8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quote got dropped...
I'm glad all of our CA friends are safe.

I spent quite a bit of time in Lake Arrowhead - there is a figure skating Olympic Training Center there. It is beautiful and the rink was also very cool. No boards and a wall of mirrors at one end - very disorienting at first, but pretty cool. I only went up for camps, but the athletes who train there year-round live in these cool little cabin/apartment things.

If Arrowhead is burning, it can't be far from Big Bear either..or Arrowbear! I love that the town between Big Bear and Arrowhead is named Arrowbear.

Evenin' pirate:s

Well, you all know how my night went yesterday. The only thing left to be decided is what Clevelanders are going to call it. For those scoring at home, we already have Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot, The Sweep, Joe Table (or Game 7), The Other Sweep.

Current nominees for the debacle that was the last week/game:

The Collapse
The Skinner
The Steal

Sure, the Red Sox went 86 years between World Series win, but Boston also had the Bruins, Celtics & Patriots win championships in the meantime. No professional team from Cleveland has won a championship since 1964. Hmmph.

The CHOKE!!!!!

what a gloomy day here in Cleveland. uugghhh.

But you know the saying --- "There is always next year."

Shoot, and I was going to take my pole vault to London next summer.
Isn't it just a 'pole' not a 'pole vault'. The actual act of vaulting isn't in the pole, right. I'm a stickler for semantics.

I love the fact that you can find anything on the internet, including girls having their feet tickled in cuffs, but I digress. According to the "USA Pole Vault Education Initiative" (no kidding, www.pvei.com), it is called the 'vaulting pole' or the 'pole vaulting pole', which distinguishes itself from the 'crossbar' or 'bar', which is that which the pole vaulter vaults over.

Which makes me wonder why the sport is not called "bar vaulting", since you are not vaulting a pole, unless of course Lech Walesa is lying down at the base of the apparatus.

The CHOKE!!!!!

what a gloomy day here in Cleveland. uugghhh.

But you know the saying --- "There is always next year."

As someone who grew up in Pittsburgh, all I can do is sit back and chuckle at continued Cleveland frustration.

I haven't had a chance to rib my next-door neighbor yet, who is from Aurora, OH. When we first moved in I threatened to put a big Steelers inflatable in my front lawn so he had to stare at it.

My DDs are soooooo jealous! We rarely get snow here & when we do it is unusual for it to settle for any length of time. I would love to wake up to that view on Xmas morning & for it all to have gone again when I go back to work 2 days later!

We need to do one of those house swaps like in the movies. My family will spend the holidays in Reading and you can come spend Christmas at our house in Chicago.

After two days, your DDs will never want to see snow or feel cold every again.

J.R that makes you a real math geek!:lmao: :lmao:
I loved math, but NOT that much.:rolleyes1

No, a true math geek wouldn't have had to take Calc 5 twice (and technically, I would have needed to take it a third time, but I changed majors and my new major would allow a 'D' in a Calculus course.)

The quarter of Calculus, Statics and E-Mag was the once that convinced me I was truly not 'a helluva engineer'. One trip to the square root club (where the square root of your GPA is larger than your GPA) and I was off to become a management major.

I love the fact that you can find anything on the internet, including girls having their feet tickled in cuffs, but I digress. According to the "USA Pole Vault Education Initiative" (no kidding, www.pvei.com), it is called the 'vaulting pole' or the 'pole vaulting pole', which distinguishes itself from the 'crossbar' or 'bar', which is that which the pole vaulter vaults over.

Which makes me wonder why the sport is not called "bar vaulting", since you are not vaulting a pole, unless of course Lech Walesa is lying down at the base of the apparatus.

Does it have to be Lech Walesa, or would some guy with an accordian do?
Wierd Al, perhaps?

My charming, handsom DH (reading over my shoulder right now), just asked how many posts we are up to on the thread. I read the number to him. His response: "So are you going to stay up to race for cake?"

Ummm...pirate.

Thanks for the info Roger. I'll have to give it a whirl.

Now back to that leisurely sprint for the pirate: Arrghhh!

My charming, handsom DH (reading over my shoulder right now), just asked how many posts we are up to on the thread. I read the number to him. His response: "So are you going to stay up to race for cake?"

Ummm...pirate.

We're serving :cake: when we get to the pirate: ? :confused3

No, a true math geek wouldn't have had to take Calc 5 twice (and technically, I would have needed to take it a third time, but I changed majors and my new major would allow a 'D' in a Calculus course.)

The quarter of Calculus, Statics and E-Mag was the once that convinced me I was truly not 'a helluva engineer'. One trip to the square root club (where the square root of your GPA is larger than your GPA) and I was off to become a management major.

Ahhh, those who can't do, manage.

This looks like it will be a West Coast pirate:

Isn't this a school night M?

Why yes it is - it is 10:35 pm. Not a pirate or a cake in sight.

J.R. I stopped my second week of calc. in high school. First and only test I ever flunked in my life. I tutored freshman algebra for my sr. math.:)

Why yes it is - it is 10:35 pm. Not a pirate or a cake in sight.

:tiptoe: I have a lot of pictures of DL and its only 7:44pm M.

Sun wheel at CA that will soon be sporting a Mickey face.

PA010037.jpg

Gosh, homecoming dresses have changed a lot since I was in HS. Do Angelina and her friends even know what 'tea length' is. I wish the shorter dresses had been more of a thing when I was a teen.

The Homecoming Dances around here are like a mini prom anymore. The other night I saw at least 6 limos picking kids up. Several of the boys I saw were also wearing tuxes. Kind of crazy if you ask me for a Homecoming Dance.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........................keep the pictures coming.:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter