A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

WOW!! What a FANTASTIC party!! I would LOVE to do this someday. What an inspiration. ::yes::

Your vow renewal was very special and despite the circumstances, well done too. You guys are so creative!

What a fun party! If teaching and accounting don't work out for you, have you considered becoming a party planner? My goodness you would be in high demand! So creative!

You got this!!! :goodvibes
Finished and I FEEL LIKE WONDER WOMAN!
Geez, right now who really knows what's going to happen with schools this fall. I won't get into the politics part, but it sure is... interesting times right now.
VERY interesting. I ended up not getting the job at Gia's school. I applied to a few other local schools, but didn't hear back. I'm limited to what I can do because it's just me with the kids on a daily basis. But my old job called me to come back and it's actually kind of a promotion in a new area. I'm excited! Everything happens for a reason, and I still went through the hard part to become a teacher and when the time is right I'll be ready!
Love those photos! Especially you being carried and Gia recreating the shoe. Nice job to whoever painted the castle!
Aren't they hilarious? We loved doing it. Oh, the castle... one day during quarantine I was picking up groceries and I get a text from Jimmy that he wants to paint a castle on the fence. I'm like okay... and I ignored him. Then he's like "you better hurry home or I'm doing this without you." So yeah we have one. I sketched it out with chalk and we painted it together.
Wow! That's really creative!
She does all my invites and stuff. She has some program I can't remember the name of, but also she's just really good at it!
It was really funny when Dad opened it on father's day.
:worship:
I do have a pasta maker and... it's gathering dust. Care to share your grandmother's recipe?
Of course! But it's totally a "what feels right" kinda recipe. We start with 2 cups flour, 2 cups water and one egg and just add flour until it's not sticky anymore. We put the browned ground beef in the ravioli pasta mold. We cook it with Italian seasoning, garlic pepper, some salt and pepper and add an egg once it's browned to help it stick. We also do an egg wash between the pieces of pasta to get them to stick.
I'm thinking if he wears that shirt, you're likely to forgive him for quite a bit.
Amen to that. He's a trooper.
That sounds really interesting. I would've loved to have tried one.
Surprisingly delicious.
I approve! :thumbsup2
:worship:
Um... Michelle? I have never seen an unflattering picture of you.

Still haven't.
Well Thank you, you flatter me! But I like to think I have a sense of humor about it LOL
He reminds me of Michael Palin!
YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!
Such a fun birthday party!
Thank you! It was a blast.
Brilliant birthday party and I’m with @pkondz I’ve never seen a bad photo of you Michelle! Love your enthusiasm for life! Crossing my fingers for you on the teaching front. My son just graduated (except, well, there was no graduation) and is excited for the future. Who knows what teaching will look like in the near future but there will always be kids needing taught so something good will turn up eventually. Very cute vow renewal with Gia officiating. I’m sure she was chuffed to bits :goodvibes
What a fabulous family you are!
Yall are too kind! Looks like my teaching career isn't starting this year and I AM SO OKAY WITH THAT in all this madness. I had a bit of a panic one night wondering what "distance learning" would look like as a teacher and the logistics with the kids being at different schools and me making it to work on time and all this other stuff... and then my old boss called about a position back at my old work. And it's kinda a promotion, so I'm pretty thankful for that. Gia was like "so you did all that hard work for nothing?" I'm like no... it wasn't for NOTHING. I have basically another degree that I just worked my butt off for. I learned a ton, and when the right thing comes along at the right time... I'll be ready! Hard work is NEVER for nothing.

Oh my gosh, the faux EPCOT party looks so fun! What a great idea!
THANK YOU! It was so awesome. I had several people tell me what a great idea it was. I was very flattered. But for sure just so glad that everyone really brought their A game and had a great time.
WOW!! What a FANTASTIC party!! I would LOVE to do this someday. What an inspiration. ::yes::

Your vow renewal was very special and despite the circumstances, well done too. You guys are so creative!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! If you do, please tell me how it goes!!! Love to see everyone's creativity.
What an amazing party! You seriously need to become a party planner.
Thanks!! I actually threw the daycare going-away party for John Paul's class yesterday at our house since the kids are all moving onto the preschool this coming fall. It wore me out so much that I haven't even downloaded picture yet. I WISH party planning paid as well as what I do LOL. Definitely a hobby. I love to make people have fun!
What a fun party! If teaching and accounting don't work out for you, have you considered becoming a party planner? My goodness you would be in high demand! So creative!
Sure is nice to have options LOL. I do keep all my party stuff in case that day ever comes. But there's no way party planning pays more than I spend on it LOL

Finished and I FEEL LIKE WONDER WOMAN!
Good for you!!!!
VERY interesting. I ended up not getting the job at Gia's school. I applied to a few other local schools, but didn't hear back. I'm limited to what I can do because it's just me with the kids on a daily basis. But my old job called me to come back and it's actually kind of a promotion in a new area. I'm excited! Everything happens for a reason, and I still went through the hard part to become a teacher and when the time is right I'll be ready!
That's great news! :)
Aren't they hilarious? We loved doing it.
:goodvibes
Oh, the castle... one day during quarantine I was picking up groceries and I get a text from Jimmy that he wants to paint a castle on the fence. I'm like okay... and I ignored him. Then he's like "you better hurry home or I'm doing this without you." So yeah we have one. I sketched it out with chalk and we painted it together.
I love that. :)
It was really funny when Dad opened it on father's day.
:laughing:
Of course! But it's totally a "what feels right" kinda recipe. We start with 2 cups flour, 2 cups water and one egg and just add flour until it's not sticky anymore. We put the browned ground beef in the ravioli pasta mold. We cook it with Italian seasoning, garlic pepper, some salt and pepper and add an egg once it's browned to help it stick. We also do an egg wash between the pieces of pasta to get them to stick.
Uh, oh... "ravioli pasta mold"
Don't have that, but do have a Gordon Ramsay book that shows how to do them by hand.

And... There's more to this than what you've shared... Where's the sauce????
Well Thank you, you flatter me! But I like to think I have a sense of humor about it LOL
Even better. :)
YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!
Not just me!!!

I hope everyone is still hanging in there and staying safe. We're doing the best we can.

I do have some Fall trip news. Danielle called Guest Services to see if she would be able to use any of the tickets she earned while in the DCP. One ticket shows as "1-Day Park Hopper Hybrid One" with and expiration date of 3/2022. She also has 3 "Chip & Dale" tickets, which are the passes she earned to give to family. She also has an "new hire glue ticket" but it says no admittance on it. She waited on hold while the CM checked. They really didn't have a definitive answer. There was talk about letting the DCP kids use those tickets since they were sent home early and didn't have time to use them but as of now nothing has been decided. It looks like Danielle will have to purchase a one day ticket before we go. I was home for lunch while she was on the call so I went ahead and asked about our reservation for Movies. Since Movies is closed I needed to move my reservation. I was offered Pop or a Little Mermaid Room @ AOA. Both were "price protected" so no additional cost to me. I chose AOA since I've never stayed there. I'm looking forward to something new.

A few days ago Michelle got the news that the wedding she was suppose to be on the same weekend that we will be in Disney has been postponed due to Covid concerns. I don't think it took her a full 24 hours to book a flight and purchase tickets so she could join us in Disney! GIRLS TRIP! Of course when I called to add her to my reservation I was told I would lose my "price protection" and it would cost me almost $300 more. So as of now I have not added her to the room. I'm hoping an AP rate will be offered to help offset some of the increase. But we're all excited she will coming, that is everyone but Dennis :sad1:. He did say he's holding out for another family trip, which may or may not be sometime early next year.

Park Day 2-Epcot Sunday, December 15th-Finishing our World Tour

After listening the the melodious Voices of Liberty we headed to Japan. I think we spent a little time shopping but our main goal was Pick a Pearl. John Paul was napping by this time so Dennis stayed outside with him while Danielle & I paid and waited for our turn. Have you ever done this? This was only my second doing it but Danielle and Michelle do it almost every trip. It's such a treat to pick an ugly oyster and find something beautiful inside. We enjoy the show the ladies put on for each guest too. "Congratulations!". Since Danielle and were doing this at the same time there was no one there to document it for us. Sadly this was the only picture I got in Japan. Neither one of us put our pearls in a setting since we were pressed for time.

Two very different pearls.

Once we were done, John Paul was still asleep and we wanted to go in different directions. I wanted to head to France to finally catch a Christmas Storyteller and Dennis wanted to catch the music group in Canada, Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. He really likes this group and I think he was ready to sit for a bit. Danielle and I took the sleeping JP, bypassed Morocco and headed to France. We staked out our spot to wait for Papa Noel. While we were waiting I took a few pictures of the decorations.

It was pretty crowded in the area, so I had a hard time getting the photos of the Christmas Balls. It's going to be so odd to visit in October and not have heavy crowds.

Danielle and I also got some Photo Pass Pictures.

John Paul slept through it all. Danielle was wearing her Marie shirt so she absolutely had to have a photo in France.

It was finally time for Papa Noel. I really enjoyed it and would see it again. John Paul woke up right at the end as everyone was getting up to leave.

Continued. . . .

Danielle, JP and I walked all the way to Canada to meet Dennis and listen to some more Christmas music which we did enjoy.

I only had 1 character I wanted to make sure John Paul met in Epcot and that was Winnie the Pooh. He had such a great time when he met him at Crystal Palace when we came in 2018. It was getting late and we didn't have much time before our dinner ADR. I insisted in going back to the UK to find Pooh. When we got there British Revolution was performing so Dennis and Danielle found a curb and listened to them while I took JP and waited in line for Pooh. We were both wearing our Pooh outfits so were dressed to impress. I thought the set up of Christopher Robin's room was really cute. JP liked the toys on display. I wish I could say JP remembered his love for cuddly Pooh but he didn't. He was shy and scared. I think this is normal for most toddlers. There was a CM with Pooh but not photo pass
photographer. I gave her my phone since it's much easier than the camera. She did take lots of photos and until we got him to actually look at the camera.

We still never got a smile. I think he was a little suspicious of the giant bear.

It was finally time to bid farewell to World Showcase and head to Coral Reef. We had a little bit of time so we walked into The Seas with Nemo and Friends with no wait. Originally we planned on spending time in here on Tuesday morning.
Of course John Paul insisted on riding with Danielle. Here is their "shelfie"

He loved the ride and everything inside the The Seas. We had the nicest CM who helped point out the different sea animals. It's nice when you can slow down and listen the CMs.

After a bit we moved on, JP wanted to find the sharks and the CM said they were in the back.

And he had to play around in the Bruce area. I didn't think we were ever going to get him out. I had to chase him around in here. It was a great place to burn off some energy.

Once we finally got John Paul to say goodbye to the fishes we headed around the corner to dinner.

Up next dinner and Epcot at night.

We got the news yesterday that our flights with Southwest in October were changed. We're not flying out until almost an hour later and arriving about an hour later. This will eat into our Epcot plans but we will get a little more sleep. Our return flight was bumped to over 2 hours later. We don't fly out until 8:05 pm now. I immediately suggested we change our plans and go to Animal Kingdom. Looks like we'll being doing all 4 parks now. I had already planned on taking the Monday off to rest and Danielle also got the news yesterday that all her Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes will be online. I think it was a sign. Now we just need for the number for Covid to get better.

What a great time you had. I’ve never done the pick a pearl but I love watching others do it. Hard to believe how different pearls can be! Your photos are gorgeous! 😊 The Seas is a great place to let toddlers run off some energy 👍. Looking forward to hearing how your meal was at Coral Reef :goodvibes

They really didn't have a definitive answer. There was talk about letting the DCP kids use those tickets since they were sent home early and didn't have time to use them but as of now nothing has been decided.
Wow. Good that they're so decisive! :sad2:
I was offered Pop or a Little Mermaid Room @ AOA. Both were "price protected" so no additional cost to me. I chose AOA since I've never stayed there. I'm looking forward to something new.
I would've done the same. I've stayed at POP and don't think I'll ever stay at AoA since it's more money for a value. But for the same price? Definitely.
I don't think it took her a full 24 hours to book a flight and purchase tickets so she could join us in Disney!
:laughing: Yay!
Have you ever done this?
Yes and no. In Hawaii, I let my DDs do it. So... I've paid for it, but never done it for myself.
We enjoy the show the ladies put on for each guest too. "Congratulations!".
I wonder if they ever get tired of doing that... or feel odd about doing it to a sub-par pearl?
Canadian Holiday Voyageurs
Glad to see there was something there.
It was pretty crowded in the area, so I had a hard time getting the photos of the Christmas Balls.
Yes, taking photos of balls can be more difficult in a crowd.
Danielle and I also got some Photo Pass Pictures.
Those are great. :)
It was finally time for Papa Noel. I really enjoyed it and would see it again.
I'd love to see him too!
I thought the set up of Christopher Robin's room was really cute.
Didn't know they had that. Great idea!
I wish I could say JP remembered his love for cuddly Pooh but he didn't. He was shy and scared.
Pretty normal, I think.
We still never got a smile. I think he was a little suspicious of the giant bear.
That's a good defense mechanism for hiking!
Of course John Paul insisted on riding with Danielle. Here is their "shelfie"
Nice! :)
Sigh.
I love playing with the kids when I'm in there. Just once I wish I could be diving when someone I know was around.
I had to chase him around in here. It was a great place to burn off some energy.
:)
We're not flying out until almost an hour later and arriving about an hour later. This will eat into our Epcot plans but we will get a little more sleep.
Not bad, then. :)
Looks like we'll being doing all 4 parks now.
Yuss!!

I’ve never done the pick a pearl but I love watching others do it.

You should try it. I the thrill of waiting to see what you got.

The Seas is a great place to let toddlers run off some energy

Yes it is, and it's air- conditioned.

Wow. Good that they're so decisive!

So much uncertaintly.

I would've done the same. I've stayed at POP and don't think I'll ever stay at AoA since it's more money for a value. But for the same price? Definitely.

That was my thought too.

Yes and no. In Hawaii, I let my DDs do it. So... I've paid for it, but never done it for myself.

You're a good Dad. Dennis has never done it either, but has paid for it a few times.

I wonder if they ever get tired of doing that... or feel odd about doing it to a sub-par pearl?

I've never noticed them showing anything but awe.

Glad to see there was something there.

We usually enjoy the music in Canada, even when it's not Christmas.

Those are great. :)

Thank you1

Didn't know they had that. Great idea!

It was really cute.

That's a good defense mechanism for hiking!

True that. We just watched Brother Bear last night, another cautionary Bear tale.

I love playing with the kids when I'm in there. Just once I wish I could be diving when someone I know was around.

Awwww. I'm sure that would be a great memory.

Then he's a good dad too. :)

Yes he is.

Right? They can't all be the best pearls ever.

Interesting story, one year both Danielle and Michelle got pearls together. The ceremony was done for both girls at the same time and them open one after the other. Michelle's pearl was very pretty but fairly small. When Danielle's pearl was opened it was a whopping 8mm, much larger than Michelle's. Michelle was not a happy camper. The ladies made a big fuss about both pearls, but when they were placed side by side there was a huge difference. Don't feel sorry for Michelle, the next time we went she ended up with a pair of pearls.

I've never heard them. Some day...

I'm hoping you make it there someday soon and not in years.

We got the news yesterday that our flights with Southwest in October were changed. We're not flying out until almost an hour later and arriving about an hour later. This will eat into our Epcot plans but we will get a little more sleep. Our return flight was bumped to over 2 hours later. We don't fly out until 8:05 pm now. I immediately suggested we change our plans and go to Animal Kingdom. Looks like we'll being doing all 4 parks now. I had already planned on taking the Monday off to rest and Danielle also got the news yesterday that all her Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes will be online. I think it was a sign. Now we just need for the number for Covid to get better.
Did you see also that Art of Animation opening was pushed back to Nov 1. I wonder where they will move you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter