the Pixar Short Film Festival made him laugh so hard. He loved Mission Space, and enjoyed Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, and the Gran Fiesta Tour. He was so thrilled to get a Kidcot baggie and postcard that he was telling everyone about his new "suitcase"! We also watched the Awesome Planet film, went on the Figment ride, and saw Joy frolicking in the field. He was too intimidated by the noise of Test Track to give it a try, and we skipped Soarin' because of the line and I wasn't sure how he would react to the height. We skipped Frozen Ever After due to long line, too. I have noticed he has less interest in World Showcase (other than Kidcot and Gran Fiesta Tour) than when he was younger. While his sister loved dancing to Marimba de Americas, he was somewhat impatiently waiting to go somewhere he could go on a ride. We ended up spending more time in Future World than World Showcase, but it was an enjoyable day. We were there 8 hours, yet he wished we could stay another hour to be there until closing!

If your son is like Mine at that age, he will flip out at the mere mention of Frozen ride. Only things he liked at Epcot that age were Turtle Talk with Crush (which pretty sure isn’t open) and maybe Soarin And Living with the Land. Test Track as well.

Kidcot in each of the countries will be something for him to look forward to as you make your way around the world showcase. My Grandson like the American Pavilion theater, at 4... we snacked around the World Showcase at lunch time, and finished with dinner at Corral Reef... We are planning on taking him again sometime this summer before school starts...

Between our kids and grandchildren, when they were that age they really liked Soarin', Figment, Test Track, Crush, the greedy seagulls, Nemo, Maelstrom (I assume Frozen Ever After is basically but with different scenes), Kidcot activities, and browsing through the kid stuff the Mitsukoshi Department Store (Hello Kitty, Pokeman, Totoro, anime characters, and all the 'cute culture' things). They loved snacking around the World, and their favorite restaurants were Coral Reef (window seats to watch the fish), the Biergarten (dancing with the oompah band), and the Garden Grill (Mickey, Pluto, and especially Chip 'n' Dale).

My daughter had just turned 6 when we went last (2019) and she claimed Epcot was her favorite park. She really liked Soarin’, but I think she also liked it was a little less intense with things to do than the other parks. If your itinerary is filled and you’re a rope dropper (or the COVID equivalent) your son might like doing a few fun things but also having a chance to slow down his brain!

My kids have always loved Epcot. They love the kidcot stations, the entertainment, the food, shopping, all of it. I think for them it was "different" than the other parks where we always had a plan and tried to go go go, whereas with Epcot we took our time walking around and enjoyed all the little details. Epcot days are always a welcome change of pace on our trips.

My 7 yr old daughter loved Epcot. Honestly, it was the best park experience on our last trip! We just enjoyed the whole thing so much even with the construction. And, depending on when you go, the festival might appeal to you/him. We are dying to go to Festival of the Arts because my daughter loves art and it would be so cool for all of us. Year-round there's always some sort of scavenger hunt to do.

I would definitely recommend it!

My almost 8 yo said it was her favorite also. Besides the rides mentioned, the 3 caballeros in the mexican Pavillion was her favs. On the last trip she chose to do epcott a second time instead of anywhere else. We let her chose the park the last day.

My daughter is 5 and we’ve been to Epcot with her at 1, 2, and 3. (We missed last year because of covid) last time we went she loved Nemo and the seas, figment, frozen, and we did all the kidcot stations around the countries. She also loved all the shops and found things to do at each country. This year we are going to try soarin and test track. She wasn’t tall enough last time.

My niece during trips between the ages of 3.5 - 9 liked all the Future World rides (well, she hasn't been on Mission Space yet) and the aquarium. She likes going into the pyramid in Mexico and the boat ride, and she likes the Frozen ride (but only when the line is shorter, LOL!). But she gets bored by the rest of WS. She isn't a shopper or a looking at things person and while the entertainment (live or the movies) might catch her eye for a minute or two, the entertainment doesn't hold her attention. She liked coloring Duffy - but that's gone and she thinks the new Kidcot passport thing is dumb. She does better walking through WS if she is "regularly fed treats. " I'm thinking that Ratatouille opening will be a big hit with her - as that section of the park is "too big" without a ride to interrupt the walking for her! She did like posing some with the F&G Festival topiaries. Garden Grill is one her favorite places to eat.

I'm glad she'll be older on our next trip to Epcot - I think she will like WS better - but even at 11 going on 16 - she isn't much of a look at stuff girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter