A grand adventure of a lifetime! May 2014 ( THE FINAL)

Hey! Following along!

You're so lucky to have such great parents. :thumbsup2 My mom lives 1 (yes ONE) mile from me and not ONCE has she asked if there was anything she could help me with.

I'm excited to read more about CBR. We're scheduled for September!!

I will be sharring more information on CBR once I get to my arrive day in my TR. You will LOVE IT!!! Honestly to me it seemed like a deluxe minus the monorail. There is a good chance you will get a refurbished room with the queen sized beds. You might want to try and request it. Have a great time!

Everything seemed to be falling in place. Mom was very excited about Pirates League and even more excited about Pirate Pals. It lead me to the idea of searching for the appropriate pirate attire for the boys. I had picked out white shorts and black cuban beach shirts for the boys to wear for our family portrait session. This would work out great as a pirate outfit as well. All I would need to find would be a pirate vest. I was able to find the older boys these.
_35_zps1d71b261.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I managed to find this for Alex my wee little pirate.
images_zps24ff1e62.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

While involved in my search I came up with a great idea! Wouldn't it be fun to join the boys and find an outfit that would go with there's? While searching I came accross something completely new to me. They called it Disney Bound. How fun I thought so soon I was on the hunt for a "Disney Bound" out fit that would blend with the boys and this is what I found. Can anyone guess which character I have choosen to represent?
T2eC16ZHJG8FGrzfhn9jBSFTrRZD5Q60_12_zps78a03add.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

disneymermaidbelt_zps9c10727e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

_57_zps1d23345d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was really starting to have a blast coming up with Disney bound out fits. Seeing that our dates for our vacation would allow us to take part in Star Wars Weekend I thought it would only make sense to find the boys and I an outfit that we could wear to Hollywood Studios that would help us "FEEL THE FORCE" This would be important since my little and big Star Wars fans would make doing Jedi Training a requirment on this trip. I knew that my husband would have as much fun watching the boys as the boys would have themselves. Through my search I found the perfect thing for the older boys.
boysstarwarsshirt_zps97cfac9d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Alex prefered this shirt since the Dark side is so appealing to him.
alexstarwarsshirt_zps9a98008d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And of course I had to join in on the fun! I searched until I had the perfect combination and came up with this. Can you guess what Star Wars Character I chose?
stormtrooper2_zpse313bd47.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

T2eC16dHJIIFHJpt2oyBSL2eI8Scw60_57_zpsfba63b07.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2783p_135c_1m_zps6cdfdfae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Planning this vacation at the perfect time allowed us to also fit in the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. Wanting to continue the fun I though about a Disney Character that I would imagine spending time and fitting in naturally with beautiful flowers within a garden. Can you guess what came to my mind?
disneyfairybottom_zpsadccf751.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The above tennis skort just screamed flower pedals and I soon found a one shoulder top that matched it beautifully but I have no picture to show you. I do have a picture of an accessory (Back Pack) that I bought to go with my outfit that may help you guess who I chose.
lovely-wings-pattern-pu-leather-women-s-backpack_zpse78f35a4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had so much fun looking for the outfits that I even started my own thread for people to post their Disney Bound ideas. One late night I happened to be looking over my thread and something completely magical happened. I close out my thread and it magically appeared before me eyes. A fresh thread right there in black and white speaking to me. Slowly I read the words informing everyone that the Elsa and Anna fast past was now available. I could not believe what I just read! What luck! If I was not on the computer at that very moment in time I would missed an incredible opportunity. I quickly switched to the WDW web site. I just had to try to get the hottest fast pass of the century especially since it was my middle child's (Noah) favorite movie. I could not believe my eyes! I successfully was able to schedule the fast past for my son and I. When I told him he was so excited! It was Noah that came up with idea that we needed to find an outfit for our special meet and greet. Noah decided he would wear a brown shirt and wanted me to find him reindeer ears. I was able to find him these.
noah_zps152a8d0a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now it was my turn. I searched for the perfect outfit and liked the creativity I had come up with. I planned on wearing my hair in a French braid wore to the side. I was very excited to find this hair scrunchie. It sparkled when the light hit it giving it the exact effect I wanted.
hairwrap_zpsc54feca3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also found this beautiful snowflake that I could pin to the hair scrunchie.
snowflake_zps430ef110.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It took a while to find but I found a white sheer top and a blue strapless top that could fit over it giving it the layered look of Elsa's dress. The one picture below is black but I could not fine a picture of it in white. at least you will get the idea.
KGrHqJqYFHl61W2zjBSBKQlozg60_57_zpsa036370b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
elsatop_zps80af5786.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I already had these shorts in my closet and thought they would go perfect! It is a bit hard to see the details but there are rhinestone on the pocket the glistened just like fresh fallen snow. They also had a metallic threading which gave it some sheen.
iceblueshorts_zps041fdbc8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The find I was most proud of was this beautiful belt. It really completed the outfit. It shimmered like the snowflakes falling to the ground.
belt_zps95063196.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was so proud of my accomplishments and very pleased at how the trip was coming along. It took many long hours but my hard work was starting to pay off. I felt so good that my broken heart that the Poly had cause me was now healed and beating wildly with excitement! We had made it! I even was able to land a fast pass for the new 3:00 pm MK parade! With the planning I had done there was a good chance that we would not have to wait in a long line nor would we have to fight for the best spot at the parade or fireworks. We could eat until our hearts were content choosing anything on the menu. We would be dinning at some of the Disney's finest. We had the hottest fast pass know to man. My children would have the opportunity of dinning under the stars at the drive in. Those boys were so excited about our Sci Fi ADR. At this point I was confident that NOTHING could go wrong or would it?

Adorable outfits! A whole new dimension to excitement building! I certainly hope nothing did go wrong

Ariel...Stormtrooper...and Elsa? Very cool!!! I am glad I am not the only grown adult playing dress up :cool1:

I was feeling really good about how well all our plans were falling into place. I even had a plan of action for each park and how we were going to approach each ride, show, and meal to make sure everything ran smoothly. We only had 7 weeks to go and everything was done. The winter had been hard on all of us. It was towards the end of March and I recall feeling the warm sunshine along with the happiness of our up coming vacation which brought a smile to my face . At that very moment all the stars were in line. Noticing I had a message on my phone I decided to listen to the message. Long and behold the message was from Disney explaining that Sci Fi had changed it's hours of opperation and that they now start opening at 12:00pm. My reservation was for 11:45. In the message they informed me that my reservation had been changed to 3:00pm and that they were sorry for any inconveniences. REALLY, 3:00PM ???? We had dinner reservations for Mama Melrose and the Fantastmic dinner show for 5:55. We would be at the park at 7:00am. That would be a long wait to eat lunch and then have dinner so close after. I understand things change but WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY NOT MAKE OUR RESERVATIONS CLOSER TO THE TIME WE MADE THEM!!!! After all I made reservations on the 180 day at the very second I could. I called Disney and talked to serveral people all telling me their hands were tied. It did not make sense. I can imagine I was not the only one this happened to. Would it really be worth it to Disney to upset so many people that would have their reservations changed? I finally did manage to get a manager whom was nice enough to talk with the SCI FI and told me they agreed to seat us as long as we arrived by 12:15pm. The strange thing is the time was NEVER changed in MDE. I called to talk with the same manager and they told me she would call me back. To this day I never did receieve a call from her. Should I chance it and rely on hear say that we had our reservations changed? With us going on the first day of Star Wars weekend we could not even touch a reservation at either of these restaurants in order to get a better time. I had to face the fact that we may have to let one of our ADR's go. My children would be heartbroken if we could not eat at SCI FI. It was the restaurant they were looking forward to most. For the next few weeks I continued to try to get in touch with the manager whom had promised me they could work us in but had no luck.
Then one magical night it all begin to make sense. A rummor had leaked out that SCI FI would be having a Star War Character breakfast. Could this be why they changed their hours? it was staring to become very clear. Disney was willing to take the heat because they were about to make millons!!! It just so happened that I found out about this the day before they released the reservations. I was informed that Darth Vader one of the Fett boys, and the Storm Trooper would be there to sign autographs and to take pictures. Now this was even more exciting to me! The boys would go CRAZY!!!!!
I got on the phone at the very second I could and after waiting on the phone for over an hour I began to loose hope. At one point I was online and holding on two phones. I was going back and forth from checking on line to a thread where everyone was posting their results. Many were on hold for hours. I luckly read a post where one man explained that there was a trick to use to get to a live person whom connected you to dining. I tried it and successfully got a person right way. I did not even wait for her greeting but shooted out that I would like reservation for the Sci Fi breakfast. I was in luck not only did she know what I was talking about but she was also able to get us in for a 9:10 ADR!!! I was thrilled beyond belief!!! We could fit in sign up for Jedi Training, go to The Character Breakfast. and then seek out a great spot for the Motor Cade Parade!!!! WOW!!! What an accomplishment!!!! I was on a high for the whole next week!!!
A few weeks after I contacted Garden Grocer and place my order. I bought the rest of the childrens clothes and tied up loose ends such as boarding for our furry friends. Two weeks before our vacation I had everything packed and ready to go. My middle son Noah became the organizer. He was very easy to get up for school with in those two weeks. It became a morning ritual. He would get up, get himself dressed, make himself breakfast, brush his teeth all in 20 minutes tops. He would then race for his suit case and make note of everything that was inside. Happy with what he saw he was then able to head to school. This happened EVERY morning!
It had finally come! The moment our whole family had been waiting for; our arrival day!

How awesome that Disney decided to have a Star Wars character breakfast!! I wonder if they will do that annually now. My kids would absolutely love it! In '12 we went down for SWW and they had a blast.
That's great that your son gets ready in 20 minutes for school! Most like to take their sweet time. Lol

Very cute outfits! Loved them all!

I remember reading a lot of posters complaining about their Sci-Fi lunch reservations being either cancelled or rescheduled. It's a bummer that you had to go through such pains but it sounds like it worked out in the end.:thumbsup2

Ok, seeing your Bounding outfits - with Stormtroopers and Elsa shown together made my mind immediately go to a weird Star Wars / Frozen mash up with lyrics like: "Elsa? <knock, knock> do you want to crush a rebellion? Come on let's hunt them down!" ... clearly I need help

Ugh that sounds so frustrating with them telling you they moved your ADR but with practically no explanation. If they told you right away why and then were willing to work with you a bit more that would have made things a bit easier to tolerate.

Glad things worked out in the end though - and really, even better than your original plans!

I loved that update because I love hearing stories about how things often work out better than expected from a disappointment.... Every cloud has a silver lining! :goodvibes

That is frustrating about the ADR for SciFi. Sounds like they made you move to a totally ridiculous time so they could make tons more money instead on the SW breakfast! Glad it all worked out though!

How awesome that Disney decided to have a Star Wars character breakfast!! I wonder if they will do that annually now. My kids would absolutely love it! In '12 we went down for SWW and they had a blast.
That's great that your son gets ready in 20 minutes for school! Most like to take their sweet time. Lol

I would think they would continue to do the breakfast since it seems to be popular.
My son only got ready that quickly because he knew he had to be already to go before I would let him mess with his suitcase. Wish I could have had it work for me long term.

Very cute outfits! Loved them all!

I remember reading a lot of posters complaining about their Sci-Fi lunch reservations being either cancelled or rescheduled. It's a bummer that you had to go through such pains but it sounds like it worked out in the end.:thumbsup2

Nice to see you again Mickeystoontown! I bet there were many unhappy people. I really think Disney could have avoided some of the heat if they just explained to people why they were doing it.

Ok, seeing your Bounding outfits - with Stormtroopers and Elsa shown together made my mind immediately go to a weird Star Wars / Frozen mash up with lyrics like: "Elsa? <knock, knock> do you want to crush a rebellion? Come on let's hunt them down!" ... clearly I need help

Ugh that sounds so frustrating with them telling you they moved your ADR but with practically no explanation. If they told you right away why and then were willing to work with you a bit more that would have made things a bit easier to tolerate.

Glad things worked out in the end though - and really, even better than your original plans!

Hey I think you are on to something there! LOL!!!

Many people had thought that Disney should have offered the people that had their reservation moved the oppourtunity to move it to the breakfast and that way they would have a lot less angry people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter