• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A horrible rumor to spread

For some reason there are a lot of fans who want han to be a cold-blooded killer - they like him that way for some inexplicable reason. If her were sucha cold-blooded killer, he wouldn't be a worthy hero.

That's very odd to me because I think of Han as closet romantic trying to maintain a tough exterior than anything else. And yeah "Han shooting first" was never even an issue and won't be...I just hate the idea of revisionism in general be it fiction or real life.

To me it would have been more interesting to see, but fan's whined so much about the politics in the prequels, that they were afraid to show it.

Yup, and like I previously mentioned I watch Star Wars for the storytelling and the prequels did just that. The only thing I hated about the prequels was such a major departure in aesthetics as a whole from what was only supposed to be about 20-30 years or so...which could and would lend itself to different technologies and visuals but it was just so....not even close if you know what I mean. I'll tell you what if you told me now I can sit down and watch any SW film I'd definitely be choosing between episodes I, II, and III

That hotel looks like a BUST. No creativity anymore with Bob Chapek at the reigns. He's got to be Disney's WORST Ceo of all time. Eisneer made some poor decisions as well but he was WAY BETTER than Chapek.

Did anyone notice that D23 was sponsored by TOPPS. The current CEO of TOPPS is Eisneer. Hmmm
It would be nice if there was at least ONE thing in the promotional materials for this hotel that make you go "wow, that's a really clever use of technology", or even more ideally, "how did they do that?"

If you can't make anyone say either one of those things, then you totally failed. And so will your product.

That hotel looks like a BUST. No creativity anymore with Bob Chapek at the reigns. He's got to be Disney's WORST Ceo of all time. Eisneer made some poor decisions as well but he was WAY BETTER than Chapek.

Did anyone notice that D23 was sponsored by TOPPS. The current CEO of TOPPS is Eisneer. Hmmm

And he may be out of a job - did you see the sports card portion of Topps was just sold for $500M.

And he may be out of a job - did you see the sports card portion of Topps was just sold for $500M.

Fanatics basically paid that amount for the TOPPS name alone...earlier in the year Topps lost the rights to the MLB to fanatics. I've always been a huge fan of Eisner's but he pulled a fast one on investors looking to buy in on a Topps ipo through merger with Mudrick Capital. He basically allowed investors to think that Topps still had the MLB contract all the while knowing he was losing it to Fanatics. It's kind of a longer story than that but his omission of the truth hurt many investors including myself who trusted the guy. In my mind he's corporate scum like the rest of them unfortunately.

Okay my thoughts on the hotel. I'm in a wait and see mode. I'm not impressed by what I see. It will be interesting to see how much of that type of Star Wars Fans they will find who are willing to shell out that money. That audience may be limited. The opinions I've heard about this are not encouraging. That could change when it's open.

Why I don't think that Galaxy Edge is perfect. It is well themed. I like that the merchandise is different and that you can buy resistance/Rebellion stuff. I think Rise is a fantastic ride absolutely worth all the hype.

It will be interesting whether this hotel lives up to the hype. What I've seen is not encouraging

This is my feeling as well. Oga's, Savi's, Dok-Ondors, the Droid factory, the market, the Millennium Falcon all look amazing. Based on the videos they've released at least, I don't see that level of detail in the hotel.

Look at this...

View attachment 633677

VS this

View attachment 633679

It's quite possible this is just the single worst promo video in the history of major corporations. I hope that the case!

I like this guys analysis.

That second photo looks a lot like Toothsome restaurant at Universal. That you can eat at for a reasonable price.

I agree that the looks are very uninspiring....BUT...

Maybe the idea is less around the physical structure and more in the immersion of the storyline through interactions with other characters. I'm not trying to defend the hotel, but disney should've focused their marketing around the role play. The physical structure is pretty boring....did you see those bunks?!?...even some presidential suites are cheaper....i wouldn't be surprised if they had the soap containers glued to the wall...haha.

I would sell this is as a one day role play activity...drop the hotel thing all together.

I agree that the looks are very uninspiring....BUT...

Maybe the idea is less around the physical structure and more in the immersion of the storyline through interactions with other characters. I'm not trying to defend the hotel, but disney should've focused their marketing around the role play. The physical structure is pretty boring....did you see those bunks?!?...even some presidential suites are cheaper....i wouldn't be surprised if they had the soap containers glued to the wall...haha.

I would sell this is as a one day role play activity...drop the hotel thing all together.

If they did that, the rooms would be pretty nice. A place to retreat if you were overwhelmed.

Aside from looking cheap and being too expensive I also don't like the idea of having to follow their itinerary. I wish they just made it a very themed hotel instead of kind of forcing you to wake up early to do the crap they want you to do.
Agreed. I like Star Wars and I'm fine with role-playing for things like the ROTR ride, but that's about my limit. I don't have the energy or the inclination to keep playing the game for a 2-night stay in a hotel. But I'm fine with a cool SW-themed hotel with a dedicated entrance to DHS.

I think they'll drop the role playing stuff if it really does flop and it'll end up being simply an elaborate SW themed hotel.

I think they'll drop the role playing stuff if it really does flop and it'll end up being simply an elaborate SW themed hotel.
...with a $3000/night price tag. You don't expect them to lower the price do you? If it really flops, you might see 20% discounts off of rack rate offered.

Staying there will be a steal at only $2400/night for a 2-night stay! :rotfl2:

Aside from looking cheap and being too expensive I also don't like the idea of having to follow their itinerary. I wish they just made it a very themed hotel instead of kind of forcing you to wake up early to do the crap they want you to do.

I'm not even remotely bent out of shape about the video they released or how "real" or "plastic" this hotel looks, but the itinerary part is also the issue for me. I live in the northeast, so a WDW trip is a once every year-or-two event. I can't imagine sacrificing some of my park days to cosplay in a hotel. (To be fair, I know jack-sh*t about Star Wars, so I'm not the target audience.)

Once I saw what the Starcruiser experience was actually supposed to be, it held zero appeal for me. The idea of doing planned activities dressed in costumes instead of being able to explore and relax isn't my idea of a good time. This is only going to appeal to very specific people. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars and touring Batuu was the highlight of my 2019 trip, but I wouldn't go on Starcruiser even if it were cheaper.

I like Star Wars but this doesn't appeal to me. I have no desire to dress up in a costume and role play for 2 days at the cost of 4 grand or more.

Last edited:
I like Star Wars but this doesn't appeal to me. I have no desire to dress up in a cartoon and role play for 2 days at the cost of 4 grand or more.

Same, my wife is the reason we were going to go. But even she now has lost all interest due to the end result. Once I saw dry wall ceilings with canned lighting in some area's I was pretty certain it wasn't going to live up to the hype.

RIP...

The recent comments in this thread have me thinking that Disney will run this hotel as an immersive, full-time "cosplay" experience for as long as it sells out -- maybe a year or so. And then they will convert the hotel into more of a standard, themed Disney hotel -- but with the option to sign up for some short role-playing activities, and perhaps also the opportunity to go to the bridge and a few other areas whenever you feel like it, with cast members always role playing in those locations (kind of like what Galaxy's Edge was supposed to be before the pandemic gutted the experiential part of it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter