7 month success at Aulani in June?

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
A small possibility has opened up for us to visit Aulani next summer. However, we're not owners and would be booking at the 7 month window. We'd be looking for either 2 studios or a 2 bedroom any view and while it would wipe us out, we have enough points to be flexible with dates in June.

Is this even a possibility? What's the 7 month June window like? Easy to get in?

Cannot be sure what you will see for next year, but I actually looked into Aulani at 7 months out about four times during November 2012 for early to end of June 2013 and everything had some days missing per week but if looking for only three or at most four consecutive nights, you had a chance for ocean or pool view, more so the first half of the month than second.

We were there June last year (2012) and could not get all the nights we wanted we had to split 3/6 nights studio/1 bedroom. But the resort was only about 50% complete at that time.

I've read several times that the first 3 weeks of June are pretty tight to get because the point chart is "choice" season which is lower than the rest of the summer. If you can be flexible enough to go the last week of June you might have better odds of not having to split your stay between 2 or 3 different moves.

I watched this coming summers availablility pretty closely as we were planning to go in August. Most units & views booked up pretty quickly (within days of the 7 mo. window) but there was usually SOME availability at 7 months. We nabbed an OV studio for a week in August. Some of the lesser views had spotty availability (ie not 7 days straight). As soon as I finished booking I went back again & looked again & there were no more OV studios available for 7 n straight. So definitely be ready to book online at 8:00 sharp!

We tried this year for the second week of June and just could not get enough nights together. We were able to get Fourth of July weekend though? You need to read all the threads about online booking if you have any chance of getting the first of June next year.

We just returned from Aulani. We booked a one-BR at 7 months. Most room choices were booked within a few hours of 7 month opening. Seemed ocean view was easiest... No standard available at all. We had pool view. It's possible, but definitely need to book as soon as possible.

We went in early June 2012 and booked at 7 months exactly when the system opened. We had a 1 bedroom pool view. Although as other posters have mentioned June has seems to have it's difficulty for some trying to get reservations. I think it is possible, but the key is to book as soon as you can online.

Good Luck!

I've read several times that the first 3 weeks of June are pretty tight to get because the point chart is "choice" season which is lower than the rest of the summer. If you can be flexible enough to go the last week of June you might have better odds of not having to split your stay between 2 or 3 different moves.

I watched this coming summers availablility pretty closely as we were planning to go in August. Most units & views booked up pretty quickly (within days of the 7 mo. window) but there was usually SOME availability at 7 months. We nabbed an OV studio for a week in August. Some of the lesser views had spotty availability (ie not 7 days straight). As soon as I finished booking I went back again & looked again & there were no more OV studios available for 7 n straight. So definitely be ready to book online at 8:00 sharp!
We booked early July at the 7 month window, but I watched the rooms disappear day by day leading up to our 7 month window and on the morning I could book, the only 2br available was ocean view, so we went for it. I did it online the first minute I could do it. Good thing we had enough points!

Im also looking for June of next year for a 2 bedroom.....just decided today to go to Hawaii instead of the cruise....it is for my younger sons graduation and he chose this....yes a cruise would be great but have done tons of them with DCL and they want to do something else.

Even if we have to take a 1 bedroom and a studio elsewhere my boys are 20 and 17 so they can be somewhere else and just sleep there and chill in our one bedroom....

I hate this 7 month out stuff...its so stressful :scared::sad::faint::lmao:

We can go anytime between June 4th - July 30th.....so we have some room to play with...its the points that we would rather save the most of....we want to stay for 10 days...have no problem changing rooms if we have to...we have around 800 points to play with...so we are ok there.....

can we also change up some points for the Marriot if we have to change up for a couple of night?

Did I say I hate this 7 month out stuff :rotfl:

with everything I have read I may have to shoot for July...I hate using more points however...I will start for June and work towards July....I will be one tired person getting up at 5 every morning here is the West to get in at 8am when the phones open.

[QUOTE="Got Disney";48706992]with everything I have read I may have to shoot for July...I hate using more points however...I will start for June and work towards July....I will be one tired person getting up at 5 every morning here is the West to get in at 8am when the phones open.[/QUOTE]

Online booking starts at 8am est. Phones open at 9am est.

Bumping this up since it's from 2013. How was everyone's luck booking for this June, 2014 at the 7 month mark? I am looking for next June for a 2 bedroom and a studio. But I am getting nervous it won't work out for us. Luckily we only want to go for 4-5 nights versus a whole week. Hoping that helps us out some.

Thanks!

We just returned from Aulani and my first preference was standard 2BR dedicated for end of May. I booked online at 7 months in advance at 8:00EST also. All that was available was 2 BR LO Pool view. I didn't want to use the extra points, but booked it and waitlisted island view. I was lucky to have the wailist come through for island view about 4 weeks later, but 2BR L.O. Ocean view 2br seems to always be available.

Good luck booking!:thumbsup2
Hope that you enjoy Aulani!:cool1:

Bumping this up since it's from 2013. How was everyone's luck booking for this June, 2014 at the 7 month mark? I am looking for next June for a 2 bedroom and a studio. But I am getting nervous it won't work out for us. Luckily we only want to go for 4-5 nights versus a whole week. Hoping that helps us out some. Thanks!

We will be checking in today for an 8 night stay. 2 BR ocean view. Booked online as soon as booking window owned at 7 months.

We got a GV this year for late June by walking a 1 week reservation at the 7mo window. We had 10 on the reservation and a fixed time period, so needed to ensure we got all 7 nights - hence walking. DH watched the reservations daily leading up to the week before our days, and realized the best way to ensure we got the GV was to walk. Good thing, too - he got the last available GV for our first day that way!

At closer to 6 months, we got an extra couple of nights in a studio in early July, and then a little later added another day to those nights in a hotel room (no studios available).

Getting two on the same day may be challenging. You will probably need to be flexible with room type and view. We got one in June but the inventory is very limited.

We booked right at the day on the seven month mark and got our rooms. Now, two weeks later when I changed my mind about the view, I did have to WL a few nights...and thankfully they came through so we didn't have to switch. But, yes, we reserved two bedroom pool view and then upgraded to ocean view later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter