7 night stay... should we do a split stay?

I'm not a fan of split stays with little ones. On the day you switch resorts, you are pretty much "homeless" since your new room might not be available until after 3:00. This is tough on little ones, especially if they need a nap. We learned this the hard way.

LOVE split stays. We are organized and don't overpack, so split stays take every little time. Plus, Disney moves everything and we just spend the 'homeless' time at a theme park or the pool. Love that it lets you experience two resorts in one trip, love that it makes a deluxe resort affordable, love the ability to enjoy the different areas of Disney (such as a MK and an Epcot resort). three nights is my 'rule of thumb' resort minimum stay, so 7 days is perfect for a split, IMO.

I would choose the POP / YC option! The kids will love Storm Along Bay!

We also LOVE split stays. We have 2 little kids (2&4 this trip) and while you have to be organised, it is definitely do-able.

Our next split is 13 nights in Sept/Oct: 7 nights BC / 3 nights POFQ / 3 nights AKL. We choose our parks and restaurants based on where we are staying.

We get so much new out of each Resort and we love just how different an unique they are.

We use Disney to move our luggage and I think it’s easier as we’ve never been people who unpack suitcases in a hotel room. We have also never felt ‘homeless’. On move days we schedule a park day and simply catch a bus when we are done to the new Resort. The kids nap in strollers at the park if they need to and we find they are pretty adaptable to the changes.

We are also trying to decide upon a split stay. Home resort is BLT, so we will book there regardless, but would love to split with BC, if I am lucky enough to find availability at the 7 month mark!

I love split stays and for me a 7 night stay is really long and I've done a split stay with that time frame before. It was nice focusing on the parks closest to the hotel we were currently staying at and trying out two new resorts in one trip. If you plan on going to the parks on the switch day it makes things easier. You can give your bags to the hotel to move for you and when you're done with the park you just go to your new resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter