A Jan 2023 Pre-Trip Report - a trip through the history of our family

Following! We will be there 1/8-1/13 and all of our park days match yours :rotfl: So I guess this means we both chose well...

I know this is unpopular but Fantasmic has never been on our must do list, so I plan on skipping it.
Shocking!

Ha - but I get it. I wouldn't be planning to see it again this time if not for the updates/changes (though I saw the original in DL in 1992, so it does have a special place in my memories/nostalgia for the parks - and thus my DIS screen name!).

Yeah I get it. I am actually rethinking getting a Fantasmic package...if they ever release them. My thinking was going to the 8pm one on the night of the After hours party on Jan 11th but since I have Space 220 late lunch on that day, its probably overkill.

I am also still waiting on a release of Celebration at the Top party at California Grill. Starting to lose faith on that one. They only have two dates left, Nov 26 and December 3rd, so I am wondering if they are just done with it. As a back up, I reserved treats and seats, but I would way rather do the Cali Grill party since the food looks so much better.

Sorry, it has been awhile!

I can't believe it is less than 3 weeks until my trip! This is my first post holiday trip, so it is hard to get in the Disney frame of mind while I am so busy with Xmas prep. I have thought about packing but only as far as making a list of absolute essentials to bring (medication, chargers, etc). I will likely pack on Xmas week, since I am off that week.

I am resigned to Treats and Seats since there seems to be no Celebration at the Top reservations opening up for January at all. Not really a huge deal, and it's a better view of the fireworks anyways.

My biggest fear now is the weather. The beginning of January is prime snow season here. I am just praying there isn't a big storm that delays flights on the 5th, but anything is possible of course. The 10 day forecast goes out to the 2nd right now, but anything past 5 days is pretty inaccurate anyways.

Same here, flying on the 8th. We've only flown in winter once before. So many things to be concerned about!

Hello from MA! :wave2: Fingers crossed that winter weather doesn't delay your trip. Following along!

Weather looks to be okay so far for Thursday - cool and rainy - about 45F at 11am when our plane takes off. As long as the rain doesn't turn to snow, we should be good to fly out! Fingers and toes still crossed!

As usual, I made some last minute changes. I always do!

I realized about a week ago or so that going to AK on our first night at WDW is a waste since it closes at 7pm. MK is open until 11pm, so I canceled my dessert party for the 14th, moved it to the 8th, and we will be going to MK opening night! Then we will likely do our AK evening on the 10th, hopping from our MK morning. The back up for that is the 14th. Whatever evening we don't go to AK we will go to Disney Springs instead. The only bummer is that there are no Treats and Seats left for the 8th, but the regular dessert party does have better views of the projections, so it isn't that much of a loss.

I am still also trying to get my Spice Road table reservation moved to Monday, right before EEH at Epcot, but nothing has popped up. I shelled out $5 for an alert service, so we will see if we get a last minute cancellation.

I also cancelled a few reservations since I finalized my plans:

So final (ha!) plans are:

Jan 5th-8th Universal - Royal Pacific Resort

Jan 8th: Arrive at Beach Club around 1-2pm from Universal and drop off bags- late Beaches and Cream lunch 3:30pm, check in and get grocery delivery - settle in then head to MK- dessert party at 6:45pm - I am debating getting G+ and stacking rides in Adventureland and Frontierland for the evening - it is our only chance to ride BTMRR before it closes for refurbishment.

Jan 9th: Morning at HS - 11:45am Prime Time cafe, long rest at hotel (2-5pm) and move to Epcot by 5:30pm for EEH (9-11pm) - G+ ILL Rise, SDD, Try 7am VQ for Guardians, otherwise wait for 6pm drop.

Jan 10th: Kona Cafe 9:50am - late morning start at MK - G+focusing on rides in Tomorrowland/Fantasyland - hop to AK for the evening - early night either resting at hotel or go to Disney Springs if bored.

Jan 11th: Epcot morning - Future world rides - Space 220 2:50pm - Hop to HS at 5pm - 6:35pm Ogas Cantina - After hours Party 9:30-12:30pm - May not need Genie +

Jan 12th: AK day - Yak and Yeti 11:45pm - Leaveby 4pm to get to Fort Wilderness for Hoop de Doo Review - ILL for FOP

Jan 13th: MK Morning - Crystal Palace 12pm - ride anything we missed - head to Epcot for Arts Festival - Spice Road Table Fireworks Party

Jan 14th: Topolinos Breakfast for me and my daughter 7:45am - Arts Festival sampling all day - I am debating getting a reservation for just me and the husband for Sebastians that evening.

Jan 15th: Breakfast at hotel then fly home

I just checked into my flight and bought my airport shuttle tickets! It's feeling real now!

My flight leaves at 11am (Delta) so the plan is to leave the house at 7:30am to get to Woburn for the 8am Boston Logan Express. I am going to pack up the car tonight so I can get the family up and out quickly.

I might get people out a little earlier actually, like 7-7:15am. With Boston traffic, the bus is likely to take a full hour and I want to get to the airport two hours early. It's Thursday so it shouldn't be terrible, but it never hurts to be cautious.

Have a safe trip. We fly out tomorrow afternoon from Newark. Hard to believe the trip is here after all of the anticipation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter