8 days in the East - Trip Report

Sadly I have not managed to meet Mulan at all yet :sad2: I'm actually still pretty devastated that I just missed her during the half marathon.

Oh sorry about that. Here were ours. DD was a bit shy with human characters but less so with the softies! (these are copied from the scrapbook I made at the time). If there is a M&G in Shanghai I will make the effort. Not sure why I didn't join in this time either though I had been in the bulk of character pics already this trip.

J Mulan EPCOT 1.jpg

J Mulan EPCOT 2.jpg

Did you read this? (On Shanghai DL)
The final carriage of Mickey's Storybook Express, a train running through the park, will be dedicated to Mulan, an animated movie depicting a female war hero of ancient China. Each carriage will be based on a different Disney film.

Did you read this? (On Shanghai DL)
The final carriage of Mickey's Storybook Express, a train running through the park, will be dedicated to Mulan, an animated movie depicting a female war hero of ancient China. Each carriage will be based on a different Disney film.

I did read that :thumbsup2 Hopefully that means she'll be a big part of the parks experience and be available for meet and greets!

Maybe its just Hollywood - I didn't check DLH but presumed it'd be the same as the slides were basically similar with some different 'dressing' or its a new rule. DD pointed out the sign to me afterwards (goody two shoes that she is - lol). I basically ignored the lifesaver who tried to remonstrate with me but in Cantonese so I couldn't understand a word and afterwards we put two and two together!

and who will be the first to name all the films that the "day" header quotes come from?

Ooh! Ooh!

Day 1: Hercules ("I know every mile will be worth my while")
Day 2: Up ("Adventure is out there")
Day 3: Cars ("There's a Big Blue Sky waiting right behind the clouds")
Day 4: Jungle Book ("Look for the bear necessities")
Day 5: Mary Poppins ("There's a whole world at your feet")
Day 6: Tangled("I'm Where I'm meant to be")
Day 6: Nightmare before Christmas ("In this town we call home, everyone hail the pumpkin song")
Day 6: Hollywood Hotel ("Hooray for Hollywood"); technically not Disney or Pixar....but it features in the Great Movie Ride
Day 7: Lion King ("Hakuna Matata")
Day 8: Lady and the Tramp ("There's a great big hunk of a world down there, with no fence around it")

Oh dammit! I had these all lined up but forgot to come back to post my reply (it was at that time of night when the boards go down for a bit) lol!

Thank you so much @Aussie Wendy for posting this TR! I'm off to Hong Kong and Macau in about a month, and loved to see all your pics and read about your experience there!

:butterfly:tigger::dumbo: Congrats to PIO for getting 100% and beating Zanzibar to the post. :tinker:Wishing you that holiday you are dreaming of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter